Jane
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jane wakes up the next morning without the strength to do any thing. She takes out her phone and dials for help and faints right after. Some time pass and Jane opens her eyes in the hospital. A nurse arrives shortly and briefs her about her currnet condition. Jane had suffered from excessive blood loss but when she arrived at the hospital there were no visible wounds that could have lead to loss of so much blood. The nurse asks if Jane is aware of what happened. This reminds Jane of what happened in the cage. Her body starts shaking involuntarily, the nurse noticing this moves forward to help Jane only to see that she had passed out. The nurse thinks that something might have happened and calls police just in case. If it was related to monsters the issue might be complicated.

When Jane wakes up again she notices two men in crew cut discussing among themselves in front of her. One men noticing her wake up greets Jane. "Hello, I am officer Carl working under Monster Subjugation and Control Force(MSCF). We got a report saying you had a peculiar condition and it might be related to monsters. The place where we you found is currently being investigated. If you have anything that can help I hope you can share.. "before he could finish he hears a loud shout from Jane. 

" NO, Call them back. Fast call them back. You can't kill that thing. It killed every one of us." She starts gasping gor air." I barely survived by leaving others to die. " She starts crying." It killed everyone there, it took away my leg and left me at deaths door. "

The officer looks at her weirdly and then at her leg which seems to have been amputated and has already healed. But according to her the leg was cut off by a monster. Which was weird because she was found yesterday morning by the hospital crew and monsters had not appeared for long to allow her legs to heal so much. Finding there was some thing wrong about the situation he questions Jane about it. Jane in sobs slowly starts telling them the story.

"After escaping from that cursed building I was about to die, when suddenly a notification said I awakened or something and my skill allowed me to heal myself by burning my blood. That maybe the reason why I fainted due to blood loss."

Officer Carl was shocked after finding that the Crippled girl before him was holder of one of the rare jobs. He finds it heartbreaking that a rare job was wasted on a cripple. He shakes his head and thinks maybe she could be of help to MSCF even though her leg is like that. So he proposes if she wants to join the military. He uses sweet words to trap her saying that the military will help her exact revenge and also says they will provide funds for treatment of her parents. Jane after considering for some time accepts the proposal. They sign a contract then and there. Carl shows a sweet smile as he looks at the contract which was very advantageous to the military. As Jane was crippled she didn't have much say in the contract because they could just leave her be but she could not be without militaries help.

Carl asks Jane how she was crippled and what type of monster it was. After hearing it was just a goblin rider he grows confident and thinks that it must have looked like a nightmare for ordinary people. He claims to Jane that the MECF will easily take care of them. Jane not knowing much and seeing a goblin rider for the first time didn't know better so she thought all monsters were the same and didn't provide any extra explanation. Carl speaks to his phone and tells the attack squad that its just a goblin rider and they can subdue it easily.

At the same time near Tret's building, after receiving the call the attack squad leader leads his squad inside the building. The 20 men squad slowly aporoach the middle of the cage without finding anything. The squad leader finds it weird that a pool of lava was there inside a building. He tries to report but finds his communicator jammed.

'Rustle' A sound pulls the attention of the attack squad to the door they came in from. They see the goblin rider which they were searching for. The goblin is covered in metal armour and the claws of wolf also seem to be covered in metal.

Finding nothing out of place they start firing at the goblin. After a short volley of bullets they stop to check the situation thinking they had killed the goblin. To their surprise they find the goblin rider perfectly fine and pieces of bullets they fired lying on the ground. The attack leader thinks that the goblin has a good quality armour and tells the squad to fire again. This time the goblin rider moves arriving in front of them is a second. The guy in front finds himself under the claws of wolf. The wolf bites his head off and continues charging forward. The goblin swings his mace haphazardly around him, hitting some and missing some.

The military quickly finds a cover and starts firing at the goblin. The people who thought that they were safe behind the cover of chunks of metal finds themselves in deaths door as the chunk explodes in their face ripping them apart. The last person who entered the cage dies in the hands of goblin rider leaving no survivors and leaving some food for the goblin rider until the next batch of invaders enter their door.

At the same time Tret who was showering gets a notification.

<The invaders feel fear, panic and confusion. Current buff:0.7%>

<Your disasters are strengthened a little.>

/This is my first time writing something. So any comments and suggestions are always welcome. I hope to improve myself and become a better storyteller. Thank you. /

0