Chapter 4: The Commandants Address
880 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Jace and I gave ourselves a little self-tour of the academy grounds and its various facilities we made small talk and got to know each other a little better.

In doing so I learned that he was born and raised on the Outer Rim planet of Taris. Where he grew up learning out to repair Swoop Bikes as well as race them from his mother. A retired Judicial Forces pilot from the pre-imperial days of the galaxy.

"Interesting." I said. After Jace finished speaking. "So, why did you decided to attend the Imperial Academy if you don't mind me asking?"

"Growing up I heard tons of stories from my mother how great it was to fly and be a pilot. And after she took me flying enough times I developed a passion for it. So here I am." Jace explained.

"I see. So you want to be a pilot?" I asked.

Jace nodded. "That's right. What about you Diluc? What are your goals?"

"Oh a bit of this and a bit of that." I responded. Giving Jace a mysterious smile as I did so.

"Fine, keep your secrets. But I'll get the truth from you eventually." Jace said. Returning my smile with one of his own.

"Challenge accepted." I replied.

The two of us then shared a small laugh.

We continued touring the academy grounds until we noticed a chronometer along one of the walls displaying the time 1:45. Seeing this we started making our way to the main assembly hall for the commandants welcome speech.

The two of us aren't trying to get kicked out during our first day at the academy after all.

***

Jace and I arrived at the main assembly hall with five minutes to spare.

Heading inside we saw hundreds of other cadets seated already, awaiting for the speech to begin.

The two of us started looking for our own seats. But we couldn't find any in the front rows of the middle rows, so in the end we headed to the back rows. Arriving we saw several open seats and claimed two of them for ourselves.

Then a moment after we did so we heard a feminine voice speak to us.

"Excuse me. Can we get by, my friend and I would like to take those seats next to you two." The female voice spoke.

Turing our heads in the direction of the voice Jace and I found ourselves staring at two girls our age, who are beautiful. There is no other way to describe them.

The first girl has long jet-black hair with a hime-cut over her eyes, which are a dark hot-pink. She has pure clear unblemished skin and curves in all the right places. She also looks Aisan. Even though there is no such ethnicity in this universe. 

The first girl is also wearing a smile, and yet despite this I feel a dangerous air around her.

As for the second girl she has sky-blue hair secured in a ponytail resting on her left shoulder and crimson-red eyes just like me. Just like the first girl she has unblemished skin, but her chest is larger. Of that I am sure.

Since I snuck a quick peak at both girls chest's.

A fact I am not ashamed to admit.

Moving on.

Unlike the first girl the second girl doesn't have a smile on her face. In fact her facial expression right now almost looks like a frown. Yet even so I don't think she is angry at all.

Jace and I were left in a stupor for a moment.

But we quickly came out of it.

Once we did so we stood up and let the two girls get by us and take two seats for themselves. After they did we sat back down.

Immediately after we did so I saw Jace put a charming smile on his face and turn his attention to the two girls.

Well I suspected he was a bit of a playboy from the moment I met him, but this all but confirms it. Not that I really care overall. I just don't want Jace habits to interfere with my time here at the academy in any way. Since I am a man on a mission.

A mission that can't afford any big interruptions.

"Nice to meet you both. The name is Jace Wilkstrom." Jace spoke. He then pointed to me. "And this here is my newest associate Diluc Ragnvindr. So, since we introduced ourselves I was wondering if you two ladies might do us the courtesy of letting us know your names?"

'Yep, a playboy.' I thought.

The first girl lightly chuckled at Jace's words. While the second girl simply shot him a blank expression.

"Well if you're going to be that gentlemanly I suppose we can give you our names." The first girl spoke.

"Speak for yourself." The second girl said.

"You'll have to forgive my friend. She's not the most sociable." The first girl said.

"We're not friends." The second girl retorted. She then looked at Jace and I. "I just met this annoying girl today. She's one of my roommates. But we're not friends."

"Yet." The first girl spoke.

"Whatever." The second girl replied.

After she did so the first girl lightly chuckled, which made the second girl click her tongue.

Jace and I shared a look at put wry smiles on our faces at their actions. Since although the second girl says she and the first girl are not friends they seem to be acting in a manner only friends would at the moment.

Is the second girl perhaps a tsundere like in Japanese manga or anime?

By the way I was also a fan of anime and manga in my previous life.

When the two girls noticed us staring at them they looked at us.

"Right, let's introduce ourselves. My name is Mana Maden. A pleasure." The first girl said.

"Ariella York." The second girl spoke up. "Good to meet you."

"Likewise." I replied to them both.

"Yes, very nice to meet you both." Jace said.

Then right after he did so the lights in the assembly hall dimmed and a giant holographic projection of the commandant of the Royal Imperial Academy, Deenlark appeared on the stage located at the center of the hall.

When this happened all noise in the assembly hall ceased and all cadets faced in the direction of the commandant.

"Greetings cadets. You have all been given the great honor of being accepted into Royal Imperial Academy class 4,031. But just because you have been accepted to this prestigious institution do not let it go to your heads. For over the next three years while you are attending this academy you will be tested. You will be pushed to your limits and beyond. You will reach your breaking point. You will be broken down until there is nothing left of your old self and reborn anew. As an officer within this great Imperial Military of ours. An institution that does not serve individual planet's or people but instead the interest of the Empire as a whole. Remember this for it is a lesson that will serve you all well. Whether you make it through the academies training or not. For the Imperial Military only accepts the best of the best into its ranks. Those who do not make the cut will be cut. It is as simple as that. Now then class 4,031 I hope you can show me why you were all selected to be here. For I will always be watching. Glory to the empire!" Deenlark spoke.

His hologram then blinked out of existence and the lights in the assembly hall returned to their normal intensity.

The entire assembly hall dead silent as this happened.

Well, that is certainly the most interesting way I've ever kicked off a school year.

I also hope it will be my last.

But my gut is telling me that was just the first in a long line of fastballs the Imperial Academy is going to throw at us.

Which means I need to prepare myself to catch them all.

Otherwise I'm going to get hit hard.

School is now officially in session.

 

 

 

11