Chapter 26 New determination.
208 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin is in his blurry consciousness state. Intense sword fighting was happening, and Jin's fighting brother Victor came to a stalemate. They continued their battle until Jin got the upper hand and tried to end the fight by raising his blade high but a sudden fist suddenly struck his face and made him gasp.

“Wah!, What?”.

His body jolted into a sitting position. Looking at his surroundings it was a familiar sight, his room. In the dim room only a single candle was the source of the light Jin realized what was happening. It seems he is unconscious after the fight with his brother Victor. He woke from his bed and stood up. Then he notices on the round table inside his room there is a basket, a kettle and a glass on the tray. He approached the table and also found one single letter on it. It says.

“If you wake up and feel hungry, eat the meal Arnold had prepared for you”.

Raised his right hand before opening the basket, and found a lot of variations of the sandwich. Jin lifts his corner mouth. “Thank you, Arnold”. He took a seat and then poured the kettle content toward the glass. A sparkling of clear water filled the transparent glass. He grabbed the glass and drowned the content in one go. He leans himself toward the chair and turns his gaze toward the window.

Jin sees a Black curtain of the night and a lone white nebula giving its radiance to those who are trying to seek a way in the dark night. His free left hand unconsciously grabbed his right ribs. The excruciating pain and the agony he felt earlier was already gone. However, although it was gone his body still remembers how wretched that is. 

Turmoil began to appear in his mind. His relaxed body suddenly tensed and trembled. clutching his right ribs. Jin cast his gaze down and slammed the glass toward the table.

“If I want to become the strongest in the world. I am sure that this whole pain is nothing compared to the journey that I will take to become one, but..”. Jin muttered. His body gushed cold sweat. It froze his warm body to the bone and made him shiver. He clenched his teeth, His sight started to blur because of the tears. “Becoming the strongest? What a load of bull. It seems I was just some idiot kid who tried to act arrogant but knew nothing about the world”. Jin muttered holding back the tears.

“.. It's..pathetic”.

The tears that he suppressed finally found its way like a broken dam. It keeps flowing on his cheek uncontrollably. Jin sobs while gritting his teeth not wanting to make any sound. He keeps expressing his powerlessness by crying. 

Jin knew that his crying was not out of sadness or fear, but out of shame and anger. Shame and anger at himself for becoming a powerless person, for becoming arrogant, for betraying his oath, and for him to have a weak mind. He clenched his right hand holding the glass until it cracked and broke injuring his palm.

“No, Stop crying. Endure it!”.

The feeling of pain and the smell of iron succeeded in regaining his senses. He took a couple of deep breaths, exhaling it before he released the hold from the broken glass and looked at it.

“Tomorrow! I will start anew. I will learn from this experience and make sure that I do not experience it the second time. This wound on my hand is the witness of it”. Jin muttered while clenching now blood-soaked hands. Closing his eyes and bringing his bloody hand touching his forehead. 

After a while, he regained his calm state. He separated the hands and washed them with the water from the kettle before tended the wound and went to sleep.

***

[Daily task]

Push up 100X complete

Sit up 100X complete

Squat 100X Complete

Pull up 100X complete

Running 2 hours Complete

[Reward: BP 1]

[BP 2959]

Jin after finishing his daily task took a deep breath to calm his racing heart. He was standing in the backyard as usual, watched by the sun who just woke up from his slumber. 

“Good work as usual, Young master”.

“Irena, thanks as always”.

Irena greeted Jin with her usual caring attitude. Her eyes still focused on a red stain on Jin's right palm, but chose to remain silent. She was the one who cleaned up the mess Jin made last night and she noticed it there. Back then there was a trace of blood on the glass. “Young master must be frustrated after what happened yesterday”. She assumed that.

“Thank you Irena. I will take my bath”.

“Yes, young master, your family are already waiting for you in the dining room”.

Jin bid his farewell and went to the bath to take a quick bath. After bathing and changing into his casual clothes. He hurried his footsteps before arriving at the dining room door. opened the door and he was greeted by the scene of his family already sitting in their respective seats.

As usual, Jin sat on the chair beside his Mother. Opposite him are his two other brothers. Victor who sparred with him yesterday, and the other one is.

“Good morning, Jin. Good work for today”.

“Good morning, Big bro”.

Jack grinned happily seeing his hard-working little brother. 

Jack Midnight is the first son of Ryan and Marina, He has a handsome face, Medium red hair tied in a ponytail behind, and gentle blue eyes. Medium build with a 175 tall, wear a white blouse, black trousers and a pair of black boots. Looking at him like this, He got the most DNA from his mother. 

Jin turned his gaze toward Victor, but the latter cast his gaze to the side ignoring the whole thing. Ryan then started the breakfast. He orders the servants to bring the food and the midnight family enjoys their breakfast in silence.

After finishing having breakfast Jin stood up and spoke to his other family.

“Father, Mother, also Big brothers. I will take my leave”.

Without waiting for anyone to respond. Jin turned his body and walked away from the dining room. He soon went toward his room to prepare his equipment. Finished putting his equipment he strode off from the house and walked on the main street. His goal is adventure guild.

It didn’t take a while for him to reach the city centre. He stood before the adventure guild and ventured inside. The inside is bustling with adventurers busy picking their quests. Jin also approached the quest board and observed the quest sheet, before his eyes stopped. 

{Kill 5 Goblin}

Time limit: None.

Reward: 5 Copper Coins/Ear

Location: In the forest.

Note: A humanoid monster has the strength of an adult despite its small height. Beware if they form a small group, proceed with caution!

Recommended party: 3 people.

Jin ignored the last remark and tore the sheet before bringing it to the counter. He waited in line and finally, his turn came up.

“Next person please, oh Adventure Jin you came today”.

“Yes. I would like to do this quest”.

Jin shows Layla the sheet. She noticed the content before opening her eyes wide. She looked over Jin and the sheet repeatedly before making sure.

“Are you going to be okay?”.

“Yes I will, and if it gets dangerous I will flee immediately”.

Layla hesitated at first before she sighed and did the paperwork.

“I certainly received it. Do you need me to show you a monster encyclopedia”.

“Yes, please”.

Seeing Jin answer vigorously made Layla smile wryly, but also worried in her heart. Then she took a thick book from under the desk and put it on the desk. She flipped a couple of pages before it stopped at a humanoid creature that had green skin and was the height of a child. Jin read the description, memorizing it, before he nodded his head and thanked Layla.

“Thank you, Miss Receptionist”.

“Layla. You can call me Miss Layla. Good luck out there Adventure Jin and Be careful".

Jin opened his eyes wide before he answered. “Okay, Mis Layla. Thanks”.

Jin spun around from the place and walked off leaving the bustling building.

7