Chapter 7
1.3k 18 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After his he got his first Soul Ring Dios happily settled into a monotonous lifestyle. He would train day after day, and then at the end of the week he would spend time with either the students or Cynthia. One month out of the year Cynthia would carry him back to the mountain where his Mom's altar was. He would then spend a week there with his aunt and uncles celebrating his birthday. 

It was like that, that six years went by. It was on a certain day six years later when he was doing the same thing as usual. It was on that day that he finally had some deviance in his schedule. 


In the middle of the dojo one could find Dios doing push-ups. He had his clothes set to weigh the maximum weight he could handle. He didn't have any sweat pooled under him, but he did have what looked like icicles on his skin. That was because he had the temperature in the room set at around 20 degrees.  Right when he was about to wrap up a set Cynthia walked into the dojo.

" Alright big man wrap it up and and then meet me in Flender's office. Me and the teachers need to discuss something with you and the other students. "

" Sure aunty, give me ten minutes and I'll be there. "

Over the years Cynthia and Dios had grown much closer. They were both attracted to each other and the romantic tension between them was quite thick. They hadn't beyond casually holding hands and teasing each other. Prolonged contact, " accidental flashes ", provocative clothing. Despite all of that the two hadn't taken the final steps.

On top of all that there had been quite a bit of development on the strength front for not only Dios, but the other students as well. 

Augustus and Alexandra as a result of their special didn't get any special moves, but their usefulness in battle probably doubled or tripled. Their spirit allowed them to create a domain that buffed and nerfed their enemies. They got a new domain for each soul ring, and each domain could be stacked combining with the effect of the previous domain. Augustus focused all of his domains on attacked meaning he could buff the attack power of his allies immensely. Alexandra focused her domains on speed/ agility and healing, and while her buffs weren't as extreme as her brother's they were definitely powerful. Even though the two were only rank 23 and 24 Spirit Grandmasters, they had the effectiveness of rank 30+  auxiliary souls. 

Camilla was surprisingly talented, even compared to the main cast of Douluo Dalu. She not only had an extremely powerful Soul, but she had very quick personal cultivation. She had reached rank 29 and it was only a matter of time before she reached rank 30 and became a Spirit Elder. Camilla's second Soul Ring actually caused a mutation in her Soul. Her spirit was originally a regular man-sized sword. However after she killed a near 1,000 year old Fire Knight her claymore mutated into a Flaming Claymore of Legends. So her regular claymore transformed into a flaming one which massively increased her already high attack. On top of that she also gained a new Soul Ring ability. That ability is called, Flaming Strike. Camilla could swing her claymore a blade of fire would fly in that direction. It was an extremely versatile and powerful ability and was very handy in battle. 

The one with the most growth was, of course, Dios. Naturally he had experienced great physical growth not only because of his deadly training routine, but also because of his natural growth rate. His body had reached a massive height of nine feet tall. And he looked like an elephant in human form. He had bulging muscles that despite being unnaturally large, they didn't look malformed or disgusting. He also had a handsome layer of fat that made him the target of many women's affection. 

On top of all that Dios had great growth in his cultivation. He was only a Rank 30 Spirit Grandmaster, but he probably could of reached Rank 40 Spirit Elder. Once again his only problem was trying to find another Spirit Ring. This meant that he was unable to increase his cultivation rank. 

( I know I didn't mention Dios's second Soul Ring, but there is a reason for that. I can't decided on what I want it to be. I have two ideas which are: Atlas's Spear and Four Armed Titan. Atlas's Spear was a long ranged skill that will allow Dios to summon a spear that he can throw at the enemy. The spear can pierce through anything, the only problem is that spear can't be manipulated in the air by the thrower, and it is quite easy to dodge or parry. The Four Armed Titan skill will allow Dios to grow to extra arms that function exactly the same as normal arms. It can be kept up constantly and can even have its own Spirit Arms. Leave your vote in the comments. Personally I'm leaning towards Four Armed Titan. )

Apart from all of that Dios had increased his battle strength through a special method. He had captured his first " Pokemon ". Despite not being able to find a suitable Soul Ring Dios had found a good Soul Ring to capture. The beast was clearly of divine descent specifically it had two diving ancestors. The ancestors were a World Turtle, one of the most powerful turtle species to have ever existed. The other ancestor was a Battle God Fighter. The Battle God Fighter race was quite the unique race that was extremely closely related to Titan's in that they were humanoid beasts that were basically stronger versions of humans. The only reason that Dios's self named World Fighter Turtle wasn't suitable as a Soul Ring was because the thing possessed more dominant Genes from its turtle ancestor than its humanoid ancestor. 

While Dios was thinking of such thoughts he had finished his shower, dressed, and reached Flender's office. Flender spoke. 

" Kids, the reason we have summoned you here today is to discuss another level in your training. We, the teachers and I, are going to be taking you to Suo Tuo city to compete in the Great Spirit Arena. "

The other kids knew what the Great Spirit Arena were, but they were still surprised. Dios was probably the only one who wasn't surprised because he had actually visited the GSA a few different times one his travels with Cynthia. 

" We are going to be leaving tomorrow do make sure you complete all of your preparations. "

" Yes sir! "

After all the kids gave a soldier like salute they exited the office. Augustus and Alexandra went to their shared dorm room while Camilla went to her own house. The house was actually situated somewhere in between the city and the academy. Dios instead of going to Cynthia's house went towards the city. 

Dios naturally had a goal in going to the city. Dios walked quickly and evenly to the the section of the city for visiting merchants. Once a week on Saturday the city would have an influx of merchants. Dios once a week would visit the city to shop from these merchants, especially one in particular. 

It took around ten minutes for the abnormally large Dios to reach an odd looking merchant stand. The stand was painted green and had a large seed on the top of it. There was also a sign on the front of the stand that read.

Shady Seed's "

Shady Seeds was where Dios bought most of the plant seeds for his garden. When Dios reached the store it's window opened and revealed a friendly looking chubby guy. 

" Ahh, Dios my friend. Are you here to check my supply again? "

" I am indeed Salazar. Now, shall we get to business or would you like to discuss some more? "

" Haha, such a rusher you are my friend. Come come, I shall show you the good stuff. "

Salazar then lead Dios to a hidden box on the back of his stand. He then opened the box to reveal twenty or so little cloth bags. Salazar grabbed a few of the bags and opened them. 

" Here you are, these are some of finest new supply. I can assure that you've never seen any of these seeds before. "

Dios didn't give the seeds more than a glance before saying. 

" How much for them? "

" Hmm, for you my friend only 3,000 dollars. " ( I don't know the currency in Douluo Dalu, so I'm using USD. )

" . . . Throw in that bag of Solar Sun Flower seeds and you got yourself a deal. "

" Sure sure my friend. Pleasure doing business with you. "

Dios didn't give a response, instead leaving to another merchant stand. This one, had a bunch of small animals in cages. After a quick once over Dios left the store since he didn't find anything interesting. 

Dios walked around the various merchant stands checking the merchandise. It was only when he didn't find anything special that he left back to Cynthia's house. 

It took ten or so minutes for him to get back to the house and when he did he found Cynthia packing some bags. 

" Why are you packing bags? You know I can just carry everything in my space ring. "

" Yeah, but the others don't know that. I'm just going to carry my travel clothes while you carry out comfort clothes and books. "

" Oh, alright. "

Cynthia just chuckled and shook her head at Dios's silliness. 

" You would have been found out years ago if it wasn't for me. "

" I'd still be living in the forest if it wasn't for you. . . . Not that I'm complaining I love living here with you. "

" Aww, does nephew love his aunty. "

" Yep. Living with you has been some of the best experiences in both of my lives. "

Cynthia grinned and walked sultrily towards Dios. 

" Then how about I make it better? "

Before Dios could respond Cynthia grabbed his cheeks and then gave him a passionate kiss. 

After a moment or two of surprise Dios reciprocated her kiss. Opening his mouth slightly and allowing her tongue to intertwine with his own. Truthfully his tongue was so thick compared to hers that Cynthia felt like she was eating some chicken breast. But a woman experiencing her first kiss wouldn't let something like that stop her enjoyment. Instead, Cynthia pressed her body against Dios's. Dios wrapped his massive arms around Cynthia's back and waist, it was like the two were trying to fuse together.

After a few minutes the two separated their mouths, though they kept their bodies pressed together. The simple Dios could only say.

" Wow. "

Cynthia grinned seductively. Though inside she was also unable to think of anything other than their kiss. 

" You definitely made it better. "

" Hehe. " 

The two stayed like that for a few moments before awkwardly separating. 

" Anyway, umm, I'm uhh, I'm going to go to bed. Need to get some rest before our traveling tomorrow. "

" Yeah, yeah you do that aunty. "

" Call me Cynthia from now on. "

" Yeah. So, umm, are we dating from now on? "

" Definitely, though we should take it slow for now. Still sleeping in separate rooms for now, stuff like that. "

" I agree, I don't want you to feel rushed. We can keep it slow. "

After that both of them went to their separate rooms, both of them unable to think of anything other than each other. 

Fortunately for Dios he had a month to get his thoughts sorted. Though that also meant a month of not seeing his beautiful girlfriend. 

10