Mie Ayam
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter features Formidable and Illustrious from Azur Lane.

 


 

“This is… this is…!”

 

The girl’s eyes were sparkling to behold upon a peculiar treasure on her table. Another girl with her white hat giggles nervously, unsure what to say.

 

“This is the recommendation from everyone. A supposedly top national dish! Mie Ayam! Or, chicken noodle, simplicity speaking.”

“I understand, but you can tone it down a bit, can’t you?”

 

Formidable hastily chop off her chopstick, while Illustrious, sitting right beside her, only able to watch her sister looking at her food eagerly with wonder. Perhaps, she wants to see her sister’s reaction and decides if Illustrious should eat it or not.

 

“Thanks for the food.” The girl in a dark grey-ish outfit claps her hands in front of her marvelous chest with a chopstick in it, nods her head, and smiling full of anticipation. Her gleaming eyes examine the warm dish thoroughly in front of them and ready her chopstick to eat. It seems Formidable is familiar with the manner of using chopsticks despite being a Royal Navy ship.

 

Illustrious also doing the same. She pays respect for the food and begins to identify what has come before her.

 

“Let’s see, I’m not a connoisseur, but I’ll try my best to understand what I’m going to eat. First, we have a—“

“D-d-delicious!”

“Eh?”

 

The moment she knows, her sister is pulling her head backward to bring the noodle out from the bowl with her teeth.

 

“To see you not acting like a lady is quite a rare feat, Formidable.” Illustrious can’t help to be amazed by her own sister.

“Because it’s breathtaking. The spice on the soup is really tasty and strong, powerful even! It brings forth a perfect image of being in a southeast Asian country.”

 

Another bite is being delivered with the chopstick.

 

“Ah, pardon me. I must speak how this yellow, wheat noddle is a masterpiece. The texture is very smooth and combined perfectly with a mixture of vegetable oil and seasonings!”

Even though her mouth is full of unchewed noodles, Formidable still adding more before she finally munches the food inside.

 

“But I daresay that the noodle alone able to carry the whole cuisine. Although, more companions with chicken meat and garlic enrich the taste. I can’t really get enough of it, oh my gosh…”

 

Formidable stops halfway as she slides her right hair so it won’t get in the way, showing her delicate ears as she blows the noodle gently. Then, the lady takes another taste of the chicken noodle along with some garlic in a single munch.

 

“Hmmm…”

 

Gulp.

 

Watching how her sister eats like that makes Illustrious want to have a taste too.

A bowl of Mie Ayam still untouched on her table. It looks steamy and juicy. The chef put the chicken meat neatly along with the Chinese cabbage, so it makes a perfect appetizing decoration.

 

Somehow Illustrious’ chest beat faster. Is it really that delicious? I’ve tasted many Japanese and England cuisine, but is this dish able to make me forget all about them?

 

The lady in white starts to slide her hair behind her pinkish ear. The faint steam comes to greet Illustrious as she brings her chopstick closer to her mouth.

 

Here I go.

 

A single bite of soft noodles enters her mouth, with a sudden robust seasoning smears her mouth.

 

“Oh, my! Oh my, oh my.” Illustrious put her hand in white gloves in front of her lips as she chews and tasting it.

 

This is really good. I understand why Formidable really likes it.

 

Looking at the lady in grey, she has another mouthful of noodles along with chicken meat for the dominant taste of this bite.

“Hmmhh!” Formidable makes another delightful sound. With all of her excitement, she pulls back her head again in order to draw the noodles out. Until they both realized there’s some part of it fall on the grey lady’s chest.

 

“Really. Since when you have no manner?” Illustrious wipe Formidable’s chest gently with tissue on her hand.

 

“Ihm shorry.”

“Talking with your mouth full, I see.”

She quickly swallows it all so she would able to talk properly, “I’m very sorry. It’s just I’m too absorbed with our dish.”

“I understand that you appreciated this particular delicious food. But remember, polite demeanor is also the way to appreciate it too. Please be a good girl.”

 

She nods like a child before she takes another bite. Illustrious giggles it away and start to focus on her own chicken noodle.

 

“Is it delicious, isn’t it?”

“It is!”

After that, they happily enjoying their food as if it’s their last meal in this world.

 

0