Fanaticism
315 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth was truly in a bad state. Even saying that felt like an understatement. It was almost beyond repair even if it were given time to self-heal. 

Only a miracle could save it. I didn't have to save it but there was something at the back of my mind that made me want to do it nonetheless. 

Seeing the suffering of mortals and their cries for a divine intervention to salvage them from their dire situations, rekindled that hidden feeling from my past. 

I had always secretly wanted to see the world burn before my eyes. I was once one of them but currently, I am different. 

I was not a human. I was a monster. 

The mortal world was burning and strife with suffering yet the current me didn't feel anything. My past feelings had slowly died down after evolving and living through multiple decades. 

“Oh God who hath in heaven please save us!” 

“We are dying, please save us from this apocalypse!”

“I know I have far too many sins, please forgive me. I will offer myself to you from now on!”

“I have always been a believer but why? W-Why am I d-dying *cough*?!” 

“Let's pray to the one who saved us from complete annihilation!” 

“How are we supposed to pray to a monster? A demon! Isn't that blasphemous?!” 

“The times call for a different approach! Any being that will save us is akin to our new god!” 

“I-I will only depend on myself!”

“Tsk, see how you depend on yourself when lightning strikes you or when you unluckily fall into a sinkhole!” 

“H-Hey! L-l-look at the sky!” 

“What? H-Holy…!”

“T-That's the monster that saved us!” 

“You idiotic fucker! He isn't the one that saved us. He is the one behind the spontaneous natural disasters!” 

“Very true! That thing is no savior but a spawn of the devil” 

“It's even crueler than the Kaijus!”

“Y-You guys! If it were not for luck then…would you still be alive?” 

“...” 

“Mama, look at the big black wolf that can fly!” 

“Baby, don't look at it!” 

I could hear everything. My hearing range was currently not only limited to the ruined city but beyond that. 

‘Humans will always be humans,’ I thought before howling to announce my arrival. 

The howl itself didn't sound like a normal wolf’s howl. It was more ominous and fear-inducing. 

It immediately caused everyone to cower and kneel before me. 

I didn't force them. It was out of their own volition. It felt natural for them to kneel and cower in the face of a great evil. 

I was a being that they couldn't understand since I was lodged in between being majestic and horrific. I was simply incomprehensible. 

“Anyway, it remains true that I won't need to explain myself to anyone.” 

I was honestly surprised that I wasn't angry or feeling hateful toward hatred toward their whines and ramblings. 

Was I becoming tolerant and accommodating? Or did I feel that it was above me to care about their feelings and opinions? 

‘Damn, I am becoming soft.’ And I hated faith. I realized I didn't need it. It had slowly begun to repulse me. 

Faith energy, I didn't need it. It may sound stupid but I understood why I couldn't actively use it to empower myself. 

The nerf was both reasonable and unreasonable but due to my potential, I turned a blind eye to it. 

‘Now I better return all your investments to you!’ 

A splendorous golden halo began forming and pulsing around me like a beacon of salvation. 

Two pairs of golden angelic wings made out of faith energy jutted out of the thin air and remained suspended mere inches away from my shoulder blades. 

A ring of light appeared atop my head. 

What the hell was wrong with this flashy transformation?! 

I was no angel or seraph. I bet I looked like a troll. Whatever. 

“I am…” I began to loudly talk much to the shock of those who could see me and those who remained oblivious to the voice bearer. All in all, my voice was carried by a golden light that pulsed like a wave to all the regions of the world. 

“...Your Miracle!” 

The world seemed to have come to a temporal standstill. Everything looked grayed out. 

Little by little, all the gray in the world was absorbed by me before a blinding golden pillar arose from my body and hit the dome of the blue sky from where it spread to the ends of the earth. 

The dead were forever dead and not resurrected. It was irreversible. But the land - the earth - didn't remain dead forever. It could be salvaged. Redeemed. Humans were not entitled to such blessings and even with faith energy, I couldn't bring back the dead to the world of the living. 

Gradually, the severe fissures began to heal, the volcanos were rendered dormant, and, the seas and oceans calmed down from their state of unrest.

A diversity of flora began to grow everywhere on land, even the Atacama desert - the driest place on earth - received nourishment and wasn't exempted from the light of blessings. 

Nature was being defied. Remodeled. 

Earth was experiencing a complete makeover. It was like a modern Eden. 

Even if one was a nonbeliever of the supernatural, the changes happening all over the world convinced them otherwise. 

The hand of the divine was at work. 

Those cultists felt even crazier and sure that the one they abided in was truly…their miracle. This only served to amplify the speed of the earth’s reconstruction. 

How were they supposed to react to the scene of small stones going in reverse and returning the landscape to its initial state?! (Since I am Xianxia stan, imagine it as Landscape as Before Gu Effects or Eri’s Rewind)

You were only forced to be believers and be in awe! 

After a few minutes, everything was in order all around the world except for astonished humans. 

“W-What's happening?”

“We are saved!” 

“An angel!”

“Our cries have been listened to!” 

“Our lamentations haven't gone in vain!” 

“I believe!” 

I remained expressionless to the voices of people all around the world. 

The cultist fanatics of the religion about me crazily tried to call out to me. For me to descend and grace them with my presence. 

They were effing performing a bloody ritual! 

I didn't want to give them any time of my day. 

Gosh, I have empires to build, conquer, and destroy! 

I wouldn't lose out on anything If I don't accommodate their insane shenanigans. 

I wanted to leave that place ASAP since I had prolonged my stay in the Pacific Rim Universe.

Or maybe I should see for myself the person who orchestrated the beginning of the cult religion. 

Just once would be enough before I yeet myself into another reality. 

***

I am BACK.

10