Isn’t that a shrift?
1.1k 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the blanket of primordial darkness, she smiled in satisfaction. 

Within the darkness, her white teeth were the only source of illumination albeit weakly. 

The scene was eerie and horrifying as it had the qualifications to feature in a horror movie due to the elements of fear of the unknown and the unseen. 

How would you exactly react to a pair of white teeth which are the only visible things in the darkness? 

In the same way, a person wouldn't want to share a room with a dancing skeleton, they probably wouldn't want to smile back at a pair of teeth, right? 

And then forth it came, her laughter. It was neither sweet nor melodious as other times. It teetered on the edge of insanity, obsession, and evilness. 

"A civilization can easily rise; the same goes for how hard it may fall. Nothing lasts forever, haha." 

She was a mystery to many and only a few knew her and that was only at the surface level. 

She liked chaos. She liked control and power. Nothing appealed to her more than seeing destruction and despair. To destroy what she couldn't actively get her hands on. 

She reveled in being worshiped and sanctified for she was…sacred. 

It was her destiny - her fate - for all living beings to bow down to her. 

She was the judge, executioner, and the jury. 

His world was slowly breaking down and soon, it would completely fall apart…forever, she thought. 

Every creature should suffer the consequences of their own decisions and failing to comply with her demands - to her magnanimity - was akin to inviting death. 

"Ugh, dear, how are you going to save your little planet now?" 

"I lost a few of my 'precious' collections to lead those pests to you but you didn't fail to surprise me." 

"I knew that wasn't enough to make you despair. After all, those I have eyes on are…special." 

She then kept silent. 

"Before you become one with me, you will have to be so much more than the current you." She smiled widely, this time around more twisted and deadly. 

The beauty lay within the darkness. She liked the darkness where none could see upon her face. The sacred couldn't be infringed!

She would finally meet him soon - the perfect creation - but…it wasn't the time yet. 

Soon.

Very soon.

"We will meet." 

A murmur, not of promise but certainty.

***

It was cool. The waters of the sea. 

No, it was hot. Scalding hot. 

The earth was burning, crying tears of magma. 

Within the deepest parts of the ocean unknown to man where light couldn't ever dream of penetrating, a vague gigantic shadowy figure could be seen. 

It was me. 

I was half-conscious yet I could feel everything. 

The sadness of the earth. 

It was dying. Devastated. Almost unsalvageable. 

[Burning Lightning Hell Mode] had a limited duration of 10 minutes but that time could be scaled down to one factor - the energy output. If I used it sparingly and efficiently, I could last 'till the ten minutes were over. But if I was hellbent on maximum energy output and more destruction, then my countdown would be halved and reduced significantly. 

I did what I did and I didn't regret it even one bit.

Wait…

Why am I capable of sensing the anguish the planet is going through? 

This…

Have I synced with the heart of the planet? 

Isn't this how Godzilla's senses are interpreted since he can perceive everything that might be a danger to the planet? 

I was neither Godzilla nor an original inhabitant of this planet. 

It was hella confusing. 

I could even hear voices…in my mind. 

I was beyond the three zones of depth; I was basically in an almost soundless domain. 

It was eerily quiet and my basic telepathy range stopped at 100 meters. 

Unless it was [Hive Mind Connection] which I could easily pick up as I was some sort of Kaiju myself, I didn't have any other explanation. 

Well, even that notion was bonkers since it was only Dr. Newton who was crazy enough to be 'intimate' with a Kaiju brain.

Cries? Prayers? 

People are praying to me? 

I was hella confused. 

What's going on? I am not a god. I am not a devil. I am me. 

So why the hell am I hearing multiple prayers in my mind? 

Tsk, I was damn tired. I couldn't move an inch. 

I was itching to know the current situation on the surface but I had to wait 'till I was all juiced up which was gonna take some time. 

[] 

[Due to being worshiped and millions of people praying to you, a lot of faith energy has been harvested.] 

What? Faith energy? And I am being treated as some god by a bunch of cultist humans? 

Can I use this faith energy for myself and be like Zeus, I hastily thought and then felt a chill run down my spine when Kratos' face flashed in my mind. 

[You can't proactively use the faith energy for yourself.] 

[Only two choices remain: Use that faith energy to remodel the planet and return it to its most natural state - devoid of pollution and only purity.] 

[Two, the remnant faith energy would be used to power up your next interdimensional travel. You won't do any freeloading from now on.] 

[The first interdimensional travel was solely sponsored, take it as a newbie benefit] 

This AI can really talk, tsk. 

So what if [Interdimensional Travel] needed fuel? 

There were different types of energies in the infinite realities (Speaking from reading hundreds of stories, animes, and comics) 

So the peculiar concept of faith energy didn't surprise me much but it was a pity I couldn't use it for myself. 

I-I think I would feel like a fraud if I used it as my path didn't tilt toward divinity but evolution. 

I was an evolutionary menace meant to thrive on the consumption of formidable enemies. Gods? Demons? My palate was open to all types of delicacies but with my current strength, my dishes were quite limited. 

The Pacific Rim Universe had lost its value but having worshippers had me thinking really hard. 

There was so much potential even though I was currently unable to cheat reality using faith energy. 

Maybe it was going to help me in the near future. 

Who didn't want to be a god? Me. 

I better be the GodKiller. 

After hours of taking a good rest and finally returning to my optimal state, I decided it was time to go to the surface. 

To be the symbol of hope. 

After destruction comes creation, humanity should face both ends of the spectrum. 

It was time to perform miracles. 

The miracle. 

Wait… wasn't that a shrift? 

***

Enjoy!

Promote this Immortal for Christmas!

For 10+ advanced chapters and extra support(Patreon.com/OneArmedImmortal)

14