Chapter 041: Submission, Godzilla is a Fraud!
275 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Territory.

 Every living being values their territory, more so, predators. Within the territory, laid their dignity. It projected their dominance into the physical realm. 

The Earth was his territory. The Earth was him and he was the Earth. They were simply inseparable. 

But that notion no longer held any semblance of truth. The territory which only he could apportion as he saw fit to the other titans, was no longer his to do so. 

His dominion had been shattered and a new reign was about to be established. 

He was the fallen. He was the usurped. His current self, a mere husk of his former glory. 

GRAAA!

Godzilla roared in indignation, in pain, in anger, he let go of all the stuff bubbling inside of his ginormous body. 

Let go. 

It was better to let go or else he feared he might direct his sourness to the little, inferior surface dwellers. That would mean that he would no longer be the same. He, Godzilla, would have massively deviated from his usual way of doing things. He only went after those who threatened to create an imbalance in the system. In essence, he was the controller of the matrix and he wouldn't allow those under his rule to break the said matrix. 

How laughable! 

He was the loser and there was a rule in this world that dictated that winner could take everything away from the loser. 

His very life had been spared. His dignity was crushed by the absolute power. It was irresistible. Godzilla felt that even if he was given thousands of years of feeding off the energy from the Earth's core, he wouldn't necessarily win against that monstrous anomaly. His pride made it hard for him to admit the truth of the matter. 

He was truly weak and ignorant and filled with useless pride. 

A king could be defeated but his spirit should never get crushed and even if it was crushed, he should always stand back up! 

Godzilla growled as he begrudgingly rose from the devastated ground. He was aching all over. His huge body screamed at him to immediately seek medical attention. Ah, no medical attention as that could be mitigated through his own self-healing system. The downside was that considering how painfully exhausted and injured he was, it was going to take long. 

Godzilla gazed at the blue waters specifically the path taken by his most powerful adversary. 

From his huge nostrils, hot steam spewed out forcefully as his narrowed eyes finally turned their attention to another section of the city. 

Godzilla could sense them - Those who had witnessed it all. 

They held no malice but reeked of fear, probably after witnessing one hell of a horror show. 

Godzilla turned his head away and chose to ignore them lest the embarrassment continue to eat away at his mind. 

Beaten and battered up like a thug, Godzilla maintained that cool main character walk nonetheless until his form became one with the water, swallowed by the ocean. 

Anyway, Godzilla was no longer the king and his current status was quite vague. Things were going to be much more complicated going forward. 

A new ruler had taken the throne and it wasn't insubordination but an utter display of indescribable usurpation. 

What was going to be the fate of the world under its new sovereign? 

***

Inside the Mornach bunker, a deadly silence dominated the atmosphere. 

Dr. Serizawa had removed his glasses in response to the events that had just occurred. The hand that held the glasses was visibly trembling and it looked as if the glasses would fly away from him if he was any more careless. 

“Gojira…” Dr. Serizawa mumbled heavily. 

“D-Did the overgrown lizard just get his ass whooped? I-It's unbelievable!” A trembling, awkward laughter sounded which somehow broke a little bit of the tension in the room. 

Anyway, the person who had just spoken didn't get spared as all the eyes in the room turned to him. 

All eyes are on me. 

The one who had made a ruckus was a young male janitor. He had an average face but the way his body strained against his clothes whenever he increased his hold on the mop’s handle, garnered him a few curious gazes. 

In short, that random janitor had an outstanding sleeper build. 

Feeling the way everyone was looking at him as if I was a horrible sinner or some alien from Mars, the random janitor spread his palms out in surrender. 

“I-I am s-sorry!” He stammered a loud apology before his face suddenly morphed into one funny face. 

His lips were exaggeratedly pouted in your typical Patrick Bateman fashion.

“Sorry but not sorry. Godzilla is a fraud!” He shouted in a voice filled with zeal and ridicule. 

“Didn't ya all see how he received those wonderful backshots?!” The random janitor put his behind his head and began pushing his hips forward. 

There was a psycho in the room! 

Dr. Russell exhaled in visible frustration and venom. 

“Security! Take that man away!” She whipped an immediate order which was immediately carried out by two mean-looking soldiers. 

“I am speaking the truth. This is unfair!” The two soldiers struggled to keep the random janitor still as he yelled out like the madman he was. 

“Only the truth shall set ya all sinners free!” 

“Godzilla is a fraud!” 

The two soldiers proved to be powerful as they carried the janitor's was quickly. 

In one last effort to make a point, the janitor cried out in calculated fear as seen by his exaggerated expression. 

“Allah Akbar!” 

Almost immediately, everyone looked at him with squinted gazes. 

What the effing- 

“Dr. Serizawa, you are the one who dabbled in mental health at Oxford. Care to explain to me what type of potent drugs did that guy use?” Dr. Russell couldn't contain the small smile creeping on her thin lips despite the severity of their current situation. 

“Dr. Russell, I think that's some undiscovered drug to have such a strong effect.” Dr. Serizawa replied with a small cough while putting back his glasses on. 

“It may be a severe cranial disease. Seriously, of all the words he had to say, why did he go with ‘Allah Akbar’?!” 

“Does he think we are the US government or what? Ugh!” Dr. Russell facepalmed herself as she remarked sarcastically. 

Dr. Serizawa chuckled lightly and in the process, he didn't forget to adjust his glasses at the bridge of his nose. 

“That's the American Psycho, for you.” Dr. Serizawa hurriedly spoke in Japanese while subtly shaking his head. 

“What did you just say, Dr. Serizawa?” Dr. Emma Russell gave him an inquisitive glare. 

“That was a Japanese prayer to those possessed by the spirit of madness.” Dr. Serizawa's left lip tugged upward. 

Dr. Russell was quick to capture that little detail. 

“You are lying. Again.” 

“I am just sad about Gojira.” Another tug. 

Dr. Russell rolled her eyes before assuming a serious demeanor all of a sudden. 

“We really have a lot on our hands!” She gazed at the terrifying image of the otherworldly menace. 

“He isn't one of his ancient enemies for starters.” 

Dr. Serizawa also had a grave expression and replied with a nod. 

“We have to study everything about him. We don't know the full extent of his capabilities.” Dr. Serizawa added 

“Do you think he has the same origins as the one in Antarctica?” 

The mention of the one in Antarctica made them look at each other with trepidation in their eyes. 

“I hope not!” Dr. Emma said before tightly pursing her lips. 

***

Enjoy! 

For more chapters and extra support(Patreon.com/OnearmedImmortal)

8