Chapter 28 Mana stone.
171 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dense forest. Where the sunlight could only enter its way through the gap that was created from gaps between trees. Also, the sound of leaves rubbing against each other because of the wind greeted Jin. He walked inside the forest turning his head sideways, wary of his surroundings. 

Jin scans his surroundings trying not to miss a single monster escape his radar. Then a sudden crackling sound from the northwest entered his ears and made his attention turn there. He approached the place and lightened his step. Once he neared it the crackling bush also stopped and suddenly, it appeared a big white creature with red eyes and a distinctive protruding horn from its forehead. 

Jin acts fast as he holds the sheath with his left hand and draws the blade. Cut the rabbit head cleanly. The rabbit squeaked before its dropdown bathed in its blood. Jin then approached the corpse and stored it inside his pouch.

[You gained 1 Exp]

[Exp: 1/10]

“Good, let's keep the pace”.

Not too far away from his place where he found his first rabbit a second one appeared. The rabbit's back is facing Jin, it seems it still didn’t notice Jin. The rabbit suddenly turned his neck and spotted Jin. It hissed because he interrupted its meal time. The rabbit charges full speed ahead, Jin draws his katana and maintains his blade position straight and it clashes head-on, with the rabbit killing it.

“That's two down”.

[You gained 1 Exp]

[Exp: 2/10]

Then Jin hunts, starting. He found another third and fourth rabbit rapidly without any breaking. He is blessed with luck. So the rate he encounters the monster is indeed faster than any person who does the same quest.

However, Jin still didn’t find his target quest. To hunt the goblin. Jin already killed his eighth rabbit before a window popped out before his face alerting him.

[You gained 8 Exp]

[You level up!]

[Next Exp: 0/20]

[All stats increased by +1]

[BP gained +2]

[BP 2960]

“Good, finally level two”.

Jin pumped his right fist grinning widely while showing his teeth. The joy from a reward after his hard work raised the spirit inside him. He was determined to farm more to increase his level and stats. While his heart is still in flames. With a renewed vigour he began his search, toward the deeper region in the east forest.

The deeper he went the more dense the tree that grew. It almost left no gaps for sunlight to enter. The shrub grows wildly without care, and it's troubling his footing. Luckily there is a trace of a wild monster that often passed this way. Leaving a small natural road straight deeper toward the forest.

Jin followed the trail before he saw an open space and the presence of a group of three creatures gathered around the fire. He lightens his foot nearing the place, and a green goblin enters his eyes. He observed the goblin and it was true they had the same height as a kid probably around 120cm tall, a green skin, skinny body and a hideous face with sharp teeth. Wearing only a rag that covers his crotch. They sat on the tree while the respective weapons were placed beside them, he saw one stone axe, a rusty dagger, and one club. 

The goblins are opening their mouths like they are talking to each other, but their language cannot be processed by Jin's brain. 

Jin took a deep breath before he gripped the sheath tightly, and exhaled it. Apparently, the three creatures still didn’t notice him hiding behind them.

[Physical enhancement level 3 activated]

[Remaining time 34 seconds]

Jin clenched his teeth and knitted his brow before he charged at them. The sound from the crackling shrubs alerted the three goblins, but they were far too late. His body was now enhanced by 30% because of his passive skill. Made Jin appear like a reaper that cleaves their lives without their knowing. The trail of blood and two heads separated from their bodies flying. The other one who didn’t enter Jin’s range of blade, stood up while taking its club.

[You gained 10 Exp]

[Exp: 10/20]

The goblin, late in realizing that his two comrades just died before his eyes, was enraged. He howls and charges at Jin but his movement feels slow because of the difference in stats. Jin just cut to the side and sent the goblin's head flying in the air once more.

[You gained 5 Exp]

[Exp: 15/20]

[Physical enhancement released]

[MP: 900/1020]

Jin released all of the breath he unconsciously held. Then turned his head down at the three dead bodies of goblins. He noticed that his right fingertips trembled and his back was cold, drenched with a cold sweat. He clenched his teeth and fist to get rid of the tremble. “Calm down”. Jin took a deep breath and exhaled it to calm his nerves. 

Once he did that he sheathed his katana. Took the dagger in his pouch and crouched down to cut the goblin's ears, but he felt something graze his back hair making his body chill before rolled over to the front, ran and put his back on the tree, taking cover.

“Gyaa”.

Then a single goblin appears holding a bow in his left hand and witnesses his fellow brethren dead.

“Gyaaa!”. 

It shouted enraged and attempted to take another shot, but Jin acted a little faster. He held a dagger in his right hand before throwing it. The goblin notices that a dagger is coming his way and falters for a moment. That is what Jin is after. He came out from the tree and saw that the dagger he threw missed his target and got stuck in the tree, but he didn’t mind it. Instead, he sped up, before standing before the goblin and delivering a side cut cutting the goblin's body into two parts, killing it.

[You gained 5 Exp]

[You level up!]

[Next Exp: 0/30]

[All stats increased by +1]

[BP gained +2]

[BP: 2962]

Jin turns his head sideways observing his surroundings. His instinct told him that there was no longer any danger approaching. Pull out the dagger from the tree, crouch down and cut the goblin's ear. He also didn't forget to cut open the chest part. In case there was a Mana stone imbued in its heart. 

Mana stone was a crystallization from mana inside a monster's heart when it died. It can be used to enhance magic tools, and it catches a high price in the market for anyone, whose lucky to obtain it. However, Mana stone could not be obtained that easily, there is only one out of ten chance, from the monster an adventurer killed.

“Found it”.

When Jin cut open the chest part opened it, witnessing what was inside. His head is in a mess. Blue blood smeared his hands, and organs like heart, lungs, and guts entered his eyes making him feel nauseous and attacking his stomach. He intended to throw the content, but he clenched his teeth holding it in. However, It all soon vanished after Jin found a Mana stone inside its heart. He did the same for the other while holding the need to throw up and obtain another three Mana stones which total of four in his possession.

“I am glad, my luck is high”.

Since Jin's luck stats could be considered a cheat. He obtained four mana stones inside the goblins he just killed for the first time.

“Let's continue”. 

Jin continues his hunt and finds another eight stray goblins in his search, and succeeds in levelling up, also obtaining another eight Mana stones.

[You gained 40 Exp]

[You level up!]

[Next Exp: 10/40]

[All stats increased +1]

[BP gained: 3]

[BP: 2965]

*****

Status Update:

[Status Window]

Name: Jin Midnight

Race: Human

Gender: Male

Age: 14

Level: 4

Exp: (10/40)

Talent: Magic Swordsman

Job: Adventurer

Parameter:

HP: 1030

MP: 1030

Statistics:

Vitality: 103

Intelligence: 103

Strength: 103

Agility: 103

Luck: 100 (Max limit)

BP: 2965

Skill:

Active;

Swordsman 6, Wind Magic 3, Physical Enhancement 6

Passive;

No limit, Concealed (God rank), Instinct, Jade eyes

Title:

Reincarnator, 3rd son of Baron Midnight, ******** ****** *****

Blessings:

******* ********

World quest: 1/2

8