Welcome to the cage
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jane was a very hardworking collage graduate. Jane was looking for a part time job to gather money for her future studies as she couldnot always depend on her poor parents for support. But the reality was cruel for her, the past few months she could not find any jobs, her parents had fallen sick, she lost her room being unable to pay even for that cheap price. Every cent she had went to her parents. The reality liked to joke a lot with her when she had nearly gotten the job a crack opened near the building she could have been working for and her dream collapsed with the building.

She has been staying in this abandoned building for some days now with several other people. They also had lost many things to this phenomenon. Tylor was one of those people. He always was smug and acted as a hooligan gathering several of those people there and looting even less fortunate and harassing many of which jane was also a target. It got worse when Tylor got a job as warrior. He showed his skill with a sword he picked up from somewhere.

As always all people left the building at the crack of dawn to search for hope. And as night fell they started returning but there something had changed. The buildings first floor was covered by black walls which were not there. People felt conflicted as the thought if they were still welcome to this place or if they had to find another place lingered in their mind. Jane was also looking around for something to happen. When Tylor's group of hooligans arrived. They started shouting names at people and touching everyone. When Tylor did the same to Jane she felt disgusted towards him and wished to kill him. But the sword in his hand kept her thoughts at bay.

When Tylor had enough he looked at the walls and was also confused. Tylor being hotblooded shunned others of being cowards and moved in through the crack in the wall. Everone slowly followed behind him. When everyone was inside what everyone saw was a red light emitting from the middle of the flat and several crystal like metals shining in the dark. They could hear sounds of metal clashing like someone was fighting or someone was hitting on metal with something. Tylor still had courage and moved forward when suddenly the sound stopped. Everyone got extra careful but noone retreated.

When everyone got near the source of light many realised it was boiling lava. People began to feel afraid and started retreating to where they came from. But as everyone turned around they saw something, a wolf with shining silver fur and a green creature in rags and chest armour with a mace sitting on top of it. It let out low growls as saliva dripped down from between its teeth. Everyone wanted to run but behind them was a pool of lava and the only exit they knew was blocked by the goblin rider.

"Move cowards."

A shout came from Tylor as he looked at the rider.

"Its just a goblin rider they are weak. We have enough people to take that thing down. Don't be scared like little kittens and lets kill that thing together." He was ready to show to everyone why they should respect him. Stretching his arm he walked out of the crowd and pointed his sword to the goblin rider.

" Come show me what you got." He shouted. People felt reassured and moved together. Thats when the wolf started dashing suddenly and was infront of them. Horror struck when they saw that the goblin rider had bashed the head of Tylor into pieces with a mace. People began fleeing everywhere. Jane ran straight for what looked like another exit. The wolf ran amok everyone and killed everyone. When he realised a little girl running for the exit it gave chase but a coward dared to hit it with the sword he had picked up. The wolf slowly turned around looking for who had dared when the person responsible fainted from fear when met with a chilling gaze. The wolf saw that it was too late to catch the little girl but the cluster of metal which was near Jane suddenly exploded. Many metal shards went into her skin and she lost one of her leg form below the knee. But fear of death was scarier than pain, she pulled her body to the exit and successfully exited the cage. The goblin rider pair killed everyone inside leaving her as the sole survivor. When she looked at herself she started losing hope of survival when

<You have successfully awakened yourself as a "Valkayre " (Rare).>

<Gained skill "Blood burn" (allows you to burn blood for healing and strength.>

When she saw this she cried of happiness. She used the skill and felt warm all over. She realised her leg was also starting to grow when suddenly she fainted due to lack of blood.

At the same time Tret also gained a notification.

<Your monster has caused people to feel fear, dread, helplessness gained 0.2 % as buff.>

<Normal people's emotions give less value.>

<Your disasters have strengthened a little.>

0