Chapter 43 – Leaving Adruil, Progressing To Tier 2 Mage
111 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon entering the boat she found that the upper deck was spacious, seeming designed for the guests to mingle and take in the sights of the views they will be passing by. 

The deck was already filled with a mixture of the sailors apart of the boat and a number of the guests onboard. 

She could also see the boat crew took security stringently with the amount of fierce looking guards who stood by in the background watching over the ship. 

Their group were met with a few glares from the occupants as they boarded but this soon turned to disinterest after seeing nothing of interest. 

Ava received a few looks because of her apparent young age but it was not particular uncommon for children to board such ships, though since people of influence would primarily use such a high-quality ship then it was worth noting. 

After all although Kaldor was an adventuring town making it a popular destination, it was also where people would go on their way to the prestigious Rarmose Mage Academy, therefore a young child present may indicate this was a potential powerful Mage in the future who would be worth paying attention to. 

In fact some of the wealthy merchants and minor nobles eyes lit up at seeing the strange group, after all forming connections and sweet talking was apart of the reasons to pay good coin to come aboard this ship. 

It didn’t cost anything to be courteous, and even if the child did not end up as an influential Mage, the family beside her would be worth talking too just from being able to afford paying the price to board the ship. 

However before they could take the initiative to approach them Arwen presented his Druid identification to the group and said, “If you mind giving us some privacy, the child has been through a lot and needs some time to rest.” 

His short words caused the residents of the boat to pause and then acknowledge one after the other as a merchant flatteringly said, “That is perfectly reasonable Sir Druid, we will mind our own business unless you may decide through the journey to change your mind.” 

After realising he got his point across Arwen directed the group to follow him as they continued to navigate themselves around the boat. 

The boats simple design yet obvious luxuriousness continued as they explored around the boat. 

It was clearly designed of high quality materials, with the ship looking practical, sturdy yet also presented itself in a way that shown the wealth and influence needed to build such a boat. 

Passing by one of the sailors on board, Althaea asked him where the mess hall on the boat was to be directed towards a staircase leading to the lower decks. 

The lower deck on the boat was just as spacious as that above, holding all sorts of compartments and rooms for different purposes. There was even a few small training areas on board, yet you’d have to pay extra for there use due to high demand. 

Eventually they reached the mess hall which already had a few sailors inside who were busy eating their lunch, the galley was nearby and you’d collect your food from the large window connecting it to the mess hall. 

“Time for some food. I’m starving, hopefully they have some good grub in this place.” Althaea said adopting some weird voice, likely believing that is what a sailor genuinely sounds like. 

Arwen and Xandas just ignored her, Xandas has long grown use to her by now and Arwen has dealt with her since she was practically a child so knew what to expect. 

Ava just rolled her eyes as she continued following them to the window where a chubby cook sat opposite, his eyes lighting up upon seeing more people to serve. 

“Ah Bao, knows what you’d lot like. How about some salted fish, with a freshly squeezed lemon on the side. I can even offer some steamed striped-sea weed on the side, rich both in Water and Wood Qi.” Bao seemed to lick his lips the more he described the food making you think he was describing his next meals plans and not theirs. 

“Just give me whatever you just said.” Xandas requested, back in the tribe they ate simply and did not have a large variety, he did not care to go through anything else and just wanted something to eat. 

“Oh aren’t you interested, in seeing what else Bao has to offer, like sautéed wyvern with purple onion, that’s a rare commodity you know I don’t usually get to work with such tender, delicious meat…” Bao emphasised the last words with extra emphasis as he smacked his big lips together.

Ignoring the drooling cook, Xandas just replied, “Whatever you say, can you just give me some food already? Also plate up some for my Daughter, she’s a growing girl after all.” 

Bao seemed dumbstruck by the flippant elf appearing offended someone could be so casual about his food, “You know I’m a top top chef. I’ve studied under the highly decorated Corday Kamsey himself you know. I wouldn’t be surprised even if I find out you love your meat raw…” 

However Xandas eyes lit up as he replied saying, “You have raw meat here? Why didn’t you say so, dish some up for me and my daughter right now.”

There were plenty of elves who enjoyed raw meat. Although from a physical standpoint they seemed fairly similar to a human they have a completely different biology and could even eat meat raw without a shred of cultivation. 

Bao’s eyes widened so much they seemed as if they were about to pop out of their sockets.

Althaea took this moment though to step and said with a voice dripping with desire, “Talk me through the menu again…” 

Since they were still cloaked Bao could not tell they were elves however he could identify Althaea was an attractive female from the voice and glimpse of her face alone.

Straightening up his posture his demeanour changed completely as he said, “Well…” 

And that was when Arwen had to intervene, “Just dish us up a mixture of what you said, doesn’t have to be a large portion. We have had a bit of a tiring trip and could do with a good meal.” 

Bao sighed grumbling under his breath about not appreciating the fine things of life, however he still did what he was asked and soon enough they were each sat around the table eating up the food served by Bao.

Upon taking a bite out of the food for first time she got to admit Bao knew how to cook, the texture of the meat was divine, and the sauce blended in perfectly. It impressed her despite him only having access to a the ships kitchen he could produce such a dish. 

And if the taste didn’t sway her to the dish, the benefits of it would do so, she could already feel a warmth fill her body, as she could feel the effects of the Qi infused in the food spread throughout her body. 

‘This would be great fairly useful for any warrior or mage in training.’ Ava thought realising the benefits, it would be especially useful for a warrior training their Battle Qi and for a Mage who required to progress their capacity of elemental Qi after ascending to the next tier. 

‘A Spirit Chef, although not a great one is still impressive to have as the ships chef. Though I expect the benefits you would get at the academy would far supersede this.’ Cense voice filled her mind making her realise the benefits of the food.

‘What is a Spirit Chef?’ Ava asked Cense curiously.

‘A Spirit Chef are those who infuse their own Qi in the preparation and handling on food, they also specialise in maintaining the richness of the Qi in the ingredients when preparing it for consumption. A normal chef would end up wasting much of the Qi within the ingredients, where a Spirit Chef can not only maintain it but also improve it by combining it with other ingredients. My former masters enjoyed food prepared from the most proficient Spirit Chefs, at that level they could create food with miraculous properties, almost like an alchemist!’ Cense said with enthusiasm making her develop a craving to be served by such Spirit Chefs. 

She could only imagine how good the food would be if Bao’s food could only be described as low level despite the taste and benefits of it. 

And the rest of the table agreed with her, with even Xandas grudgingly admitting the food was good.

Althaea licked her lips and seemed to develop a yearning for Bao’s food already. 

Arwen shown less emotion to the meal on the other hand, he enjoyed the food but as a Druid he had long got use to repressing his desires so did not outright show lust for it. 

Althaea seemed ready to go back for seconds but Arwen reminded, “I believe it would be a good opportunity to use that Pearl, I’m not comfortable leaving around resources after what happened, so why don’t Ava use it right now?” 

Xandas nodded finding the answer practical and Althaea couldn’t find an answer to refuse even with her wanting stomach.

Knowing she can go back for more later she said, “Alright then, let’s find a quiet room on the deck, didn’t they give us the cabins number?” 

Arwen nodded as he stood, “Lets go ahead and find the room, any of the Sailors around here should be able to direct us.” 

Walking around some more, they were quickly pointed into the direction of their cabins and after moving around the ship a bit, going down one more level they were able to find their cabins.

Without hesitation Arwen unlocked the door with the key provided and went ahead to look inside before instructing them to enter.

Upon going inside, she found the room was fairly spacious, with enough space for her to meditate.

There was a bunk bed in the corner, where a window sat beside letting in some light. The glass was thick and sturdy not giving the greatest visibility to see the outside but she could see the small waves created by the rocking of the ship.

A small desk sat in the other corners of the room and also a wardrobe in the remaining corner. 

Deciding the middle of the room was the best place Ava was instructed to sit down and start meditating.

She nodded as she did what was asked before Althaea said, “We will watch over you incase anything goes awry but this should be fairly straightforward, once we take out the Pearl, it will be easy to feel the Soul Power inside. As a Mage you are already used to controlling your Soul by now so once you enter meditation, similar to how you cultivate your soul, feel the Pearls energy’s and draw it in. It should be a big push, enough to get you up to Tier 2, or at the very least close to it.”

After that, Arwen brought out the box that contained the Pearl. Carefully unlocking it a large deep blue glowing Pearl sat in the middle. 

Ava found herself mesmerised by the sight of the beauty of the Pearl but quickly calmed down as she began meditating as instructed.

Arwen then carefully took out the Pearl and allowed her to grasp it.

Feeling the Pearl between her fingers, she could feel the warmth and energy, doing what they described she entered meditation as normal however this time it was different.

Growing her soul from meditating was slow and steady, requiring her to build up the energy overtime until she was ready to breakthrough, this time however she felt a large influx of powerful pure energy that seemed eager to enter her soul readily.

Feeling this energy only needed the slightest direction she felt it come to her readily as soon as she began drawing it, it came so fast and easy she felt as if she was floating for the first time during soul cultivation.

She had talent involving Elemental Qi, yet she always struggled with soul cultivation which was believed to be the most important aspect for being a Mage, however this time it felt effortless, as her soul grew stronger and stronger from the energy in which months of usual effort came so straightforwardly. 

And just like that she felt a crack, as if she broke through to new tier, her soul felt stronger and brighter, her mind refreshed as the benefits of a stronger soul came to her quickly, nonetheless that was when the bountiful energy that seemed endless appeared to stop.

Suddenly feeling she had awoke from her daze she found that the previously pristine Pearl in her hands had crushed into dust from her use.

“Well done Ava, you are now a Tier 2 Mage.” Althaea said happily with a beaming smile on her face.

The others quickly went to congratulate her as the realisation had sunk in.

‘Finally I am now a Tier 2 Mage.’ She mumbled with a big smile as the boat began rocking even more intensely, it looked like the ship has now left the port and it was time to head to Kaldor.

However this time she had progressed once again, she was no longer a Tier 1 Mage, but a Tier 2, that was highly impressive for her age even at Karmose Academy that was famed for containing the brightest young Mages in the four continents.

‘I can’t let this distract me. I still need to solve the problem of soul cultivation. I must train the hardest I can whilst on this ship, with there being no distractions I can make great progress by the time we reach Kaldor.’ Ava was hopeful, she was now finally in a quiet place for a while where she can continue to grow stronger. 

 

7