Chapter 22 Offer.
268 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin and Irena wait in the living room standing. It's pretty spacious with no other decoration inside, only a three seater sofa and a long wooden chair in front of it. While waiting Jin checks his status and tries his new abilities.

[Jade eyes activated]

His vision changes into a brilliant myriad of colors. He didn’t only see the usual reality he sees every day. He also saw a stream formed from mana, flowing like a river in the atmosphere. It spread all over the place, and it was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen since coming to this world. He checks his vision on Irena only to find two things wrapped around her body. One of them is a brilliant Mana and as for the other, there is a white aura covering her whole body. He didn’t know what that thing was, but he can conclude that “This skill is indeed awesome”. Jin cheered inside his heart.

After a while, Nina and her mother appear. Nina grabbed her mother's left hand as if she was guiding her carefully. 

“Big brother, thank you very much for curing my mama”.

“Me too, I don’t think that I can cure this easily after meeting an unknown boy for the first time yesterday”.

Nina and her mother bowed their head expressing their gratitude from their inner hearts. Jin waves his hand.

“No need, I am glad I can keep my promise to you”.

Nina's mother raised her head and cast her gaze toward Jin, wide eyes, amused and admiration clearly showed on her face. “It is rare to find such a guy who is as straightforward as him”. Nina's mother smiled.

“Ah, please sit here”.

Nina's mother and Nina lead Jin and Irena to sit on the dining chair and start to tell them what is happening.

“Nina, can you prepare our guest some tea?”.

“Okay, mama”.

“If it's tea let me”.

Before Irena could stand up her hand was grabbed by Jin and she also noticed that Nina's mother was staring at her. She realized that the situation was dire so she chose to sit back and let Nina do the work.

“It's okay Miss Irena I will do my best to entertain the guest”,

“Fufu, I am looking forward to it”.

Nina goes to the kitchen behind her. 

“I should start introducing myself first. My name is Iris and I am truly thankful for what you have done for us”.

Once again Iris bowed her head.

“Please raise your head. I already received enough of your gratitude. So let me introduce myself. My name is Jin Midnight, the third son of the Midnight family that governs this frontier city. Pleased to meet you.

“My name is Irena, and I am a head maid working under Baron Midnight. Pleased to meet you”.  

“Ah, where are my manners? Pleased to meet you too”.

Iris bowed her head once more before it stopped by Jin.

“Okay stop. There are no more bowing heads. It bothersome not just for me but for you too as well”. 

“.. Okay, if that is what you wish”.

Nina's mother nodded her head and agreed to stop the bowing thing before they continued their conversation.

“Okay where should I start? But please what I will tell you now is a secret even to my daughter, so don’t let her know this”.

Jin and Irena saw a stern expression on Iris' face and nodded their heads. Iris also nodded her head and began her story.

“It was..”.

Short stories sorted, she met a mysterious man months ago only to find he had a hidden agenda behind his back. Poisoned her and before he disappeared without any trace. The man left a message to Iris, “Hahaha, I can’t wait to watch you die slowly while suffering. After that I will take custody of your daughter. so die for me okay, hahaha”.

Iris clenched her fist and her brows also knitted. It was clear she was enraged after what he had done to her, and the fact that the man targeting her daughter made her rage boil like a volcano that could erupt anytime. The room filled with a dark feeling and no one opened their mouth to speak.

Jin squeezed his brain and tried to find a solution to the matter. Until salvation came after Nina brought the drink to the dining table.

“The tea is ready’.

The fragrant aroma of bitter black tea filled the room, and Nina's cute smile blew away the dark atmosphere. 

Jin took the cup, brought it to his mouth and took a sip. A bitter taste from the tea calms his heart. She is pretty good at this. Raised amongst nobles inside the mansion, Jin had a fair share of tea in his life.

“Miss Nina, you are pretty good at this”.

“Eh? Is that so? Hehe, Mama is the one who teaches me to do it”.

“Certainly your skill is on par with the apprentice maid in our house”.

Hearing what Irena said. Jin halted the tea from touching his lips. Then suddenly he got some idea to resolve this. He put the cup before signaling to Irena. Irena also put the cup on and brought her head closer. Jin began to explain his idea in a whisper.

“...Can we do that?”

“Well, certainly there is no problem regarding that”.

“Good”.

“The only matter is”.

Irena looked toward Nina and Jin understood her meaning. They separated before turning their attention toward Nina. 

“Nina, are you willing to work under our house?”.

Jin states his intention clearly. Nina who received this sudden invitation could only be dumbfounded, not understanding what was happening.

“What do you mean, Big Brother Jin?”.

“The truth is I am a noble son and my house is recruiting some talented individuals right now to work in our house as a maid”.

“A maid?”.

“Yes, You are a hardworking kid. Also have experience regarding work when you sold those herbs the other day. Now I am offering you a new job and probably better than your previous one”.

Nina opened her eyes wide fidgeting, then cast her gaze down. Iris, who guessed what Jin meant, looked at him in awe, thankful for what he offered to Nina. Iris as an Adventure. Know some information regarding the lord of this frontier. Their mansion is the most secure place in the territory with four former S-rank adventurers staying in place. She knew that Nina would be safer there, but she couldn’t make a choice. It all depends on her daughter. She turns her head and her gaze meets Nina.

“Mama I..”.

Iris, who was watching her daughter's eyes, widened her lips and caressed Nina's hair.

“It was your choice to make. What are you going to do Nina?”.

“Mama, I want to work in the Big Brother house, but then you will be alone here..”.

“Silly little girl. You are too early to have concern regarding me”.  

“How could I not worry? You just got cured of your illness not too long ago, you know. I know Mama is strong but you also could be a bit careless when you feel comfortable in your comfort zone”. 

“Nina please don’t talk about that in front of our guest”.

“It is the fact though”.

Iris crosses her finger on her mouth trying to close Nina's mouth, while Nina puffs her cheeks out sulking. Watching the daughter and mother duo bring a smile to Jin and Irena. 

“Okay Nina. Mama is fine so you can do whatever you want. Besides, we can still see each other later”.

Iris turned her gaze toward Jin, Jin who caught her meaning nodded his head and began to speak.

“Yes Nina, you will get a day off If you are willing, you can come home to visit your mother that day. Right Irena?”.

“Yes, certainly”.

Nina, who heard Jin and Irena's words nodded her head, and turned silent. She was struggling to choose what path she should take. She raised her head to face her mother, and Jin, before casting it down. She closed her eyes clenching her fist on her thighs and faced Jin.

“Big brother let me work in your place”. She said that while bowing her head.

Jin, who saw her determined face, nodded his head.

“Yes, we will welcome you warmly”.

“Thank you very much”.

“Then Irena, can you proceed from here? I have something to do after this”.

“Understood young master, be careful!”.

“Then Iris and Nina I will take my leave here, have a good day”.

“Yes big brother, see you next time”.

“I am grateful for what you did to me. I will remember this debt in my life”.

“You are exaggerating. Then I am leaving”.

Jin rose from his seat, bowed his head to everyone present and raised his foot leaving the place. Once he was outside he saw Arnold leaning his back to the wall crossing his arm while watching the perimeter.

“Young master. Is the matter finished”.

“Yeah, it's finished, but I have something to do. Would you mind following me around for a while, Arnold?”.

“By your will”.

“Let’s go follow me!”.

Jin strode leaving Iris's house, a frown etched on his handsome face. “Just you wait. You bastard orc”. 

8