Chapter 33 Fighting a Goblin warrior.
61 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin's body stiffened. His pores opened, and a cold sweat appeared drenched his back and temple recalling the pressure he experienced last time. However, Jin knitted his brows. “Why does the pressure seem different?”. Earlier when he entered toward the right path he felt like his heart was gripped by a raw hand, His throat was choked, unable to accumulate enough air to breathe. The shiver he felt upon that incoming death, He didn’t feel that toward the enemy before him. “What is happening? It felt different from the last time I was inside. Is there another monster over there that is stronger than the monster before me?”.

“Gyaaa!!”.

The Goblin warrior noticed that his underlings were sprawling on the ground, bathed by their blood. He opened his mouth, roared full of hatred and Jin felt his skin tingling for a bit.

“Young master we should get out from here first”. (“The monster before us is a goblin warrior, but he is different from the one I know of..”.)

Goblin warrior. It was a monster that evolved from a regular goblin. After they accumulated enough Mana inside their body. The condition for their evolution was. They must kill another monster and feed himself the mana core from that monster. Eventually, the Mana core inside them will be strengthened and they will evolve, becoming a higher species.

A regular goblin warrior will have the same green-colored skin on its body, but the one before them has blue-colored skin. The height also is a bit taller at 170cm tall. The monster before them is a mutant one. A rare monster, that is born in one in a thousand chances.

Despite a warning from Iris behind him. Jin's sight never leaves the goblin warrior. The Goblin warrior also cast his sight at Jin. Its eyes contracted and he bellowed once again, unsheathing his longsword before charging straight at Jin.

Jin gripped his Katana and dashed forward accepting his chalenged. 

“Wait! Young master.”

“Stay back, Iris!”.

The shout that came from Jin's mouth made Iris' mouth shut. She felt pressured hearing his shout. She knew that Jin before her was strong indeed, but it was a different matter if the one he was facing was a C-rank monster, and it seemed it was a mutant type. “Do you intend to fight that monster alone? What makes you act so reckless like this?”. Iris bit her lips. Despite her mental struggles. She could only see Jin dashed forward confronting the enemy before him.

Iris saw them starting the fight. The goblin swung its sword diagonally toward Jin's left shoulder. Jin saw the swing coming and without stopping running. He maneuvered to the left and tried to avoid the sword slash, but the goblin noticed his move. The goblin stopped his swing midway and changed the trajectory to a horizontal slash.

“Young master..”.

Jin's eyes widened before he used his strong leg, and jumped to his left side. Dodging the goblin attack. “That was close”. He exhaled and regained his middle stance. 

The goblin, not wanting Jin to catch his breath, began his pursuit. He keeps slashing with his longsword and tries to kill the human before him. The goblin sword techniques are a wild one. There was no proper technique and he swung the sword with the intent to kill the enemy before him. But even if it's a wild one, Jin is struggling. Because of the unpredictable move, the goblin warrior unleashes in every strike.  

Jin also only knows half-assed skills from his previous life to learn a katana technique. So just avoiding and dodging his attack is the thing he could do right now. 

The barrage of attacks is not showing a sign of stopping, But Jin is also trying very hard to skillfully dodge and avoid every slash attempt the goblin makes. “..Tch, He does not have any intention to stop his attack anytime soon. I must keep enduring this and strike when there is a chance”. Jin patiently waits to find an opening to do the counterattack. 

Then a sudden disturbance came from the forest. It distracts the goblin for a moment. He stopped his onslaught. The goblin tried to put some distance by leaping back and an arrow passed before its head from where he was standing earlier. The goblin cast his gaze toward the forest and saw Iris holding her bow. 

Jin saw a chance. He closed the distance with the goblin. He stood before the goblin with a quick drawing stance. “This is my chance”. 

[Physical enhancement level 5 activated]

[Mana consumed -50 per second]

[Enhanced the blade using mana -500]

[Remaining time 91 seconds]

With a swift hand, he drew the blade, but the goblin warrior acted faster than his blade, leaping back. However, Jin's attack worked. A bloody line appeared on the goblin's stomach and it drenched his abdomen to his lower body. 

The goblin knitting his brows, grimaced from the pain in his stomach. He looked down and found blue blood pouring drenched in his leather armor. A shockwave was unleashed from the deafening roar that escaped from the goblin's mouth. It made the dust rise above ground and the surrounding tree shook.

“GAAAA!”.

Jin's body also shook hearing that roar. He shielded his eyes from the shock wave. When he lowers the hand that blocks his view. His eyes opened wide seeing the goblin warrior state. There was a red aura that enveloped the goblin warrior's whole body. The wound in his stomach is also closing. 

The goblin casts his murderous gaze toward Jin before it disappears from Jin's sight. 

“What?”. 

A tingling sensation from his back told him of the impending danger. Without turning his head away he dashed forward before a sword struck the ground, it made a small crater. It raised the dust and sand above, covering the battlefield.

“Shit, where is he?”

A flash of a silver line appeared and it approached Jin’s right neck. “Shit?”. With a godly reflex, he raised his katana. The two blades clashed. 

Jin luckily could stop that attack, but still, he could feel a hard cold steel pressing against his right neck, and the feeling of a warm liquid flowing to his collarbone. 

“..Gahak..”

Before Jin could think, he tried to escape his situation. He felt an impact from his abdomen, and it launched him from his current place. The goblin uses his right leg to kick his abdomen. Jin rolled on the ground a couple of times before doing an ukemi and regaining his stance. He looked toward the cloud of dust and found the goblin warrior walking with a creepy grin on his face.

Jin took a deep breath and tried to ignore the pain from his stomach. He touched his right neck. The stinging sensation and the warm liquid on his hand made Jin grimace. “Luckily, it didn’t cut too deep”. He gritted his teeth before pressing the wound on his neck.

All of a sudden his body is shivering in cold. Chill crept up in his spine numbing his brain. “Phew, I survived that attack”. Perhaps thanks to his luck or his instinct skill, or maybe both. He succeeded in escaping his impending death. If Jin was late in blocking that attack. His head wouldn’t be intact right now. 

“This is bad. I can’t follow his movements at all. It seems he just got strengthened by the red aura that covered his whole body. Is it the same as Physical enhancement magic? ..If that is the case”.

Looking at the approaching goblin, Jin shouted his order.

“Iris held him for a few seconds”.

“Got it”.

Came a reply from inside the forest. Two arrows flying in a straight line passed above Jin's head. The goblin noticed the two arrows and slashed them. Jin leapt to his right leaving the battlefield and the goblin tried to chase him down. But another arrow stopped his advance.

The goblin stared into the forest and found Iris ready to fire another arrow, but this time her arrow seemed different. The goblin felt the danger from it and started to run from his place and change its target toward Iris.

Jin who flew to the right hurriedly sheated his blade and opened his status window. 

“How much BP do I have?”.

[BP: 2380]

Jin opened his eyes wide seeing his own BP. It was a reward for doing his daily tasks every day for nine years and a reward from his level up. His lips raised seeing the BP amount, but he shook his head sideways to get rid of the euphoria. Without wasting his time he used his BP to increase his stats.

[Vitality increased 206 > 506]

[Intelligence Increased 206 > 506]

[Strength Increased 306 > 1006]

[Agility Increased 306 > 1006]

[BP used -2000]

[Remaining BP: 380]

[Physical enhancement level 5 activated]

[Mana consumed -50 every second]

[Remaining time 101 seconds]

“With this, I shouldn’t fear him anymore, probably”.

A sudden gust of power burst from inside his body. With his enhanced state he saw the world turn grey and he caught the movement of the goblin. The goblin now is running forward trying to deal a finishing blow toward Iris. 

“As if I will let you”.

Jin knitted his brows and stomped the ground, accelerating. He didn’t notice that the ground made a small crater from his stomping earlier. From that situation alone Jin failed to notice that his power is currently uncontrollable. 

“Wait, stop, stop, stop..!”.

A gust of strong wind passed between the goblin and Iris and was followed by a cloud of dust. Making them close their eyes. Then, they could hear the sound of a tree being blown apart, after getting crushed with something. 

“...”.

“What is happening?”.

The goblin and Iris looked toward the forest to find a blown tree trunk and a boy scratching his back head.

“Well, it makes sense. With that sudden improvement my body and mind still haven’t synchronized yet, but..”.

Jin looked toward the goblin and disappeared from his place. The goblin prepared for what was coming, but he felt a great impact on his stomach. The goblin spurted blood from its mouth. He got blasted from his place and crashed into a couple of trees before stopping. 

“What!”.

Iris opened her eyes and jaw wide, seeing the spectacle before her. Then she turned her head toward Jin who stood in front of her.

“..I can do that, with my current uncontrollable speed”.

It was probably a lame remark that came from Jin's mouth, but what he needed right now was the necessary strength to kill the monster before him. So that he could finish his sub-quest. 

The goblin warrior's body twitched. His limbs are trembling from the pain he suffers after that attack. Using a tree behind him as a foothold he stood up and locked gaze with Jin. His pupil's eyes have become a dot, filled with hatred toward Jin. It bellowed once again and the red aura on his body gushed out like crazy. 

“GAAAAAAA!”.

“Let's go for round two”.

Jin also replied by flashing his canine and clenching his left hand that holding a katana.

***

Status Update:

[Status Window]

Name: Jin Midnight

Race: Human

Gender: Male

Age: 14

Level: 8

Exp: (15/80)

Talent: Magic Swordsman

Job: Adventurer

Parameter:

HP: 5080

MP: 5080

Statistics:

Vitality: 508

Intelligence: 508

Strength: 1008

Agility: 1008

Luck: 100 (Max limit)

BP: 387

Skill:

Active;

Swordsman 6, Wind Magic 3, Physical Enhancement 6

Passive;

No limit, Concealed (God rank), Instinct, Jade eyes

Title:

Reincarnator, 3rd son of Baron Midnight, ******** ****** *****

Blessings:

******* ********

World quest: 1/2

3