Chapter 29
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sleepy had gotten hit a few times by hidden weapons of Nightmares, his health gradually matching the target he was supposed to kill.

He realized he was having too much fun with this target, but if he didn't kill him soon he would lose the gold he needed.

Sleepy decided it was time to end the fight and his fingers ran wildly around the keyboard, matching Nightmare's pace while executing a skill.

Well, he executed three skills while avoiding Nightmares attacks.

Nightmare paused when he saw a cherry blossom slowly flutter in front of his eyes. He made his character look up and cursed while jumping away.

Except for him, there was only one other who had mastered the skill of thousands of cherry blossoms.

The skill was just as it sounded. Any player could try to use the skill, but if they failed, their character would die instead.

Thousands of cherry blossoms fell around them. It looked stunning, but it was the deadliest skill in Valley of Light. This skill was extremely challenging to execute since it didn't even have a base skill. If skills that were ranked 10 were hard to pull off, this skill could be considered a rank 15.

Without the other two skills, he might have tried to run out of range.

There was an array of blades surrounding the two players. Glowing blue lines connected them together and created a 'yin-yang' shape with the two assassins in the middle.

They were trapped in the circle, which was the perfect radius for the cherry blossoms. He wouldn't be able to destroy the array quickly enough to get out of the radius.

The third skill was the rank 10, throwing shurikens, shurikens surrounded Sleepy.

Nightmare cursed again. Three skills at once are not easy. Three skills with one of them being thousands of cherry blossoms means unavoidable death.

He avoided the shurikens, but he couldn't avoid the cherry blossoms that fluttered gently through the air, slowly being picked up by the wind and surrounding him.

He ran his hands over the keyboard and ten swords flew up from the ground and circled him. He tried to slash through the petals but it was useless. He couldn't cut through them all.

The cherry blossoms slowly cut into him, as if they were a thousand blades instead of soft flowers.

He fell to the ground and Sleepy deactivated the skills around him and sat down in front of the defeated blood elf with a tilted head and typed.

Sleepy: "That wasn't boring. I would've fought with you longer, but I really need the gold."

The man laughed as he looked at the cocky assassin in front of his body, a smile adorning his face despite his defeat.

Xiao Yi wasn't lying. It was the closest fight he'd had in a long time, and if he hadn't used the three skills together, his target would have defeated him.

If he had messed up even one key, he would have died.

His blood was pumping and he had a light smile on his face as he looked down at the body before him.

Nightmare: "Your friend requests are turned off. Want to be friends? We can fight again."

Xiao Yi sat up in his chair. He didn't have any friends on this alt account of his, he hadn't added V yet and he always took accompanying players off of his friend list so they couldn't annoy him later on.

He was about to deny it like he usually did, but he pursed his lips as he thought.

He could possibly fight this assassin again…

He opened up Nightmare's information and decided to send a friend request, which was accepted.

He even revived Nightmare and waved at him before heading back to the city with a slight bounce in his step. He then accepted the two gold rewards waiting for him.

He didn't know, though, that killing Nightmare would have a ripple effect in the game.

The assassin guild had cheekily put up an assassination notice, but they didn't think that someone would accept it and that this person had actually succeeded.

The new guild leader, Thorn, looked at the notification that the task had succeeded and that his gold had been taken. He ran to the board to see the video of the assassination. This feature was put in place so that buyers could trust that their task was completed and that their target didn't just… Let them kill them.

He didn't think anyone could kill Nightmare, and was ready to report this player 'Sleepy' so he saved the video to his computer and then clicked play. He wanted to see how this little player succeeded in getting Nightmare to agree to let him kill him.

He watched the video, which started from the moment Sleepy picked up the task to the end, where Nightmare died to three skills and he decided to put it on the forum after seeing the three skills being used together.

The video was 29 minutes long, and all assassination tasks were terminated after 30 minutes or if the assassin died. 20 minutes were spent fighting, while 7 minutes were spent waiting patiently for his target.

Sleepy wasn't known in the game, but Nightmare was, and the fact that Nightmare had died to someone got everyone's attention.

In addition to performing thousands of cherry blossoms, Sleepy mastered two other skills.

The question on everyone's mind was: Who was this great god?

1