Chapter 25 Duel.
207 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryan looks toward each of his sons, Jin ready with his stance and Victor, who takes things easy. He turned his head and faced Marina, only to see his wife fidgeting, worry on her face. He knitted his brows before sighing to calm his beating heart. 

“Okay, I will become the judge here. So listen!”.

Jin and Victor turn their attention to their Father.

“This was just sparring. So don’t use any lethal technique, or any form of magic to enhance your body. Are we clear?”.

They both nodded their heads and turned their attention toward each other again.

“Begin!”.

Ryan shouted his command, but no one had made any move.

Jin observed his opponent's stance and soon knitted his brows. “He didn’t take these things seriously”. Victor didn’t even take a proper stance, he just stood there holding his wooden sword in his right hand, he even yawned there.

“Why the long face? You didn’t want to attack?”.

(“Okay if that is what you wish”) “Here I come”.

Jin lowered his bokuto put it on his side and started running forward. Once Victor enters his range of bokuto. He swings his bokuto to the right side of his torso, but Victor sees that coming and blocks his attack with just one hand. Jin put more force on his grip trying to push him from his place.

“Hee, I am surprised you have that much strength, ..but it is still weak”. 

Victor, assuming his turn, swings his wooden sword to release our locking sword. Jin got pushed back and he saw the sneer on his brother's face. “I will make you regret it”. Victor didn't take any action just stood there and Jin gripped his bokuto brought it over his head and swung it down but it got blocked again. 

Jin continuously attacked from every angle he could muster but it was pointless. Victor just stood there blocking all Jin's attempts, as if he wanted to assert his dominance. It's pretty childish of him, but this is what he always does, ever since Jin didn’t take the same path as his Father. 

After knowing that continuing his attack only will wear him down further. Jin leaps back, creates some distance and prepares in his upper stance while pointing his bokuto down. “It's pointless, our stats are too different for me to breach him with force. My only chances are using an element of surprise, technique or..”.

[BP 2589]

A status window pooped out before his eyes. Certainly, if he spent some of his BP here to upgrade his strength or even speed he could exceed Victor, “Probably, I still doubt it”. Jin hesitated. Before he took a deep breath and shook his head sideways. “No, I want to try to see how far I can go with my current stats, so..”.

“What? Are you tired already?”.

“...”. Jin took his middle stance once more and pointed his bokuto forward. 

“Haa, it’s getting boring. I will take the initiative this time”.

Victor vanished from Jin's sight. “Fast”. He appeared before him with a smirk on his face, raised his wooden sword and swung it down.

 Jin alerted, jumped to the right side dodging the attack. Victor chases after Jin and now unleashes his next attack. A side slash aimed toward Jin's neck. Jin leaned his body backwards and Victor's wooden sword passed before his face, he positioned his stance and tried to leap back to regain some breath to think, but Victor would not let that slide. 

A barrage of torrent violent slashes keeps coming from Victor, Jin desperately trying to dodge and avoid his slash that comes in every direction. Jin's left foot slips and makes his stance crumble, Victor notices that raising his wooden sword and swinging it down with all his might. 

However, Jin already expects that thing from Victor. His slipped left foot earlier was just bait so that Victor could make a big move to finish this spar. He used his left foot as a pedestal and slid his right foot backwards avoiding Victor’s slash. Victor's wooden sword, which missed its target, struck the ground. The earth dented and made a small crater, raising all the dust all over the place and covering them both. Using this opportunity Jin used his perfect vision and thrust his bokuto toward his brother's neck.

“I won, brother”.

Victor, who felt there was a hard object touching his right neck, opened his eyes wide. Realizing the situation he was in, Victor's pupil contracted and unconsciously he activated his enhancement magic. Wrapping his whole body using mana to strengthen it. 

Jin, who realizes too late, about Victor's change, got his bokuto flying from his hand. “What?”. Then a cracking sound and a stabbing pain that came from his right ribs made him fly rolling on the ground multiple times and soon wiping out the dust that was covering them.

“Aack..”.

After rolling for about ten meters, Jin finally stopped and a scorching pain assaulted his whole body, especially his right ribs. His breathing is in disarray, gasping for oxygen that is so hard to inhale. A hoarse voice came out from his mouth who couldn’t scream. Jin's body is limp on the ground while his hands clutched his right ribs in agony.

“How dare you inferior..”

Victor walked and approached Jin with a menacing aura around his body.

“What are you doing Victor?”.

Marina, who noticed the commotion, rushed forward to Jin's side. Meanwhile, Ryan, who happens to witness all of that, has a deadpan expression on his face. The other spectator who watched from a not-too-far place also approaches, shielding Jin from Victor filled with wrath. 

Victor who witnessed all the people suddenly blocking his way sober up, and cancel his enhancement. 

“Jin, are you okay? ..Irena come here Irena please heal him.. I beg of you, please..”.

“Yes, immediately”.

Marina's desperate voice and a panicked voice from Irena made Victor realize what he had done.

“High heal”.

Irena cast the high healing skill she had on her hand. A brilliant light appeared from her hand before it seeped into Jin's body nourishing him. Jin felt something entering him easing his pain, and finally, he could regain a breath he had lost after it spilled by the punch. The excruciating pain from before really made his mental tired out. So as soon as his body healed. His eyelids closed and he drifted into a sleep.

“..”.

“Sweetheart, are you okay? ..VICTOR YOU..”.

“Victor”.

A calm voice could be heard from this tension and it even stopped the volcano that erupted from Marina.

“..Father..”.

Victor's whole body trembling, it was the first time he felt dread, like walking in a thin rope that could make him fall to the abyss.

“Go to your room”.

“..But, Fath..”.

Victor closed his open mouth seeing his Father's deadpan face. He turned his back and left the place alone without anyone accompanying him.

“Dear, what should I..”.

“It's okay honey, I will handle it. Take care of Jin”.

Ryan cast his gaze on his third son who was now sleeping while being held by his Mother. in her embrace, and Marina who was about to burst into tears at any time looking at Jin and the retreating figure of her lone son.

“What happened to you to become like that, Victor?”. Ryan thought, clenching his teeth.

8