Chapter 14 ‘Unwanted contact’
1k 7 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Cura>

In a small cave hidden deep underground, a creature could be seen asleep.

Its chest periodically rising. It was laid on the bare cold ground. Indifferent to the small creatures roaming around it.

Suddenly it jerked awake, causing said creatures to quickly scurry away.

An expression of boredom could be seen on the creature's face.

'I am so sick of sleeping.'

When Cura had come down here for a long and deserving rest, the last thing she thought would happen was boredom plaguing her mind.

'I guess fixing my troublesome sister's messes was actually quite fun...'

Taking a stand. Cura stretched out her limbs.

'I really need to get a new pass time. Hopefully I slept long enough for something new to be invented...'

Stealing glances at the room Cura thought,

'This is much smaller than I remember the cave being. That seems like a good sign'

Letting out a sigh, Cura started to try and establish a connection.

'Hopefully she's moved on from the whole imprisoning thing...'

Feeling it go through, she let out a smile. Her little sister would always pick up.

{What do you want} (G.Q)

'Still sounds mad'

{Do I need a reason to check on my favourite person?} (C)

{Yes. I am too busy managing my 'unruly' and 'wild' self to have time to waste} (G.Q)

'Sounds like someone is in a really bad mood'

As far as she can remember, her sister always had a dignified, uncaring, wildness about her. Cura had tried to tame her wild side on numerous occasions but had clearly failed, as evidenced by the multiple disasters she caused. Her little sister had trouble sitting still.

{I have just woken from the best rest of my life and was wondering if there was anything fun to do?} (C)

A short silence followed.

If the one thing these sisters had in common, it was their love for fun. The only difference being, Cura placing limits on herself.

{Busy yourself elsewhere. I have matters to take care of.} (G.Q)

Feeling her sister starting to cut the connection, only one thought swam in her mind.

'I wonder what she's done this time to feel the need to hide it.'

{See you soon then} (C)

{Don't dare-} (G.Q)

Ending the connection, Cura started circulating her mana. A golden aura of splendour appeared around her. Not too dissimilar to her own sister.

'This is bound to be fun'

 

<Golden Queen>

Sat on a white throne a Yalery could be seen.

An aura was starting to leak from it and spread around the room.

"Mistress, kindly. Your aura is leaking."(M)

Her ever-loyal maid was standing by her side with a concerned look.

"Is something wrong, Mistress?"(M)

"It appears my sister has invited herself over once more."(G.Q)

"Arrange her usual area."(G.Q)

"Ofcourse Mistress"(M)

Standing and heading to the bath house located in her castle, she couldn't stop her left eye from twitching.

'I swear if Navy picks up any of her lazy habits...'

The queen didn't finish the thought as she made her way.

 

<Ignavus>

Ignavus was sat on the cold, white, marble looking floor. Staring at the bird sat on his bed.

"Are you not tired? OH! If you're not let's play a game! I don't know many games though- But I'm sure you do! How about 'Shove and Rough' or 'Slime Sam' or-"(V)

"Shut up dumb bird! Just because I have to entertain your nonsense doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't care for your games. I am not some immature child!"(I)

Ignavus still hadn't forgotten the hell that bird had put him through. The fact he was tolerating being in the same room as him, was already proving to be difficult.

"There's not even enough space to play those silly games you mentioned"(I)

Ignavus glanced at the mostly bare room. The room was large if you were only counting height wise, medium if you considered its length but width wise, it did not leave a lot of room for movement.

"If space is the problem, why don't we just go outside?"(V)

"If I was able to just leave the room however I wanted, I wouldn't be stuck with you."(I)  

The bird got up and started waddling to Ignavus.

"If you come any closer, I'll blast you to dust!"(I)

"How? I don't sense any mana from you?"(V)

'He just had to go there...'

If Ignavus was to believe what his "mother" said, his body couldn't yet produce mana on its own. He really was like a child in that regard. Most kids bodies don't start producing mana until they hit puberty.

'Wait, is that even a thing for Yalery?' 

Seeing the birds massive form approach him Ignavus moved right and away from the door.

The bird pressed its beak against the door which resulted in its opening. Marie had left the door slightly open.

"You coming?"(V)

Ignavus took a second to realise what had just happened.

'An opportunity... Things are finally starting to look up!!'

"Ofcourse I am coming! Say what game did you want to play?"(I)

 

Ignavus was really starting to regret leaving his room.

"Are we lost?"(V)

He had made many mistakes. The first one was not ditching this bird back there. The bird's massive talons made a horrible loud noise whenever he hopped about. The only reason they hadn't been caught is because there appeared to be no guards. He had hoped the bird knew how to get out of this place, but had learned too late that it was worthless.

"I already told you no. I'm sure the exit should be nearby"(I)

Ignavus at least hoped so. They had been walking around for at least 3 hours. Gone up and down stairs, Rounded corners and through many hallways. He had truly lost track of where they even began, and he was starting to feel really tried. This was his second mistake. He should have taken a nap before heading. He was sure his tiredness was also to blame for getting them lost.

Footsteps echoed from the opposite end of the hallway. Something was coming and it sounded heavy. Ignavus shoved Vultur behind the left wall.

"Don't make a sound"(I)

He whispered.

Ignavus's heart was beating rapidly in his chest.

'I can't let them catch me after trying an escape... I doubt they'll forgive this...' 

A light appeared at the other end of the hallway.

"Who covered all the windows?! I can't even tell where I am going!"

'That's a good sign. If they can't see in the darkness there is no way that's a Yalery.'

The light suddenly went off and an ominous voice spoke behind them.

"What do we have here?"

 

Should I increase the other POVs besides Ignavus?
  • Yes Votes: 3 11.5%
  • It's fine the way it is Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Nah Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Feelings of hate would be felt if you did Votes: 3 11.5%
  • idc Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 26 · This poll was closed on Sep 10, 2023 04:12 PM.
33