Book 1 – Chapter 6
854 2 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rosalie looks around as she takes a seat on my sofa while I get myself a drink.

“I’m fairly certain I know the answer, but how serious were you about the date?” I ask from the kitchen, letting her have the physical space she needs.

She doesn’t respond, so I grab my coke and pad over to the sofa opposite where she’s sitting.

As I shimmy into a comfortable position, she whirls over to my side, staring into my eyes, and I notice hers are very, very dark, but still amber.

“Very.” I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding, and the reality of the situation hits me.

Staring into her eyes, I don’t doubt her sincerity, but there’s a few things I have to get out of the way.

“I’m not the only one feeling it then? The small tug in the back of my mind, telling me to pay attention to you and get to know you?” I ask and she shakes her head, “No, you’re not alone.”

“Huh.” Is my eloquent response, and it’s only now I’m noticing how close we are, our bodies almost touching.

“Do vampires mate for life?” I ask as I look into her rapidly darkening eyes, getting a nod in return. “So if we go through with this, it’s the two of us for eternity?” I make sure to give her a smile, letting her know it’s not out of negativity I ask. Another nod in confirmation. I’ll have to tell her, everything.

“Okay. I have two rules when it comes to relationships. One, we do not lie to each other. Telling me that you do not want to speak about something, now, or ever, is fine. However, no lies.” Rosalie nods yet again. “Secondly, we’re equals, we do not make important decisions without discussing them, and we never take away the choice from the other, okay?” A last nod, and I smile as I kiss her cheek, before standing up.

“Okay so, before we go through with this I have something to show you, then tell you. I want you to make sure you go into this with all the available information, before it’s too late to make another choice.”

I unfurl my white wings, and a gasp escapes Rosalie, something I never thought I’d hear. Raising a hand to halt her question, she closes her mouth with an audible click, only for her jaw to fall open as my wings turn black, and Lightbringer ignites in my hand.

“Remember how I told Isabella that they’ve written about me as the first son?”

“Are you telling me you’re…” She trails of, and I nod.

“Sort of. For all intents and purposes, I am the equivalent of the biblical Lucifer Morningstar, yet it’s not historically accurate, as I didn’t exist until the day I met you for the first time.”

Her brows furrow, and I take a seat beside her. “What do you mean?”

Taking a deep breath, I make sure our eyes are locked, wanting to make sure she can see the honesty. “I’m not from this world. In my previous life I lived in a different world, where this one was just a work of fiction, a book, following the lives of Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen neè Mason, and the Cullen family.” 

I can tell she has questions, but I raise a hand. “Not yet, let me finish?” I ask as I take her hand, stroking the back of it with my thumb.

“I died, and the equivalent of a goddess reincarnated me into this world with an objective, and upon its completion I will become the monarch of the supernatural world, and the equivalent of a deity to this world, for a very, very long time.”

We both fall silent, I can tell she believes me, which is a relief, yet she’s currently processing.

“Does that mean you know about…” She asks, yet she doesn’t have to complete her sentence for me to know. “I’m not sure if it’s the same, but the book provided backstories on all the Cullens.” I take a deep breath. “Is it okay if I ask one thing to confirm? I’m certain you don’t like to talk about this, but I don’t want to assume?.” She nods, and I squeeze her hand. “Carlisle found you, bleeding and dying. You took your revenge, saving him for the finale, wearing your wedding dress.” The venom in my voice when speaking of Royce surprised even me.

A sob escapes my blonde as she nods, and I pull her into me, her face resting in the crook of my neck.

My blonde? Huh. Not the time to think about the possessiveness of that statement.

As I feel Rosalie relaxing, I pull her with me until we’re lying on the sofa, her on top of me as I stroke her back.

“Would you feel better if we go hunting?” I whisper, her head resting on my chest.

Raising her head, Rosalie quirks an eyebrow at me. “We?” 

Her question makes me grin.

53