Chapter 29 Another Sub-quest.
298 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Gyaa”.

“Gyaa”.

A group of ten goblins, sitting on the tree trunk surrounding the bonfire. Holding a piece of meat monster they hunted. Opened their jaws before taking a bite and chewing some of it enjoying the feast. Together they are expressing themselves by opening their mouth and hand gestures, but Jin couldn’t capture the words they said inside his brain. He only observed them from afar.

Jin is within a range of 10 meters behind the shrub, hiding. While observing the goblin's group, he also didn’t forget to scan his surroundings and found no other living being except those ten and him. 

The goblins are completely unaware that they are being observed. They just slap each other back and open their mouth laughing creepily with those sharp teeth on their jaw. Jin is preparing his ambush but his foot feels heavy, rooted to the ground. It wouldn’t separate from the ground. His mind is in disarray contemplating what choice he should pick, “Should I try to ambush the group or retreat?”.

Jin took a deep breath and exhaled it to calm his nerves and mind. and gripped his katana while raising his upper body into a middle stance putting strength in his both legs preparing to ambush them.

“Okay, I got this”.

When he tries to dash forward. The bustling sound from the shrub alerted the goblin and also made his body stiffen. “Damn, did they find me?”. His body feels cold because of the sweat his body produces. He keeps watching the goblin group, but they act weird, different from his assumption. 

The goblins cast their eyes not to Jin, but to the shrub behind them. Then suddenly another two goblins appear holding a bow and carrying four dead rabbits on their back strapped toward a stick. The other goblins shout in joy seeing another additional meat that would enter their stomach.

Jin sighs in relief. He thought that he was the one who made the commotion and alerted the group, but luckily, he was not. Jin crouched down and hid himself behind the shrub once more.

“Their number increased. What should I do?”.

The goblin group had an additional two members that had been hunting all this time. Jin was lucky that the goblin holding the bow didn’t find his hiding place. Jin had fought eight of them, grouping, even then he was still barely holding on, In that fight. However now it has twelve members in a single group. Pretty sure the battle will be hectic, especially for him.

It was not an unwinnable situation for Jin, but the others were in a group. They had numbers on their side. Of course, the difference in stats between Jin and the goblin is wide, he could kill them easily in one-on-one situations, but the situation changes when he needs to fight a lot of them at once. Jin lacks the experience in fighting a prologue battle. One thing he can come victorious with an overwhelming state is.

[BP: 2965]

“I need to use this”.

Without further ado, he invests the BP toward his stats.

[Are you sure?]

[Yes or No]

“Yes”.

[Vitality added +100]

[Intelligence added +100]

[Strength added +200]

[Agility added +200]

[BP: 2365]

Jin's body underwent a complete change. He felt his blood boiling. Like a magma that erupts, spreads throughout his veins strengthening it. A dormant power inside his body took a sudden turn and broke past its limit. His body is lighter than a feather, but he is sure he could destroy a boulder barehanded. His disarrayed thoughts suddenly aligned and felt calmed. He took a deep breath and observed the enemy in front of him.

[Physical enhancement level 5 activated]

[MP consumed 50 / second]

[Remaining time 40 seconds]

Jin gripped his katana and stood up, ready to ambush anytime. He took a deep breath to calm his tensed body, before vanishing from the place.

The goblin still exchanges some laughter with the other. When suddenly a shadow casts upon them blocking the rays of the sun from touching their skin. Without knowing what is happening. Three of their heads are separated from their body.

[You gained 15 Exp]

[Exp: 15/40]

Jin ambush is working. The goblins now completely thrown in panic, raised their weapon, but their speed is not enough to compete with Jin. Four, five, six, then finally twelve headless corpses spread across the field, tainting the ground with red. It wasn’t an ambush, but a Massacre 

[You gained 45 Exp]

[You level up!]

[Next Exp: 20/50]

[All stats increased by +1]

[BP gained +4]

[BP: 2369]

[Physical enhancement released]

[MP: 1740/2040]

The notification from the status window blocked his view from seeing the sight of the battlefield. He shook his head sideways to dismiss the status. He looked at the pile of goblin corpses he slayed. Took the dagger from his pouch and started to take the material needed and the Mana stone for sale. Jin's spoil in this fight was twelve pairs of goblin ears and ten mana stones. 

Jin's body was drenched because of a sweat. The sun was rising above. Aligning with his head causing his pores to open up and secreting a sweat to cool down his body. “It's already noon, huh ”. A growling sound could be heard in the dense forest. 

“I am hungry”.

The protest from his stomach can not be delayed. Jin soon walks away leaving the place, and leaves the dead body cluttered on the ground, to be consumed by another monster in the forest. The proper way to handle the corpse is usually to bury it or burn it to ashes. Unfortunately, Jin is a solo adventure and his speciality in magic is not earth or even fire. Of course, he could just dig some hole and gather the corpse but it will take time to do that. So he decided to let nature take its course.

Jin leaves the place and looks to each side wary about the surroundings. Inside this dense forest, he wouldn’t know what danger was lurking around, ready to ambush him. While he walked he lost in thought for a moment. “Thanks to my luck. The rate of encounter with the goblin is much easier, and I already completed the task that the guild gave me, But is it just luck that I have encountered many goblins along the way? Or is it something else?”. He shook his head to the side and dismissed the thought. 

Continued his walk for a few minutes before he found an open space on his left. He assumed that place was worth trying for him, to take a rest. He approached it and found a mountain of rock with a hole that had two goblins standing before it. He hurriedly got behind the tree and tilted his head to take a peek. 

“A goblin guarding the entrance to the cave? …Don’t tell me?”.

He slumped down in a crouching position and a sudden notification from the system alerted him.

[Sub-Quest appear]

Defeat: Goblin Warrior (Rank-C Monster) and his minions

Minions: 0/50

Reward: One golden Key

Fail A march from the goblin.

“..Another sub-quest? ..What, fifty minions! You're kidding me?”.

5