Chapter 3: Royal Imperial Academy
360 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence.

An eerie and heavy silence that makes you want to make kind of sound, no matter how small it is to break it.

That's the best way I can describe my current situation.

I am surrounded by teenage cadets, and yet not one of them has spoken a single word since the shuttle we are on took off from Chandrila. Instead all they've been doing is observing each other. Though a few are asleep it doesn't ease the tension in the air at all.

This is not normal teenage behavior. Even if we are in a galaxy far far away.

I assumed my fellow cadets would only be this wary and standoffish with each other after we started our training at the Royal Imperial Academy. But it looks my my assumptions were wrong. I don't know if I should be happy or terrified by this development. Though honestly I am leaning more towards the latter. Since once again, beside me and my unique circumstances most teenagers don't act like this.

Deciding to try and ignore the silence I closed my eyes and attempted to get some sleep.

Which I was successful at.

A bit later I was woken from my slumber by the voice of the senior lieutenant I met earlier when I boarded the shuttle.

"Attention cadets. Prepare for de-boarding. We have reached our final destination." He said. Definitely using some sort of PA system since I can hear his voice loud and clearly all around me.

Opening my eyes I used my left hand to stifle a yawn. I then checked my duffle to make sure no one messed with my belongings while I was asleep. Since from the way my fellow cadets have been acting so far I wouldn't put anything past any of them.

Seeing that all my belongings were still in my duffle I breathed a sigh of relief.

Just as I did so the hatch of the shuttle began opening and the landing ramp started descending. When both were fully finished I removed the safety harness keeping me secured into my seat and then stood to my feet. As did my fellow cadets. Some of my future classmates stretching after they did so. But all of them immediately stopped when the senior lieutenant walked through the door leading further into the shuttle.

As he walked between the two lines of us cadets he glanced at several of us. Yet no words came out of his mouth.

Eventually the senior lieutenant reached the end of our two lines and then turned to face all of us cadets. "Cadets you will follow me. Anyone caught wandering off will immediately be sent back home. Any questions?"

No one spoke good.

"Good. Follow me." The senior lieutenant said.

He then turned back around and proceeded to de-board the shuttle. Us cadets following him just as he instructed. Staying in two single file line formations as we did so.

While following the senior lieutenant and my fellow cadets I looked around the area the moment I was off the shuttle. Feeling mystified as I did so. Since looking at Coruscant with my own eyes is completely different from seeing it on a screen. I don't really have any words to describe it.

I continued looking around the area, until I noticed we had reached our destination.

The Royal Imperial Academy.

My home for the next three years. Until I graduate and obtain an officer commission within the Imperial Military. Specifically the Imperial Navy, because that is the branch I applied for when sending in my application for the Royal Academy. Since I was in the navy in my previous life I don't see a reason not to join it in this one.

Plus the navy's of the Star Wars Universe are in outer space.

Just thinking about sailing across the stars and traveling the vast galaxy gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside.

Not to mention I hope to one day obtain the rank of Grand Admiral. Because what's life without goals? Boring, that's what. I refuse to live a boring life.

That's why I decided to become a Grand Admiral shortly after I reincarnated here.

'Just you wait white uniform. One day you will be mine.' I thought.

Eventually the senior lieutenant and my group of cadets reached the entrance of the Academy.

The moment we did so a mocha-skinned female commander came to stand in front of my group of cadets. While the senior lieutenant gave her a salute and then simply walked off.

"Greetings cadets. My name is Leene Finnall. From you will address me as commander or mam. Is that clear?" She spoke.

"Yes mam." A few of us said. While others simply just nodded their heads.

"Sorry. Maybe I didn't say it loud enough before. I said you will address me as commander or mam! Is that clear cadets?!" She shouted at us.

"Yes!" All the cadets shouted this time.

"Good." Commander Finnall spoke. Nodding her head after she did so. "Now that that's out of the way. Follow me." She said.

Leene then headed into the academy itself. My group of cadets following right behind her.

Once we passed into the entrance hall the commander walked right into the middle of it and came to a complete us. We cadets mirroring her actions. A moment after she stopped commander Finnall turned to face us.

"Welcome to the Royal Imperial Academy cadets. I want you all to take a good long look at where you are. Since for most of you this will likely be your only chance to do so." Commander Finnall told us bluntly.

"Mam, what does that mean?" A male cadet asked.

As he did so Commander Finnall simply gave him a pitying look in response. Before putting a blank expression back on her face. "You'll find out what I mean soon enough. Moving on, you are to collect your room assignments and then report to the main assembly hall by 0200 hours for the welcoming speech which will be given by the commandant. Anyone not in attendance will be instantly dismissed from the academy. That is all. Dismissed."

Commander Finnall then walked off after that.

Once she did so I seperated from my fellow cadets and headed up to one of the many reception desks and requested my room assignment. Which I got easily. Along with an academy datapad for personal use while I attend the school. I also got a student-designated number.

CD-669.

Accepting all this in stride I then headed to the dorms and easily found my room.

Entering it I saw three beds spread out amongst a large area. Situated next to each of them a desk with a chair and a small door that most likely opens up into a personal closet. I also noticed another door which likely leads to a personal bathroom.

But more than that I noticed one of the beds in the room has already been claimed.

The figure laying on the bed located in the far-right of the room sat up as soon as I entered. When he did so I noticed he is a boy my age with messy jet-black hair and dark-blue eyes. He also has a handsome face.

And I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit that.

"Hey." He said to me.

"Hello there." I said. Not being able to such a famous line. "The name is Diluc Ragnvindr. Nice to meet you."

Likewise." He replied. "I'm Jace Wilkstrom by the way. Looks like we're going to be roommates."

"Yep, looks like it." I replied.

I then moved over to the bed situated on the far left corner and placed my duffle upon it. Along with the datapad I received from the school. I then opened the door next to my bed and confirmed my suspicion it was a closet. Which currently contains three academy uniforms. All of which are definitely already tailored for my exact height and body-size. Since those were questions the application to the academy asked.

That application was extremely thorough.

Nodding I stepped away from the closet.

I then quickly put what little belongings I had away before heading in the direction of the door.

"Mind if I ask where you're going?" Jace spoke.

"Not at all." I replied. "Since the welcoming speech by the commandant won't start for a little while longer I've decided to check out the academy campus a bit." I explained.

"Mind if I tag along?" Jace asked.

"Not at all." I replied.

He then gave me a curt nod in response.

Once this happened Jace stood up and then walked over to me.

The two of us then left our room, ready to explore the Royal Imperial Academy and learn exactly some of the things it would be offering us over our next three years attending it.

***

A/N Another chapter completed my friends.

Now then to be clear I will be adding many OC characters to this story. Some will be just one and done. While others will be very integral to the story itself. To determine which characters are which you will have to continue reading to find out. Not to mention since the MC will be an Imperial he needs allies and comrades to make his dreams a reality. That's where the OC's come in.

Until next time.

10