Chapter 34 Finished, and invitation.
577 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin, who raised his status, is still trying to adjust his strength a bit. He deactivated his enhancement magic dashed upfront slowly and soon faced the furious goblin warrior. 

The Goblin warrior is the one who strikes first by swinging his sword down. There is no technique, It was just pure brute strength he unleashed in his slash. Just to finish the human before him. But Jin noticed something, he could follow the sword's trajectory with his naked eyes.

Jin grinned and raised his right hand. Using his back hand, he touches the side of the middle sword and smacks it intending to deflect it. However, he underestimates his power. Instead, the sword that he tried to deflect, broke into a myriad of pieces. It made Jin and the goblin warrior open their eyes wide.

The goblin warrior noticed that his sword was broken, reacted fast and retreated to the back. Jin who awoke from his absentminded state also began to chase him. He holds the katana tightly using his left hand. Because of the difference in stats. Jin now stood before the goblin warrior with his quick drawing stance. The goblin warrior who couldn't follow Jin's movements, stiffened his body and tried to gain some distance again but it was already too late.

[Physical enhancement level 5 activated]

[Mana consumed -50 per second]

[Enhance blade with Mana -500]

A sudden increase in his strength, combined with a swift movement. Jin draws the katana blade and it cuts through the goblin's right flank until it's left shoulder like a hot knife cutting butter. The goblin warrior's eyes soon dimmed and the aura that coated his body began to fade. The body dropped to the ground without knowing how it died. Then the notification window appeared before Jin's eyes.

[You gained 150 Exp]

[You level up!]

[All of your stats are increased +1]

[You gained 8 BP]

[BP 395]

[Exp: 85/90]

[Sub-quest (Complete)]

[Killing 50 Minions Goblins]

[Progress: 60/50 Success]

[Killing 1 Goblin warrior]

[Progress: 1/1]

[Reward: Golden Key]

A small smile formed on his lips seeing the notification. “Finally, It's over”. He muttered. Then he deactivated the enhancement magic. Next thing is, a light shone brightly, blinding his eyes. He covered his vision but soon the light dismissed and what appeared before him was.

[Golden Key Acquired]

[Golden Key (SS-Rank): An Item to open a sanctuary. A place for those who wish to gain power or escapism]

The golden key stayed floating waiting for Jin to take it. Jin extended his right hand and grabbed the key. It is twenty centimeters in length and it is adorned with a Red Jewel on its crown. Jin inspected it for a few moments until an amazed voice woke him up.

“..Young master, you defeated it! But what should we do about the body here? And what is that?”.

“..That, Let's just collect the Mana core for sale. As we do until now. As for this I got it from Sub-quest”.

"Sub-quest?". ("Ha,, Another absurd thing")

Jin showed the golden Key in his hands to Iris who sighed. Then she looked toward Jin and saw him nodding his head. She took the key in her hand and started to inspect it.

“.. I can feel a tremendous Mana from the Jewell. Is it an Artifact?”.

“Maybe, I don’t know for sure”.

It seems Iris is satisfied enough, so she gives the key back to Jin. 

“Here, make sure you keep it safe until we know what we must use it for”.

“Okay?”. ("Does she not see the item description?").

Jin looked once again toward the key. He saw a translucent window that stated its Name and how it was used. But Jin didn’t want to get her irk anymore than this. So he shoved the key into his magic pouch.

“Okay, I think that is enough for today, let's go to town for now. You didn’t mind that right young master?”.

“But we should investigate the cave, I am afraid there is still something there..”

“Let's go, there was nothing inside there”.

“How can you be so sure?”.

“I already checked it the moment you started the fight with the goblin warrior”.

Jin opened his eyes wide and didn't think that Iris was doing that. But he once again looked toward the cave. “Is there nothing inside? Earlier I sensed something terrifying inside it and after facing the goblin warrior. I am sure that he is not the only one inside the cave. There must be someone or something else''. He steeled his resolve by swallowing his saliva and gritting his teeth. Began to approach the cave entrance.

However, his foot stopped because his right hand was grabbed tightly by Iris. Jin turned his head back and saw Iris' face who had a frown on her face. But he could also feel a sense of worry in those green sharp eyes. The hands that gripped his right hand tightened.

“Enough, young master. Let's rest and go back to town with me”.

“..Okay”.

Her tone contains a slight anger. Jin could only nod his head. Also seeing the worry gaze that directed at him made his spirit wane. He eventually signed and began to be dragged from the place by Iris. 

“Let's g..”.

Iris who led in front stopped in her tracks and glanced at the back. Her eyes are narrowed differently from earlier she showed to Jin. Jin, who noticed the change, also wondered what had happened to her.

“What happened?”.

“..No, nothing let’s go”. (“Is it just my imagination? Although it was a little faint, I feel that man's aura”)

The two of them resumed their walk and soon left the battle scene. 

On their way back. Jin, who is still dragged by Iris, could only sigh helplessly. He could not do anything except to follow her demand.

Jin raised his head and saw that the sun was shifting to the west. “How long have I been hunting?”.

At first, he just wanted to do some hunting and raise his level simultaneously. After what happened to him the other day it flamed his ember and resolved himself to become stronger not just physically but mentally. Turns out today was quite a fruitful day for him. Defeating a monster horde, and most of all he defeated a superior rank goblin on his own. It filled him with experience and some confidence.

In the quiet place filled with greenery, the two figures walked holding each other's hands. Well, it was dragged away to be precise. They walked steadily but kept wary about their surroundings. Soon their quiet atmosphere broke by the sound from a growling stomach that echoed in the forest.

They both stopped in their tracks and looked toward each other. Jin scratched his back head, feeling embarrassed. He never thought that his stomach would protest at this time.

“Sorry, it seems fighting those hordes and that goblin warrior made my belly empty”.

“..Fufu, it's okay. I think it's reasonable enough. Well, let's get back to the town then. I am afraid the sound of your stomach would attract the nearby monster”.

“..Did it ring that much?”.

“Hehe, no I am just joking. Let's raise our pace”.

“Okay”.

Once again Jin is being dragged by Iris. With his strength, he is sure he could shake Iris's hand. but he chose not to. Because he wants to enjoy this pleasant feeling where he is being dragged by a beautiful woman.

While the two of them are walking leisurely in the forest. Iris suddenly halted her movement. She remembered something. Her purpose for coming to this place. Her first intention to go toward this east forest is to search for the ingredients for her dinner. 

Feeling Iris' hand that suddenly tightened on his hands. Jin asked Iris a question.

“What is the matter?”. 

“..Well, the time is perfect. Young master Jin, do you have time after this?”

Jin tilted his head at this sudden question Iris asked. He never expected Iris would ask him something like this. Jin pondered for a moment before he nodded his head.

“..Yes, I have some time until night”.

“Okay then, would you like to eat dinner together with me at my house? This is also to express my thanks for the other day”.

“...Okay. If that is your wish. Then I will be in your care”. 

“It’s decided then. Besides, there is a lot we must talk about”.

"..Please be easy on me".

It seems Jin still has a long day before he can go home and rest.

***

After making sure that both of them vanished from the place. A man wearing a black robe that covered all of his body appeared from the depths of the forest. He walked slowly while casting his gaze to the surrounding seeing the state that was happening. After the two figures who were responsible left the place.

“Aw man, I can’t believe that the army I have been carefully raised in would be annihilated like this".

The man has a huge sigh. Despite leaving the cave for just a day. He didn’t think that the army that he painstakingly built would be annihilated, and it was only by the two figures.

“I am surprised to see that the Elves' woman is still alive and in full health. She almost detected me earlier. I am lucky I could hide from her sense”.

Remembering the figure of Iris earlier who regained her health. Made his face frown. 

“What should I do? seeing her state right now, I am sure she was cured of her poisonous state. Who is it? Who is the one who cures her? Ah, more importantly, if that woman is healthy right now. Then my plan will be ruined, what should I do? Should I resort to abducting, but that woman had a strong sense. She could detect me a hundred meters away. Shit, what should I do?..”.

While the man is having a swirling thought in his head. On the other side from the man. There stood a lone white wolf with a one-meter height, growling. 

At first, the lone wolf is attracted by the smell of the blood that catches its nose. It roused its appetite and intended to satisfy its hunger by consuming some monster body. But as soon as the wolf arrived on the scene. He witnessed a single man standing in the middle of a scattered goblin's body. 

The wolf feels threatened. Because he didn't expect that someone was already there disrupting his meal time. Upon witnessing the man and relying on his instincts. He judges that the man is harmless and the wolf tries to sneak from behind to ambush the man.

“Well, what do we have here”. 

The wolf's body jolted and tried to distance itself from his place, but alas it was too late. From the man's body appears something wriggling like a tentacle. It restrained the wolf's four limbs. The wolf catches a glimpse of the man's aura. The wolf's body shuddered and struggled to break free from the man's restraint.

“Settle down little wolf, I am not trying to harm you..”.

The man inspected the wolf's appearance and body. Soon he began to show his teeth and took something from inside his robe. It was a sphere as big as this ball, with a blood-red color in his right hand. The man grinned creepily before speaking.

“...Instead I am going to make you stronger”.

The wolf feels the impending danger. Trying to break free from the restraining. The man on the other hand grinned, shoved the sphere inside the wolf's mouth, and released the wolf from the thing that restrained him.

The wolf that whimpered after something got shoved into his mouth. His body started to twitch, and it began its transformation. Red patterns like a vein appeared on his skin and his body grew larger than before. The eyes that contain a little bit of intelligence turn into a red color full of malice. 

The wolf with its staggering feet stood up. The wolf began to adapt after a sudden change that happened to his body. Once the transformation is done the wolf releases the pent-up suffering he experienced earlier by howling out loud.

“Oops, this is bad”.

[Dark Magic level 7 Activated]

[Cloak of darkness]

[Mana consumed -650 MP]

“AWOOOOO..!!!”.

From the sound alone. It made the air and the surrounding earth tremble. The wind began to swirl around the wolf as if a shield protecting it. It made the surrounding tree and grass swayed greatly. The man who witnessed the change of the wolf began to snicker. He is feeling ecstatic upon seeing the wolf evolution.

“..Haha, Ahahahaha.. Good, With this I must come up with another plan”.

   

5