Chapter 4
2k 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took over a month for Cynthia and Dios to reach the exit of the forest. Considering they were moving at a steady pace of ten miles per hour, walked for 16 hours a day, and were walking a straight path from the center of the forest, one could tell the forest was absolutely massive. 

It took four times as long to reach the academy where Cynthia taught. It was halfway through the journey that Dios realized he would probably need to be carried in order to make it to his birthday. But the journey wasn't any fun or games as one would expect of a journey alone with a pretty girl. Instead it was the complete opposite.

Cynthia had forced Dios to increase the weight of his training clothes. 

Dios had told his adopted family about his wishes within the first month of being born. He figured it'd be easier than explaining where he magically got magical clothes that can change their size, weight, and appearance, where he got a ring with an infinite amount of space, where he got a personalized cultivation, and all his other unexplainable wishes.

His family had of course abused the hell out of some of his gifts, they made him carry all of their treasures and foods. They also made him play around with his clothes. Dios could turn his clothes into any type of clothing including metal armor, but it had certain limit to it's protection. Basically his Aunty would make him turn into a mop and wash her back, which was extremely comfortable for her, Hanuman would make him make a back scratcher, and Ocko would make him brush his scales. They had also made him bring them into his Soul Space where they found rare plants and made some new friends.

Since they were all monsters they were allowed inside of his Soul Space. Cynthia was allowed inside the space once a month, apparently since she was a hundred thousand year old beast she turned human she got certain benefits that humans did not have. Why Johann set the rules like that Dios didn't know nor did he really care.

During the five month journey Dios hadn't been able to find a worthy martial soul. Cynthia had enforced a few rules on what kind of soul Dios was allowed to absorb. The soul had to belong to a physical attack type monster. The monster had to be of some special type of lineage, so dragon, pheonix, or some other God species. Monsters of such lineage are usually pretty easy to tell because they'll often have some unique aura or feature. 

An example would be that all monsters of Pheonix lineage are all female birds, have flames surrounding their body, and they all live in trees. They also have an aura unique to their species. 

The last suggestion/ rule was that the monster had to be a humanoid type monster. Cynthia realized how strict her rules were so she allowed Dios one corner to cut. If he couldn't find a humanoid monster that fit the other requirements, then he was allowed to use an evolved non-humanoid monster. Such monsters were usually more powerful than their normal counterparts, they also usually gave stronger or completely different soul abilities. There was once two brothers, the first brother killed and gained the soul ring of a certain bear type beast that allowed him to summon a bear like entity to fight for him. The other brother gained the soul ring of a mutated bear of the same species, the second brother's summon was so much stronger than the first brother's that he could fight the first brother despite being ten cultivation level behind.

" You know aunty, such requirements are basically impossible. I mean hell they are impossible if it wasn't for the fact that I have my soul space."

" Yeah, maybe, but no nephew of mine is going to settle for some B-Class soul ring. "

" You sound like a wife who wants to show off her husband. "

" Aww! Is that your way of proposing? "

" Hehe, not unless you want me to aunty? Do you, I'd happily marry you. "

" Not yet little man, maybe in the future. "

Unfortunately for Dios he had to spend five months with a beautiful woman, who loved teasing him, and was almost perfectly his type. Another unfortunate thing for Dios was that he was coming up on thirty years in soul age while still being a virgin meaning he was soon enough going to be a wizard1 It's a common joke on the internet that a man who is still a virgin by the time he reaches thirty he is a wizard. Look it up if you're curious. . When he brought up and explained the situation to his aunt she didn't stop laughing and giggling for fifteen minutes. 

After that Cynthia upped the teasing on Dios 11-fold. He honestly didn't know what to do, physically he was capable of masturbation, but he rarely had the time to do so plus he would of felt odd jacking off about someone so close to him. 

" Get your head out of the gutter nephew, we're here. "

Dios went wide eyed and thought. ' How did she know? '

After he got over his surprise though Dios decided to check out the school, and he got surprised once again. Not by the raggedy, run down look of the school, or the fact the school was so poor looking. No he was surprised about the sign mentioning the name of the school. The sign read. 

[ Shrek Academy ] 

Once he read the sign Dios proceeded to have a complete fanboy moment. He did a high pitched squeal of excitement while jumping up and down. 

" OH MY GOD YOU TEACH AT SHREK ACADEMY‽ "

Cynthia just smiled slightly before putting her hand on her nephew's head. Her being so strong meant that the poor tiny-by-titan's-standards stopped dead. 

" Why are you freaking out Dios? "

" Alright, so, in my past life I was a fan of a story called Douluo Dalu. " Dios explained the entire situation about the Douluo Dalu novels, how he was an avid reader of them, some of the big plot points he could remember, that sort of stuff. 

" Wait . . . Are you telling me our continent was recorded into a story format in a new universe? "

" Somewhat, the story itself was for purely entertainment purposes. The story didn't mention any of you guys, it did however mention this academy. Matter of fact it was a crucial part of the story with the main cast coming here. You weren't mentioned however so I know that the story isn't like a complete guide to my new world. Soul Hall was still a douche in the story though. "

" Hehe, how unsurprising. That's crazy though I mean for our entire world to be loosely recorded. I mean even if it wasn't super detailed there are still certain advantages that you have. "

" Yep, though I can't remember much that'll give us an immediate advantage. "

" Damn, that sucks. ' Sigh ' Then let's get in there I guess, Flander's gonna be pissed that I haven't taught in so long. "

" What is it that you teach exactly? "

" I teach monster species and habits, how to identify them, their weaknesses. Stuff like that. "

" Alright, pretty neat. "

Dios followed into a slightly less rundown building. Inside was a middle aged man with chin length black hair, he had pale skin, and was a tad on the chubby side. He was wearing a long plain green and brown robe, while over his eyes were some gold rimmed glasses. 

" Ah Cynthia, how nice to see you again."

" Hey Dean, how you doing? "

Cynthia, despite knowing she could beat Flander in a fight still sounded slightly nervous, after all the man could chew a person out for hours over a little slip up. 

" Oh you know, about as good as I can be when one of my best teachers leaves and doesn't come back for six months. " ( One month extra because she needed to make the trip there. )

" Sorry about that boss, I was bringing my nephew back to study and that took five months. He's really slow. "

Flander looked kind of nervous when he heard that. He then walked up Cynthia and whispered into her ear. 

Slow as in mentally oorrr? . . . "

" No! I mean he's a slow walker! That's why it took us forever. "

" Oh my bad. "

" What'd you think she meant? "

" Nothin' nothin'! So why'd you decide to bring your nephew to the school? "

" Well I felt it was time to start training him, and I figured what better than a school for monsters. "

" Heh, fine, I assume he meets the requirements to join the school? "

" Not quite, but he'd be well on his way if it wasn't for the fact that I am being so picky with his soul ring. "

Dean Flander smiled and then said. 

" Then welcome to Shrek Academy young man. "

Dios simply smiled. 

 


Sorry about the super short chapter today guys. I have despite being in the mood for writing, not been able to concentrate on writing. 

17