64 The Devil Blacksmith (2)
287 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
-Kling 
 
 
 
The bell chimed when someone opened the door. A man wearing a robe came into the shop, glancing around like normal customers did.
 
 
 
"May I help you, Sir?" Henova asked after sipping the hot black coffee.
 
 
 
Based on his discerning eyes, the robe worn by the man wasn't that impressive despite it might be at least a grade 1 magic artifact which was common that even Heptagon Academy used such an item to make their student's uniform. 
 
The man's face was hidden under the hood and only his mouth and chin could be seen.
 
 
 
"Oh you must be the blacksmith Henova right? Someone recommended me to recruit you to work with our master," the man said, smiling friendly to Henova.
 
 
 
"Recommend me? Who would recommend someone like me and I don't know who your master is," Henova replied skeptical.
 
 
 
"But what if we said we can give you the Divine hammer, the Hammer of Hephaestus," the man trying to entice Henova.
 
 
 
'Again, with this Hammer of Hephaestus. Is Ares the one recommending me to him but I don't even know where that lad even comes from let alone this man who didn't even introduce himself,' Henova thought.
 
 
 
"I'm sorry but I don't like being subservient to other people. If that's all, can you get out from my shop"
 
 
 
"Hey, don't decide hastily. I will give this to you as a present," the man put a black box on top of the shop counter along with a hand drawn map.
 
 
 
Henova could feel a familiar sensation from the box, trying to remain calm he asked, "You, what is in that box?"
 
 
 
"Oh it's nothing. You must have encountered something similar before right? It's the Devil Core and this map will lead you to something that is rightfully yours," the man answered with a huge smile as if proud of what he said.
 
 
 
Devil Core was the term used by blacksmiths for a metal named Uru which was a metal that could only be found in the Demonic realm. However in order for Uru to be usable it has to 'eat'.
 
 
 
And to eat is to give blood sacrifices to the metal until it produces a faint black reddish mist around it. Those that have sharp senses would be uncomfortable around this metal. This metal was doomed to be an evil weapon if it was used in making weapons.
 
 
 
Henova had a lump of Uru inside his room but he already decided he wouldn't use it even though he was curious on how the weapons would become if he used it.
 
 
 
"You're a talented blacksmith so aren't you curious what kind of weapon you can make using the Devil Core?" The robed man asked after seeing Henova remained silent.
 
 
 
 
"No, why would I make a weapon using a dangerous metal like this one. I'm not interested," Henova said sternly.
 
 
 
"Oh it's ok. Just take this as a souvenir from me. I thought you might want to take revenge for your wife and daughter but it looks like I'm mistaken," the robed guy started to walk out of the shop.
 
 
 
However Henova's words stopped him, "Wait, if you know about my revenge, do you know who was the group that killed them?"
 
 
 
"I don't know but my master knows about it. If you agree to serve my master, we can even help you with your revenge."
 
 
 
"........" Henova remained quiet but his emotion was clearly shaken at the mention of his wife and daughter.
 
 
"It's alright. We will meet again if fate allows us," the robed man pushed open the door.
 
 
"Can you please give me some time to think?" Henova said in an uncertain tone.
 
 
"Of course but not for too long."
 
 
He had always thought of revenge but he knew he didn't have power to do it. He has served a few nobles in the past in order to try to ask their help but his request was rejected every single time. 
 
 
After that he realised those selfish nobles wouldn't help him if there was no gain for them.
 
 
 
Henova just watched the robed man exit his shop and walked away. The surrounding was a bit foggy, maybe because it had been raining last night. The fog obscured Henova's view from seeing where the robed man went down the alley.
 
 
 
The robed man seemed like he vanished into thin air inside the white fog.
 
 
 
While in deep thought, suddenly something taped his shoulder. Henova jolted to his side and turned back to see a young lad wearing a black sweater with hood covering his head and a black face mask.
 
 
The only thing Henova could see was the crimson red eye and a few strands of black hair. It was the same young master who came to his shop yesterday.
 
 
 
"Henova, I have called your name so many times after I entered this shop," Ares said.
 
 
 
"Uh, you came quite early today. I thought you might come in the evening and you even come alone," Henova tried to act normally.
 
 
 
"I have to go back before dinner time since my family wanted to meet me. My servants are waiting outside. Is the upgrade not finished yet?"
 
 
 
 
"No, I already finished them," Henova said before giving Ares the two Katanas.
 
 
 
"By the way Henova, shouldn't you try renovating this shop? Maybe at least put a shop name in front of the building?" Ares suggested.
 
 
 
"Hey, is that really necessary? You already recommended me to one of your rich friends, right? So I might have to move out from this place later on," Henova said in a mocking tone.
 
 
He didn't like how Ares tried to meddle with his life. He was annoyed with the previous guy acting all confident that Henova would agree and now Ares was acting ignorant as if he didn't do anything.
 
 
 
"What are you talking about? I never recommend you to anyone since you seemed to prefer working independently," Ares answered honestly.
 
 
 
"Hey are you for real so who is the man that came just before you? You might even bump into him when you came here," Henova was confused.
 
 
 
 
"Oh that man wearing black robe? I don't know him. Did he offer you something, saying that you were recommended by me?"
 
 
 
".....No, he didn't specifically say it was you, he just said someone recommended me to work with his master."
 
 
 
"Sounds like a swindler to me."
 
 
 
Henova didn't know what to say. He wanted to tell Ares that the man seemed to know about his past thus he might not be a mere swindler. Plus he also had the Dark Core metal which was one of the rarest metal in the world.
 
 
Giving away such metal as a souvenir wasn't something ordinary people could do. However, his conscience forbade him from telling Ares since he also didn't know who Ares really was.
 
 
 
"It seems you are having a problem. Since you are a talented blacksmith, I can offer to help you if you manage to find me," Ares said before putting a metal insignia on the counter top. 
 
 
 
Just beside the black box given by the robed man. The bright red insignia looked striking compared to the black box.
 
 
 
"What is this?" Henova asked. He never really cared much about nobles since he opened the shop thus he didn't recognize the symbol on the metal badge.
 
 
 
He looked at the prisms shaped metal badge that had a symbol of red thorny roses circling around a red majestic bird breathing out fire.
 
 
 
"I have to get going. I hope we can meet again," Ares bid farewell to Henova since he had a more urgent matter to do.
 
 
 
**********************************
 
 
 
Inside a normal looking building not far away from Henova's shop, a group of people surrounded a fainted man wearing black robe that was tied up with a magic rope and mana restriction bracelet in order to restrict him from using magic.
 
 
 
"Young master, can you please explain why you wanted to capture this man?" Vincent asked.
 
 
 
Ares had ordered the Dark Guards to put an eavesdropping device inside Henova's shop and he had heard the conversation between Henova and that robed man during his way to the shop. He immediately ordered the Dark Guards to spread paralyzing fog around the shop.
 
 
 
Once the man walked quite a distance from the shop, he fall unconscious due to the fog and that's when they captured and dragged the man away while Ares continued entering the shop acting like nothing was out of ordinary.
 
 
 
"This guy might have a relationship with those guys we captured before and maybe they all have a connection to Demons," Ares said directly.
 
 
Vincent was shocked but he wouldn't ask how Ares knew since he believed his young master. For such a person who can resurrect the dead, would it really hard for him to know if someone has a relation with a Demon?
 
 
The robed man was still unconscious but Ares had no time to wait for him to wake up by himself, thus he choked him before a buzzing sound came from his hand. Sparks of lightning started to spread all over the man's body.
 
 
<Lightning Sparks>
 
 
"Arghhh!" The man instantly woke up.
 
 
 
Ares gave him a slight electric shock to force the man in front of him to wake up. He stared at the man who was in a trance.
 
 
 
The man looked around confusedly. Vincent pulled over the man's cape in order to see his face properly but once he did that the man started yelling and shouting.
 
 
 
"You! Who are you?! You dare do this to me huh"
 
 
'It seems this one doesn't know who I am.'
 
 
"Why are you meeting with Henova?" Ares asked as if he didn't hear the man's shout.
 
 
 
"What? Do you also want to recruit Henova? Are you a noble? No matter what you do, it's nothing compared to what we offered him."
 
 
"Oh so you must be the one who gave Henova the Devil Core. How interesting?"
 
 
Ares had smell that familiar stinking stench when he was in Henova's shop. The smell was similar to a pig turd but was more intense. It came from the black box on Henova's countertop.
 
 
In the novel it was described that the Elves described the Demon King's sword, Nabassu's smell was like a really strong fermented pig's turd and only them could smell it. That's why none of the Elves wanted to face the Demon King because of the overwhelming outrageous smell that made them want to vomit.
 
 
Nabassu was said to be made of a metal that could only be found in the Demonic realm called the Devil Core or the other name for it was Uru.
 
 
From there he knew Devil Core was inside the box. Fortunately, his face mask blocked some of the smell.
 
 
 
Devil Core during this time around wasn't that well known and only several people knew about it including Henova. So the man felt really shocked that someone else knew about the Devil Core.
 
 
 
"That's a dangerous thing. What the hell do you give that to a blacksmith? Are you crazy?" Vincent couldn't help but feel shocked after listening to Ares's explanation.
 
 
"You?! How do you know about the Devil Core?!" The man started to panic.
 
 
 
-Zuppp
 
 
 
A clean sword cut shallowly on the man's back just below his neck.  It was Ares who used his newly upgraded sword.
 
 
"The sword feels nicer after being upgraded by Henova. How does it feel? Nice right? Henova upgraded it for me," Ares sheathed back the sword into its scabbard.
 
 
 
"Arghhhh! I'll kill you!!! Tell me who you're?" The man stared at Ares with bloodshot eyes.
 
 
 
However he couldn't do anything due to his mana being restricted. Even a demon couldn't do anything if it was in the same situation.
 
 
 
-Zapp
 
 
 
Another sword slash cut on the area near from the first one.  Blood started to trickle down.
 
 
 
"Ask more questions and the next one will be your legs," Ares said coldly.
 
 
 
"Arghhhh!!!! I will kill you!!!"
 
 
"Hey are you recruiting Henova to work with the demons? Aren't those demons who killed his family?" Ares asked, ignoring the man's shouts and stares.
 
 
 
"Hahahaha I see. You indeed know nothing. Why should the demons kill his family?"
 
 
"So it must be humans then. In terms of doing wicked evil things, humans are the only species that could be on par with demons."
 
 
 
The man stopped shouting but there was a hint of nervousness in his eyes. Ares continued to probe.
 
 
"By the way, are the other robed men that I found trying to trick two homeless teenagers also your friend?"
 
 
 
"You, what nonsense are you talking about haa?!!! What do you want?"
 
 
 
-Zup
 
"Arghhh!!!"
 
 
"I'm the one asking questions here, not you."
 
 
A dagger was stabbed on the man's right thigh. A loud scream reverberated throughout the area. Fortunately, the Dark Guards already set up a noise cancelling barrier around them.
 
 
 
"Why not at least tell me who your master is? I might get interested and want to serve your master too."
 
 
 
"Like hell, nobody like you can serve my master. My master deserves the best of the best," the man's voice started to weaken.
 
 
 
"If you give me at least one word answer for my question, I will pour potion on your injuries. No answer or just nonsense shouting, I will stab your other leg. Then I will stab your shoulders, your guts, your eyes before finally your heart."
 
 
 
The man stared at Ares wide eyes, his Adam's apple trembled slightly. 
 
 
 
"Next, I want to know what is the criteria your master wanted? I don't think strength played a big role here. Henova is big but not actually that strong physically," Ares said.
 
 
"Like hell I will tell you-arghhh!!! Fuck!!"
 
 
 
Another dagger was stabbed on his left leg. The man could clearly feel the throbbing pain aching from both his legs. His face had become paler as more blood dripped out from his injuries.
 
 
 
"Next will be your shoulders. Next question, what if someone from the noble family wanted to serve your master. He won't decline right?"
 
 
 
"Ptuih, do you think my master cared about those nobles. You're deluding yourself-arghhhhh!!!!"
 
 
 
Another dagger stabbed onto his right shoulder and left shoulder simultaneously.
 
"Your master doesn't sound like a demon so who is your master actually? Someone that hated nobles?"
 
 
"Fuck!!! You said it would only be my shoulder," the man said, indicating it was supposed to be only on one of his shoulders, not both.
 
 
 
"I never said I would stab only one place at a time. I can stab two places or three at the same time right? So now let's continue, the next part will be your eyes. So think carefully before you answer. If it was a Targael, would your master accept him?"
 
 
 
"Pfttt hahaha!! Are you crazy? Who will reject those bunch? You're saying the impossible. You sure you don't have problems with your brain?" The man seemed delighted for the first time.
 
 
 
"Oh why do you think it was impossible?"
 
 
 
After not being stabbed, the man's seem to regain a bit of his sanity. If before his answer was influenced by extreme rage and pain but when he already used to the pain, he decided to remain silent.
 
 
 
It was better than him accidentally blurted out things he shouldn't say.
 
 
 
"Oh is that your answer? Ok then."
 
 
Seeing Ares grabbing a dagger, the man closed his eyes instinctively, preparing to be stabbed. He was already ready to die from the beginning he got caught.
 
 
 
-Zup
 
 
The robe and cloth he wore were torn apart, leaving a part of his front body naked. The area from his left clavicle until above his left side abdomen were naked since the cloth was tore off.
 
 
 
The man was confused.
 
 
 
"Who said I can only stab. I'm also an expert in slicing things you know"
 
 
 
The man's face turned disappointed since he thought his agony might ended soon but it had only started.
 
 
 
 
5