Chapter 8 ‘Your life is not your own👍’
1.2k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Ignavus>

<Ignavus>

A little girl stood outside two massive white gates.

'How did it come to this?'

Ignavus had yet to fully come to terms with his current situation. Everything had happened too fast.

'Why am I forced to meet it again?'

Ignavus still remembered the injuries caused by that damn beast. He checked his body once more.

'I still can't believe how well my arms are responding to my movements'

If he had turned to the healers back at home with the type of damage he had at the end of the fight, he would have been lucky to still even move his arms.

'That beast got some crazy powerful magic...'

Ignavus turned and looked at the demon that stood behind him. Waiting.

'How can she dare to look so innocent after what she put me through?'

Ignavus still remembered the demon's ruthlessness and shivered slightly. She had kept on abusing this body's weakness. Whenever Ignavus showed any signs of resistance, she would begin to reach for his tail, and despite knowing she would, Ignavus was never fast enough to stop her from grabbing it. The time in the bath was the worst in particular.

At first, he refused to enter until she threatened to grip his tail. Then, after he had finally entered, he thought she would leave him alone. She instead removed her clothes and insisted on helping him. There were two simple reasons he refused. First, Ignavus was planning to try escaping while alone; second, he was a bloody, grown man who didn't need help with washing. When he tried explaining the second reason to the maid, she laughed at him. Like he told the greatest joke ever. She then repeated that she was going to help, and not allowing her would count as defiance. He, of course, refused.

So, her 'helping' included holding him down, yanking his tail and scrubbing everywhere, even in places he repeatedly yelled at her not to touch.

He had never felt his personal space violated to this degree. He couldn't even properly look the maid in the eye anymore after that.

"You shouldn't keep the mistress waiting. She was beyond excited to see you after she heard you woke.” (M)

A smile bloomed on her face.

'Damn terrifying...'

'How did she even communicate with her?'

Ignavus was trying to distract his thoughts from what seemed to be his inevitable meeting. His body started trembling just thinking of having to face it again.

"Don't be so nervous! Don't overthink this meeting; just talk!" (M)

She said this as she gave a not-so-kind push towards the now-opening gates.

'Easy for you to say, she did not turn your body into a training dummy!'

Ignavus’ tail began to sway side by side the closer they got.

'There really is no escape... If I try to run, that evil maid is going to drag me back by the tail

He fixed his gaze on the tail in question.

'Why did this stupid thing have to be so sensitive!?'

A lament he has had since first ever experiencing its curse. Ignavus still couldn't feel his mana circuits and although his current body seemed slightly more physically capable than his last, against something empowered by mana that meant nothing. He knew his escape was not realistic, but anything would be better than being forced to meet the Golden Queen again.

The room they entered was large. White and golden pillars numbering eight on each side could be seen. The room was completely bare. No guards. No workers. Nothing.
Despite this, the room felt full. One presence was dominating it, making it suffocating.
On a white throne sat a beauty. Her massive body commands respect.
It was the Golden Queen.

"What took you so long?" (G.Q)

Ignavus could feel his heart beating rapidly.

Marie bowed.

"My apologies, my mistress. The lady had a few incidents.” (M)

'Why did she say that?!'

Feeling the gaze of the queen focus on him. He temporarily froze before quickly bowing.

"I was confused..." (I)

'Damn it!! Why do I have to grovel before a monster? I am the great hero! What nonsense is this? What did I do to deserve such a fate!? I shouldn't be bowing!'

Despite thinking all this, his face firmly remained facing the ground.

"Thinking about it... I never named you, did I? What should I call you?" (G.Q)

'Name me!? I am not a dog!!'

"How about Navy? Yes, that fits you." (G.Q)

"Sure, whatever you say..." (I)

"Whatever?" (G.Q)

'Why did I say that?'

The queen stood from her throne and began walking towards him.

'I really shouldn't have said that!'

Hearing the queen walk towards him was the straw that finally made him lose his composure. Following his very basic instincts, he made a dash for the door, only to be tripped by a white lizard tail. The tail wrapped around his own before lifting him into the air.

"Where do you think you are going, young lady?" (G.Q)

"Do you plan on running off after mouthing out like that?" (G.Q)

"N-No! I-I was just making sure the gates closed after we entered so you would be safe from…" (I)

Ignavus was not the best liar, but he always believed he was far from the worst. He lied often to his men, to army command, and even to his mentors. He was well versed in the art of making up shit on the spot. So even he didn't understand or expect the utter nonsense he just spoke.

The queen pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Did you just lie to me?" (G.Q)

"..."

"Sorry..."(I)

"Mistress, please remember the lady lacks any proper training." (M)

"True, it'll be a while until she is really fun to play with, but such disrespect still requires consequences." (G.Q)

With Ignavus still hanging by the tail, the queen walked back to the throne and sat. Leaning slightly forward.

"If I may suggest my mistress, we lesser races sometimes beat our offspring to show them who is the stronger party. It helps build a sense of respect in the child." (M)

'What the hell are you suggesting?'

"Really?" (G.Q)

"Yes, all you have to do is place the lady on your lap, then lift up her dress in order to expose her rear. After that, tap the rear repeatedly enough to inflict pain but not enough to leave marks." (M)

The queen placed Ignavus on her lap.

'This isn't happening!!'

But no matter how hard he tried to struggle; His tail was already caught. He could hardly move.

Wailing could be heard coming from the throne room. A little girl was crying.

40