Chapter 27 Preparation.
212 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Jin left the building before the crowd that was busy with their business. He spotted someone he knew. The other person also noticed him for she approached Jin with a radiant smile on her face,

“Miss Iris?”.

“Young master, Jin. Good morning”.

“Good morning”.

Jin observes Iris' clothes and she is wearing her adventurer gear. Iris, who looked different from usual, tied her hair into a ponytail and showed her alluring nape. 

She is wearing a green sleeveless shirt from fine leather, a brown leather to cover her bust, In her hands she is wearing gloves and a proper elbow guard for protection. For the undergarment, she is wearing white short pants, a brown leather knee shock that reaches up covering her thigh and a pair of brown boots. Her appearance is making Jin's eyes glued to her. Not showing any sign of leaving. Her good looks and figure despite already having a daughter didn’t make her charm wasted. Instead, it got enhanced.

Jin kept looking at her before he tensed his body because the sweet scent that entered his nose woke him up from his dream. He found out that Iris ' face was inches away from touching his nose.

“Are you alright young mastr Jin? You suddenly turned quiet all of a sudden”.

“Ah? Yeah, I am fine. No problems here”.

Jin releases a deep sigh to get rid of the mindset he had earlier. “Don’t waver, me. Remember, I have something more important to do right now”. He pinched his thigh and thanks to the slight pain from that. It solidifies his thoughts.

Iris observed Jin from head to toe, chuckled then opened her mouth.

“I am quite surprised, You are doing an adventure job”.

“Well yeah, there is a reason for it”. (“Mainly because I need to get stronger”)

“Fufu, ..it reminds me of myself..”.

“You say something?”.

“No, just talking to myself”.

Jin tilted his head and asked Iris the murmuring she let out. She dismissed it. Jin could not catch it with his ear because of the bustling from the crowd and the people from the adventure guild. He decided that it was probably going to be a waste of time to stay a little longer here. Also, they are blocking a way for adventurers to venture around the building entrance. Jin decides to bid his farewell and go on, to complete his quest 

“Then Miss Iris. I am going first”.

“Yeah be careful, young master Jin”.

They raised their respective right hands and waved at each other. They turned their backs simultaneously and went their own way. 

Jin continued his walk toward the east gate but before that. He needs to prepare something first. He turned his way toward a certain place and walked while observing the surrounding building until he reached a grey building that said “Joseph Blacksmith” and hurriedly opened the door.

The sound of a creaking door alerted the person who was waiting while sitting on the seat behind the counter. Jin is greeted by Joseph whose appearance doesn't change much after these years. Joseph saw Jin entering his shop, opening his mouth wide showing his white teeth.

“Well, look what we have here, eh? A young master of the territory visited this humble place. What can I help you kid?”.

“Hehe, it's been a while, Uncle Josh. I don't have much time, so I need one dagger I could use for cutting something and five throwing knives, please”.

“Okay, wait here”.

Joseph turns his back and goes to his workshop, and returns not long after bringing a couple of throwing knives, one dagger, and a black belt made from good quality leather.

“Here kid, tried them all”.

“I didn’t order that belt though?”.

“It’s in the house. Come on, you don't have to be so distant with me. Take it”.

Jin nodded his head before he inspected the thing he asked. A white dagger that is 30 cm long and five throwing knives its size is 15cm long. Its appearance is like a kunai from a certain anime Jin knows but it was flattened. He took the belt and it has a holster for throwing knives and he strapped it on his right thigh before he put the throwing knives in.

“Nice, thank you Uncle Josh. So how much?”.

“It's 5 gold for all of it”.

Jin put his hand in his pouch and took five gold coins from it. It was money his parents prepared, in case he needed to buy his needs as an adventure. “As expected from the veteran, they know best what is needed for adventurers''. Jin lifts the corner of his mouth admiring his parents.

“Here uncle”.

“Thanks, kid”.

“Okay Uncle, it's time for me to leave”.

“Ouh, be careful out there”.

After finishing his purpose. Jin took the dagger before putting it in his pouch and walked away, approaching the door, but when he tried to turn the doorknob. He remembered something that an adventurer should have in his expedition.

“Uncle, do you sell a potion here?”.

“Potion? Yeah I got a few of them. Wanna buy some”.

“Yes, please”. 

Jin approached the counter once more, As usual, Joseph took the potion from behind and he came back bringing a basket in his hands. Joseph put the basket on the counter and he opened it. Inside there is a row of small polished glass containers lining up with multiple colors. It has red, blue, yellow and the last is dark green inside each basket.

“What do these colors indicate?”.

“It was red for health potion, blue for mana potion, yellow for antidote, and green it was for monster repellent, in case you need camping or resting in your adventuring”.

“I see, I will take one of the baskets then. How much?”.

Joseph opened his eyes wide, hearing a decisive reply from Jin's mouth, but again he lifted the corner of his mouth, grinning. “Those guys armed this kid with cash”. Joseph sighs before speaking.

“The amount is two gold and five silver coins”.

Jin put his hand again inside his pouch, took the coins and presented them to Joseph.

“Here kid, your potion. For a reminder the monster-repellent potion only has a one-hour duration until the potion loses its effect after you open the lid of the glass container. So use it wisely”.

“Okay, I will. Thank you, Uncle Josh”.

“Yeah, see ya kid”.

Jin put the basket inside his pouch, bowed his head and turned around to leave the store. Once he was outside he moved his legs faster. Also, he stopped to buy some sandwiches for his lunch before continuing his walk and arriving at the east gate. Luckily there was no line and Jin could get inspected soon. He met the young-looking guard again and presented his guild card.

“You may pass. Be careful kid!”

“I will, good work as always”.

After receiving the guild card from the guard knight. He passed the gate and stepped outside toward the outside world.

Jin took a deep breath while closing his eyes and opened them while exhaling to wash away the tension from his body and mind.

“Let's go”.

He entered the forest of monsters and began his one-sided hunt. His goal today is to kill a lot of goblins and level up.

7