Chapter 37 ‘Mother and Father dearest’
725 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Teen>

Standing outside the silver gates three children could be seen.

'We're finally home!'

Their journey had been tough and filled with a few.... a lot of setbacks but they had finally made it. Alive and well.

'Alive and well...'

Teen gazed at Gol and Navy then grimaced. They were both dirty, stinky and looked worse for wear.  Their clothes were torn, lightly singed and rather filthy. 

'I can't let mother and father see us like this...'

They found Navy like their father had instructed them and even escorted her back, but... her condition could be better. Teen didn't feel the need to inform her parents of the trivial troubles they had gotten in.

'Right, we just quickly sneak her in. Get her fixed up then meet up'

All she needed to do was convince those two idiots.

"Okay guys, let's hop the gate"(T) 

"What!? Why?! I thought this was your home?! Why don't you just call a guard or something?"(N)

"Come on, let's just head in. I'm too tired for that nonsense"(G)

'That fool...'

Teen grabbed her brother's hand and leaned closer into his ear before speaking in a hurried whispered tone,

"What will mom and dad think if we show up with her looking like this!"(T)

Gol took a glance at Navy before nodding his head in agreement. Navy might still look cute, but it was evident that she had been through a rather rough situation.

Unlike her brother, Navy would not be so easily convinced, but a little shoving should suffice.

Clearing her throat Teen spoke up,

"Ahem...we have come to an understanding that it would be in our best interest to sneak in. I'll explain once we get where we are going..."(T)

"Oh, come on! Just tell me what's up! Do you not live here or something? Are we breaking in?"(N)

"No, we definitely live here. It's just that the situation is a bit complicated..."(T)

Seeing that Navy was about to open up her mouth and rebuff her, Teen quickly added,

"I seem to recall someone promising that they would listen to me, or at least, accept my plans since I'm just trying to get us back safe..."(T)

The fight that appeared to be building within Navy showed signs of waning before she gave in and asked,

"Are you sure this is absolutely necessary Teen? Like everything we worked for will fail if we don't hop this fence kind of necessary?"(N)

Navy's voice sounded vulnerable if not a little defeated. It was obvious that the journey had taken its toll on her. The gates weren't high and were mainly there for decor but, for someone as small and weak as Navy she would struggle.

"Y-yes, absolutely necessary!"(T)

Guilt was starting to gnaw at Teen's gut. Navy was trusting her, and she was taking it for granted.

'I'll make it up to her once we sort this mess, I swear!'

Even with her vow in her heart the awful feeling that pervaded Teen's heart didn't go away.

 

The halls were strangely quiet. Not a single maid or guard could be found. Teen should have known something was off the moment she didn't see any guards at the gates. There were always guards at the gate.

'Where is everyone?'

The lack of guards did put her a little off at the start, but it made the plan much easier. Although a little weird Teen was willing to excuse the odd circumstances, her parents were known eccentrics after all. She wouldn't put it past them to make everyone leave for some peace and quiet.

'We'll just investigate after we clean-up a bit'

They had finally made it to the door of their room. Teen slowly twisted the handle open as if she expected someone to jump out at them. Despite the lack of people, they had been still sneaking around. You can never be too safe.

The door opened to reveal a massive white room. One that was extravagantly decorated and donned with fabulous furniture. Two queen-sized beds were visible from the door, each occupying their respective side of the room. The walls of that were connected to the door acting as cabinets leaving the opposite side free to let light in.

Teen hurried both Gol and Navy in before shutting the door.

"Okay let's quickly grab clothes to change in. Navy come with me"(T)

"Wh-what?"(N)

Teen grabbed Navy's hand before leading her to the left side of the room.

"Is this really the necessary-"(N)

Letting go of Navy's hand Teen opened her cabinet in a dramatic fashion while motioning to her clothes.

"Feel free to pick anything you like!"(T)

Navy stared wide eyed at the collection of clothes. Teen had an impressive collection. From shorts to skirts, from dresses to pants, Teen had it all.

"Anything? Like anything I want? Like I can wear whatever I want!?"(N)

"Uh... yea!?"(T)

Navy's excitement caught Teen a little off guard. Teen knew it was an impressive collection, but for a princess, she bet Navy had something far more impressive.

Navy seemed to gaze at the variety of clothes with hungry eyes before asking Teen in a very subdued tone,

"Are you just allowed to wear whatever you want?"(N)

'What kind of question is that?' 

"I mean, yeah? Usually, Are you not?"(T)

"I am of course! Only babies wouldn't be able to! Stop asking such odd questions..."(N)

'Okay then...'

Navy cleared her throat before posing a small question to Teen,

"So, in theory, if I were to pick a pair of shorts you wouldn't say anything?"(N)

"Yep!"(T)

Navy started grinning madly before quickly regaining control of her face.

"Oh, cool then"(N)

Navy searched Teen's cabinet for a couple of minutes. Trying to find her perfect fit. Though she was only looking at the short, shirts and pants. The clothes which happened to be the newest collection in Teen's wardrobe. The clothes least likely to fit her. Teen kept trying to redirect her to the dresses which were older, smaller and more likely to fit her, but Navy rejected all of them without ever looking at them.

"These are perfect!"

Navy had finally picked out something. A white plain shirt and shorts that matched. Both Teen and Gol heaved out sighs of relief after she had finally made her choice. They had wasted enough time picking outfits to change into.

"Finally, let's head to the baths"(G)

Navy's cheerful attituded plummeted the moment those words left Gol's mouth.

"What's up Navy?"(G)

"Nothing, I just don't particularly-"(N)

Navy stopped mid-sentence before seemingly coming to a realisation. 

"They're not here, they're not here!!"(N)

A ridiculously charming smile bloomed on Navy's face.

'How can something be so cute!!'

It felt almost unfair.

"What are we waiting for?!"(N)

While clutching her newly picked out clothes, Navy rushed towards the door and ripped it open.

What greeted her was a wall of sliver white feathers.

"What the-?"(N)

The wall tackled Navy into the room. The confusion about what happened to Navy quickly disappeared when both Teen's parents appeared in the now empty doorway. Unamused expressions were worn on their faces.

'So close'

28