Chapter 40 ‘The Daughter Dilemma’
663 7 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Golden Queen>

Inside a gigantic stadium a large crowd was gathered. Diverse was the only word that could describe them. From tiny trolls to huge Bearman. No being was alike. These creatures from different walks of life gathered and had so for only one reason.

Peace.

A radiant figure was sat on a golden throne, drawing eyes from all the on lookers.

The neutral expression that played on her face hiding her internal frustrations.

'That girl...'

The Golden Queen was stuck watching the actions of her daughter play out. Trying her best to not interfere. It seemed the original goal her sister had set was reached. Her Navy had made some little friends. Little friends that were mortals. A problem within itself but not the reason for the Queen's current frustrations. It appeared that her little girl had forgotten all those lessons in etiquette the moment she was out of sight. 

'Have I been too soft on her?'

The Queen could only fault her lack of proper teaching as the reason. Her Navy had been with her long enough that the lessons should have stuck.

'Was the incentive not enough?'

The Queen had come to learn how best to get her Navy to respond. First, there was the most obvious and direct method.

Fear.

Something her Navy was always very quick to crumble at the slightest use of. Something that was effective but left a foul taste in the mouth. Something the Queen was becoming increasingly reluctant to use.

‘I did make an option two for a reason…’

Option two was simple blackmail. The Queen still had the tainted soul once residing within her beloved daughter. A bargaining tool that seemed to be losing its effectiveness. It appeared her daughter was on the cusp of giving up on the idea of succeeding.

Gazing at the crowd that looked to her in wonder, she continued to let her thoughts drift,

‘What to do?’

Despite thinking this the Queen already had a plan. She had seen the way Navy acted around those close in her age. From Vultur to the little demon girl Teen. Whenever Navy would interact with them, her behavior would change. Granted, it was not exactly in the way the Queen wanted, but it did prove something. Even Navy, with her stubbornness was not immune to public opinion.

Getting up from her self-made Golden throne, the Queen made her way from the panel high above.

Seeing her move many of the gathered leaders reached for the weapons. Soldiers readied themselves for the inevitable.

‘My, what empty threats’

Projecting her voice, the Queen let out a smile that made lesser minds drop their weapons.

“In light of the peace this new day brings. I would like to formally invite any interested parties to come join me and celebrate my dear daughter’s debut into the world. I shall hold this celebration a week from now”(G.Q)

Simple and elegant. The way a Yalery should be.

The Queen had finally decided to make her way back home. Almost all of the arrangements regarding the peace had been made. There was no longer a reason to stay.

‘Truly, parenting is hard’

 

<White >

White thinks she might finally understand something.

The reason.

The event that triggered the end of the war.

A child. The child.

‘A new enemy’

White knelt and quickly picked up the weapon laid next to her before others recovered. People stood with their mouths' agape. Still processing what the monster had said. The opportunity it presented.

No one, not even a child, was unfamiliar with the gifts of destiny. Gifts bestowed by Yalery kind. Gifts that are said to change the destiny of anyone lucky enough to receive them. They are often thought to grant powers second only to the Yalery gifting it.

‘Greedy bastards’

White took a glance at the gathered leaders and could only shake her head in disdain. The greed on their face was evident but well hidden. They were all to willing to vie for the attention of a being, that not too long ago, was eager to kill them.

White could only watch quietly as the leaders of the nation sell the people out once again for their own personal gain. Grinding her teeth only one thought pervaded her mind.

‘This is going to change’

And change it was. White had not been idle ever since returning to the Capital. She had merely been biding her time looking for the opportune moment to strike down her enemies. Even though she was driven, hard-working and dedicated. Certain challenges simply required time to conquer. Something she felt she was increasingly running out of.

White’s most pressing challenge was convincing the general populace that change was even needed. The propaganda produced by the United Forces of Afia central government was a force to be reckoned with. The general populace was ignorant and happily so. All believing the government’s sweet lies.

The U.F.A had painted itself as a benevolent entity. An entity that wouldn’t even push the demons for humiliating concessions. White couldn’t believe there was a time she had wholeheartedly believed that drivel. If a person stopped and thought for just a second, they would see through this nonsense. How could a Yalery ever lose? The definition of strength.

The answer was simple. They didn’t, but it is hard for one sane person to convince three mad ones they are crazy.

What White currently really needed was hard evidence. Evidence none could refute or misconstrue. Evidence that would be so aptly provided by this surprise event.

‘Guess I am seeing the daughter of the famous Yalery’

White couldn’t help but grimace at the prospect. She was the reigning hero, her attendance was all but guaranteed.

‘I wonder what kind of monster I’ll face’

26