Book 1 – Chapter 2
1.3k 9 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh? Is this the gift Katie was talking about?

Casting a glance around at what I can assume to be my new home, –in forks of course–,  I’m impressed. It’s sort of minimalistic, with a style mix of industrial and farmhouse. 

Tall ceilings in the living room, with a grey concrete theme with some purple and black colours here and there. The living room flows into the kitchen, which looks contemporary. Island, burner stove, farmhouse sink. There’s a powder room and walk-in pantry. On the second floor there’s the master bedroom with an en-suite and fully stocked walk-in in my style. A guest bedroom with its own en-suite, and an office.

The basement is divided into three sections. A home cinema / game room, a small swimming pool, and a workout area with some equipment usually used in martial arts training.

Overall I’m very happy with the house, it’s not a mansion, just more or less a normal two story house that won’t feel lonely.

Casting a glance at my drivers licence, I chuckle. Lilith McGrath, 160 cm, blue eyes. She took my comment about being the little sister quite literally.

Heading towards my bedroom, I strip down to my underwear and notice that my body is more athletic than not. There’s not any bulging muscles, but they’re visible. Reminds me of all the descriptions of Kara from the Supergirl fanfictions I’ve read.

The alarm on my nightstand starts to ring, and I notice that it’s in the early morning. Noticing an envelope, I take a look at the documents within. They’re more or less what I expected. Senior grade admittance paper, emancipation paper due to parents passing away and no living relatives, leaving me a small fortune to live comfortably for a few decades without ever having to work.

Hm, I’ll be with Emmett, Jasper and Rosalie then. I wonder if Edward can read my mind? That would be fairly interesting.

After putting on some jeans, sneakers, tee and a leather jacket I head outside and spot a two-car garage. Quirking an eyebrow at what I find, despite knowing I shouldn’t be surprised. A Jaguar E-type from the 70’s, and a brand new Ford F-150 pickup.

Finding the keys to the Jag, I find myself almost purring along to the well-tuned engine. Honestly I’m glad I didn’t live in the US back in my world, as driving this car with automatic transmission would almost be a crime.

Finding the school isn’t too difficult, it seems this body has been implanted with a vague impression of the city layout.

My enhanced hearing picks up all the comments, it seems nobody in the student body was expecting my arrival, which is curious. I would have assumed the rumour mill would have churned.

I don’t spot either the Cullens or Isabella, and I’m wondering where in the timeline I am. I know I’m somewhere in the first book, but how far along is the question.

“Hello, I’m Lilith McGrath.” Oh, Katie didn’t mess around, that’s an irish accent peeking through my american.

“Oh yes! Welcome to Forks, I’m Shelly Cope.” Ah, Shelly, that was her first name. I mostly tune her out as she gives me the welcoming speech, nodding along here and there, but focusing on the chatter around the school.

Thanking the gossipy receptionist, I head towards English, which is my first class.

“Ah, you must be Miss McGrath.” The teacher greets me, and I nod at him. He casts a quick glance around. “There’s an empty seat next to Miss Hale.” He points towards Rosalie, and I get my first glimpse of my favourite Cullen.

While Nikki Reed is attractive, the real life Rosalie Hale is otherworldly. Almost platinum blonde hair, looking as smooth as silk and falling in slight waves across her shoulders. The small mole that should be an imperfection yet does nothing but enhance her beauty and bring out her lips. The liquid honey eyes that make it so easy to lose yourself.

Taking a seat besides her, I test the waters. “Hello, I’m Lilith McGrath.” I give her a slight smile along with my introduction, and contrary to my belief she doesn’t ignore me.

“Rosalie Hale.” Oh goddess, even her voice is beautiful. Yet despite her appearance, my favourite part about the vampiress besides me is her snarky and sarcastic personality, despite being loyal to a fault.

She gives me an appraising look, before staring into my royal blue eyes as she quirks a perfectly sculptured eyebrow.

Breaking her gaze, she looks forward, yet my ears pick up the whisper that no human could.

“You’re not human.”

I find myself smirking. “Neither are you.”

We don’t interact for the remainder of the class, but as the bell rings and I stand up, I reach out my hand. She looks at it for a moment, before looking at my face as she places her hand in mine, and I help her up.

“Later, Hale.” I smirk at her, despite the giddy excitement inside. Sure, I know this world is real, that fictional characters now are real people with thoughts and feelings, yet I can’t help the slight meta feeling that I have, like I’m somehow an author brought to life in one of her stories.

Ignoring the stares as I wander the halls towards my next class, I can already tell I’m going to compete with Rosalie for the Ice Queen title. The amount of lust I can smell from the boys is extraordinary, as I didn’t have my superhuman sense the first time I attended highschool, which is oh, a couple of decades ago?

Arriving in history class, I can already tell the theme for today as I’m seated next to Jasper.

“Ma’am.” He tilts his head at me as I take a seat, already suspecting I’m not human. They shouldn’t really notice anything about me, despite the lack of normal human scent. I know I don’t smell like ‘food’ to them, but another supernatural being. I’m not sure if the shifters are going to pick it up, as the vampires have the advantage of their instincts telling them I’m not food.

“Howdy.” I wink at him, and his lips quirk into a smile. I can tell the Hale ‘twins’ are going to be my favourites.

“What’s a coven of vampires doing in a town like this?” I ask as we both ignore the teacher.

He tilts his head towards me, giving me almost the same appraising look that Rosalie gave. “Attending high school.” I smirk at his response, glad to see that Rosalie isn’t the only snarky Hale.

“I suppose an overcast town would be the best for a permanent residence. Animal blood, I’m assuming by the eyes?” Bullshit flows through my mouth, as if I have any experience in this world or with vampires.

“Yes Ma’am.” His southern twinge of an accent is fairly attractive, but he’s too male for my taste.

“Would your coven mind terribly if I sat with you all at lunch? I can already tell the humans are going to test my patience.” I tilt my head at my statement, not in regards to what I asked, but what I said. It’s becoming fairly apparent that despite being completely human an hour or two ago, I’m already seeing myself as a Morningstar.

His phone vibrates in his pocket, which he checks. “Well, it seems my family would also like for you to eat with us.” No doubt for an inquisition, I smirk at him, and I can assume by his smile that my emotions affirm my suspicions.

 

✧ ⋄ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋄ ✧ ⋄ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋄ ✧

 

“These are members of my family, Alice, Edward, Emmett, Bella, and I assume you’ve already met Roalie?” Jasper introduces me, and I nod at the table.

“Indeed. Lilith McGrath.” I introduce myself, spotting Isabella’s confused gaze flickering between me and the Cullens.

“Does she know?” I whisper too low for humans, despite knowing the answer.

“Yes, Bella knows about us. She’s my best friend and she’s dating Edward.” Alice chimes, making me smile at her. We’re not going to be that close I think, as I can only take her personality, both the energetic and bossy parts, in small doses.

“You’re not like them, are you?” Isabella asks, and I shake my head with a grin. “No, I’m something else.” She looks between me and the female vampires. “What are you?”

Grabbing a fry from Rosalie’s tray, –ignoring her glare– I take a bite. “That’s for me to know and you to find out. I will give you up to three hints, and if you can figure it out I’ll give you a prize.” I smirk at the human as Edward glares at me. Making me tilt my head. Is he glaring due to me flirting with his girlfriend, or because he can’t read me?

Stealing a fistfull of Rosalie’s fries, I lean back as I listen to the conversations in the cafeteria. 

She’s probably a whore, how else would she be able to get the Cullens’ attention.”

Looking at Edward as I eat the remaining fries, still ignoring Rosalie’s glare. “Are these the same theories they had about Isabella?” I ask, and Emmett laughs, but I notice he’s not physically touching Rosalie, curious.

“More or less.” Alice responds, Edward’s too busy glaring at me, and not in the same way that Rosalie is.

“What are you talking about? And it’s Bella.”

“Ah, the girl at the table closest to the entrance thinks that I’m a slut, as apparently that’s the only way I can gain the attention of the illustrious Cullens, my dear Bambi.” I smirk at her, watching her brows furrow.

“Bambi?”

I shrug at her, now moving onto Rosalie’s pizza slice. “You didn’t want me to call you Isabella, your name. It’s either that or Bambi.” I grin, I don’t like shortening names, but nicknames are fair game.

She sighs, relenting to being called one or the other.

I wipe my mouth on the napkin, turning towards Rosalie who’s still glaring at me. I grin at her, before leaning in and kissing her cheek. “Thanks for the food, gorgeous, I’ll pay for the next date.” I say as I leave the table, casting a glance over my shoulder as I arrive at the entrance, only to see Rosalie’s perplexed look, her hand on her cheek where I kissed her, as Emmett’s booming laughter fills the room.

Not mated, got it.

57