Cheating Death
258 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The universe conformed to certain rules that were impossible to break in the conventional sense. 

Death was an aspect of life, just as life was an aspect of death. Life and death were two concepts that existed in perfect duality. 

The cycle of existence dictated that everything that breathes in life must eventually give it back to nature through dying. It was the inevitable fate of every living organism. 

Tardigrades or water bears are the most resilient living organisms on Earth but that didn't mean that they were exempted from Death. They had limited lifespans and even if they could survive the extreme conditions of space and something like the Mariana trench, they couldn't cheat death as much as they wanted. 

As for the jellyfish, it can be able to age in reverse when it feels like “I am getting old” and probably, “I want to return to my childhood” which was its polyp stage. The jellyfish was a false immortal as it couldn't possibly survive against a hungry, ruthless predator. 

The titans were another bunch of hardcore survivors as most of them survived the asteroid impact that lead to the extinction of dinosaurs.(A large amount of the Titans were obviously holed up in Hollow Earth)

The old lizard also survived quite a list of life-threatening situations. 

The most interesting of all the titans and the most forgotten of all was Shinomura as he had the most potential in terms of escaping death with its defensive capabilities being its most fatal flaw. 

Shinomura, or Swarm of Death, could straight up revive itself from a single cell if it fed off enough radiation. 

What was cheating death? That was cheating death. 

But it had sadly died from a simple detonation of an atomic bomb at Castle Bravo, when it had been fighting Godzilla - who had unsurprisingly survived for being the point of focus in the Awakening issue. 

Well, that was so much wasted potential in our little boy Shinomura. 

But I was neither Shinomura nor Godzilla. I was the ultimate cheater. 

Ghidorah will even be embarrassed in my presence and would probably ask to learn my ways, which would then make me talk shit before I eventually spit on his grave. Maybe take a selfie or two. 

This just made me want to meet the three-headed menace and see how he would react, hehe. *Evil smirk* 

Back to the present, this being my first time ever being decapitated, my thoughts got scattered all over as a result hence the rather long philosophical rambling about life and death. 

You might be wondering why I was able to have thoughts when my head had just been blown into oblivion, right? 

Well, you see, I developed a pretty weird anatomy after two evolution phases. My thoughts aren't just limited to the physical brain but are connected to every cell of my body. Of course, the physical brain was the place where my thoughts were the most centered. 

Even if my head got decapitated, there was something called automaticity like how a heart can continue beating without the need of a brain. This was similar to my thoughts which were independent of my brain. Let's just call it body and mind as one. 

And for your own peace of mind, don't compare it to some ancient martial arts bullcrap. 

Let’s scare the overgrown iguana a little bit - the iguana named Godzilla. 

I started regenerating my whole ass head at a visible rate and within seconds, I was back to normal. 

And boy, what type of arrogance did I witness? 

Godzilla was still there screaming nonsense about his full-on dominion over all living beings and his presence shouldn't ever be taken lightly no matter what. 

He was king, the law and order of Earth and all its monsters. 

There was no way an outsider could usurp the throne from him.

AWOO! 

You thought I was dead! 

I am not leaving you, Goji! 

I will spread- 

Before Godzilla could even react, I shoulder charged him into the air, effectively throwing him into the distance. His fall created a huge crater that you might have thought the lizard was trying to drill his way into Hollow Earth. 

Wut? Does he think he’s MUTO Prime V.2 or something along the lines? 

Please pardon my sarcasm. 

I then rushed toward him before he could try to pick himself up like an overturned tortoise. Godzilla was kind of slow in my perception even without actively using my [Accelerated Thought Processing]. 

ROAR! 

You wanted all the smoke but you’d never thought that I was the fire. 

I picked up Godzilla with my frontal limbs, despite his struggles, before flying 200 meters off the ground and guess what? 

I suplexed him good into the ground which was kind of crazy and horrific from an outside perspective, specifically those witnessing such unbelievable theatrics from an overpowered, otherworldly wolf. 

I had roughed up Godzilla pretty badly but the injuries weren't life-threatening. 

I winced when I noticed that somewhere during the fight, I had probably broken his two arms. 

Godzilla was whining in pain and agony and cursing me out for bringing him hell. 

I am really a bad person. Why did I hurt Godzilla? 

I looked down at Godzilla’s unresigned expression and growled at him to submit or… Perish. 

You know, the usual drill between Alpha Titans. 

2014 Godzilla was a kid to me despite him being ancient and all. He got thrown around by me, a thousand years old chaos bringer. It was pretty much embarrassing. 

Godzilla was intelligent and he understood my intention. He had done the same to some titans that thought they could defeat him. 

The otherworldly menace stepping down on him was usurping his former dominion and power as the king of the monsters. 

But what could he do against him? Nothing. 

It was his first time meeting such an amazing, powerful foe. Even that annoying bitch, Ghidorah, wasn't that overwhelming. 

He didn't want to die…yet. The time had come for him to forego his own pride. 

Godzilla growled back in response, his eyes conveying his final decision. 

GRRR! I smirked evilly. 

That's a good boy.

Didn't you train enough? You just got humiliated by me! 

Godzilla growled in extreme anger and embarrassment at my blatant jab at his ego. 

After taking away the title of the King Of the Monsters away from Godzilla, I left him there and flew away. 

I needed to sleep. 

***

Enjoy!

For more chapters and extra support (Patreon.com/OnearmedImmortal)

7