Chapter 23 Thypon Cult.
229 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In this quiet residential area only the sound from the wind that passed a gap between buildings, and tapping sound from boots could be heard. This residential area is in the southwest where it is still lacking in population. The population of this territory is ten thousand. A lot of them are from the knight that has been sent from all over the country. To protect the kingdom from the terror of the forest of monsters.

The territory that Jin's father governs is pretty wealthy. Because of the profit from the forest of monsters. rare herbs, good quality leather, and rare material acquired from a high-level monster become this territory's best income.

Jin and Arnold are strode on the quiet residential area until their steps are stopped before a small house. This ash-grey house is the place where Orc lives. Jin took a deep breath in, to calm his boiling nerve that almost burst remembering the scene yesterday.

“Young master?”.

“I am fine”.

Arnold, who noticed Jin who was distressed, soon called but was dismissed by Jin himself.

Jin hit the door multiple times making a loud fuss in the neighborhood. Luckily the neighborhood in this place is none whatsoever. So it shouldn't bother anyone even if Jin made this ruckus. All of a sudden the door opened. They both frown, a reek of alcohol and an unpleasant scent from the sweat wafting on the air entering Jin and Arnold's nose. 

“Shut the hell up! You are late..”.

The Orc holding a bottle of beer in his hand raised his voice before shutting his mouth seeing an unfamiliar person before him. 

“Who the hell are you gu..?”.

A fist launched and hit the Orc's face until he crashed into the wall inside. 

[Physical enhancement level 3 activated]

[Mana consumed -30 per second]

[Remaining time 31 seconds]

“Ga,, hak,,”.

The orc slumps down to a sitting position with his back leaning against the wall. His nose is bent unnaturally, bleeding. Jin, who still raised his fist upward, lowered it and approached the orc. Arnold eyes wide opened witnessing a rare sight from the young master he served, it was a jaw-dropping experience. Because as far as he knew Jin never showed his emotions like this. In the house, he was a collected, and calm boy, too mature in his age. However, right now, Jin shows one of his emotions, Rage and it was terrifying. It also ignites some memories he had when they were still adventuring and he can see Ryan's shadow in Jin. Arnold chuckled, “Ryan look what your son did. He was the spitting image of your figure when you were angry back then, but only in this aspect. You are a bit lame in everything unlike your son”.

“Ah, aaaaaaaaahh it hurts. damn it,,, it hurts,,”.

Jin now stood before the orc and had a deadpan expression on his face. while still clenching his fists and activating his Physical enhancement. He crouched down to meet the orc's gaze.

“Hiiiek..”.

The orc shrieked seeing Jin's expressionless face.

“Shut up!”.

Jin raised his right fist before the orc's face and it made him tremble.

“Please spare me, I don't want to die”.

“Then, speak the truth!”.

“..What do you want to know?”.

[Physical enhancement released]

[MP: 710/1010]

“It is about the little girl you abused the other day. Who is the one who commands you to do all of that? Tell me everything”.

“The little girl? Oh, her. ..It started a few months ago when I broke and didn't have any money with me. Then suddenly a mysterious man came out of nowhere, and offered me a simple job”. The orc paused for a bit before continuing.

“He said that I should help the little girl and give this to the little girl after she finished the job I asked her to do”.

“And that job is to sell herbs”.

The orc nodded his head repeatedly and continued his story.

“The mysterious man is also the one who supplies it every morning when the sky is still dark. He would put it on the side of my bed. He also added to me. Make sure I should torment the little girl occasionally”. 

Jin's nail dug into his palm, almost injuring himself. He already heard the explanation from Iris that the man was after Nina all along, but. “Why did he do all of this complicated stuff? Should he just kill Iris and take Nina away? Is there any other reason behind it? Or is he..”.

Jin opened his mouth to try to ask the orc more questions, but the orc suddenly turned strange.

“Uaak, aaakh, aaaaaaahk..”.

The orc clutching his chest, anguish is written all over his face, and then he screams creepily before the seven orifices on his face spurt blood. 

“Young master!”.

Arnold, who alerted. Grab Jin's right hand, pulled him back and stood in front of him to protect him in case anything happened. The orc's body started to convulse and every time he did that. more blood spurted, now even his veins were visible behind the skin.

Jin's body tense. Cold sweat appears soaking his back, strength leaves his body, and his feet that support his body like a pillar turn soft. His face is whitened witnessing this horrific scene right before his eyes. 

“AAAAAAAAAAAKKKHH!”.

The orc gave his last scream before going limp, dead. His limp body was bathed in the blood that continued to flow spilt on the floor.

Jin’s inner side was churning and he raised his right hand to block his mouth from spewing something. Arnold, who thought the situation had calmed down, approached the corpse. He checks the orc's pulse before flipping the orc's body over. 

The orc's face when he died is something you shouldn’t see. Blood spurted from its seven orifices, white eyes, and jaw opened It was like he couldn’t find peace even in death. He was dead in agony.

Arnold now ripped the orc's clothes and frowned after witnessing a symbol on the orc's chest. 

“This is!”.

“What is the matter Arnold?”.

Jin who already composed himself a bit. Approached Arnold and saw a tattoo on the orc’s chest. It was a tattoo that had the appearance of the upper body of a human while the lower is that of a snake with wings on its back. 

“It's a symbol from a Typhon cult”.

“Typhon cult”.

“Yes, It was an organization created by a monster race in hiding. Spreading chaos in every country to weaken the Olympian gods' influence, and their ultimate goal is to release the seal of the evil god Thypon their god. To exact revenge by destroying Olympia”.

“I see..”. “So it was like that. The cult is probably what the protagonist will face in the future, and the place where I belong in the game”. 

Arnold took a new pouch from his current used pouch to store the corpse. 

“I need to report this to your father. Young master, let’s return home for now”.

“Okay”.

Arnold stood up and they walked out of the house. Arnold takes the lead and Jin follows him from behind.

Jin, who walked one step behind Arnold, was lost in thought. He looked toward his right hand, the hand that punched the orc's face until his nose was broken and bleeding, now trembling. He clenched it and opened it a few times but the trembling didn’t stop. “It was my first time injuring a person like that”. His back is drenched because of the cold sweat that appears remembering the case earlier. “It wasn’t easy to live in this world”. Jin muttered inside his heart. 

It seems his common sense from his former world is still etched deep in his consciousness. 

It's fantastic and fun if you read books or even play a game that has a fantasy theme on it. Some people even adore it and wish for his life to get a second chance to be reborn in the fantasy world, but it is all the same. Maybe it was much worse than the modern world. 

In this world life is just a fleeting thing like a flame from a candle. It could vanish anytime with a little puff. The danger from monsters, and uncivilized people that lack education. Makes things much worse than in Jin's previous life. Of course, not all people from this world are like that. Also, it was not like his former world didn’t contain danger in it, but again. It was the same in every world. Because as long as there was a living being that contained an intellectual living on land, there would be no peace on that land.

Jin just faces that reality now. How arrogant of him to think, to become the strongest without knowing how the world he currently lives in works. Fear and anxiety started to erode his mind. 

“What should I do from now on? Should I continue to do as usual? But, I am scared”.

“Young master!”.

“Ah! What?”.

“We arrived home”.

Jin observed his surroundings and found out that he stood in front of the gate of his father’s mansion.  

“Are you alright, young master?”.

“Yeah, I am. Let's go inside”.

“..Understood, opened the gates”.

Jin decides to push aside his worry and enter the mansion. Not knowing that his second tribulation soon approached.

8