14. Client Visit – III
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is not the first time I find myself in the Manager's Bay, a special area located at the heart of the sprawling production floor, reserved exclusively for the higher management personnel of the company. This area is primarily dedicated to the Call Center Manager and the Assistant Center Manager. Other departments, such as Quality Assurance, Training, and Services Managers, have their own separate offices but often convene in the Management Bay during meetings, strategic planning sessions, high-priority cases, and escalations. Slightly further from the Management Bay, one can find the conference and guest rooms, where clients who wish to observe how MagicPerformax operates are accommodated.

As we enter the room, my attention is drawn to three figures, one man and two women, all dressed in the distinctive MagicPerformax uniform. They perform a slight bow in acknowledgment of the Dragon Priestess's presence.

"It is an honor to have you here, Dragon Priestess.” the man announces, and Lydia steps forward to provide context.

"They wanted to welcome you personally.” Lydia says with a brisk smile as the three figures approach to shake Ta’ul’s hands. “These three are members of our Customer Assurance Team, responsible for handling the requests of the Crimson Enclave, those brave heroes exploring new worlds."

"Ah, I see," Ta'ul responds with delight. "If you could perhaps identify the heroes they've worked with, I will inform them, and maybe they can also pay a visit to the Call Center."

"Indeed, Ta'ul, but due to strict company policies, we are not permitted to disclose customer information. The government has tightened regulations, especially with the emergence of new work opportunities in the new worlds. These heroes have become somewhat assertive," Lydia remarks, casting a meaningful glance towards TL Ava, who nods in understanding.

"Rest assured, MagicPerformax is committed to addressing customer concerns, Miss Ta'ul. You can trust that we have your back." He then says, as if trying to keep the confidence in the company.

"And I have confidence in you, or else I wouldn't be here," Ta'ul affirms, as one of the Customer Assurance Team members offers her a chair.

Lydia then raises a matter of concern. "We haven't received any advanced notice, Dragon Priestess. Frankly, this seems quite sudden."

"Yes," Ta'ul confirms while also taking a seat, slowly revealing her arms beneath her robes. I notice her arms are adorned with what appear to be intricate runes, a sight I vaguely recall from my training in knowledge and services, though I can't quite place the significance.

"A rogue guild attempted to disrupt our exploration line and cursed my own party," Ta'ul reveals, her words hanging heavily in the room. TL Ava stands up, his eyes fixed on the runes adorning Ta'ul's arms.

"It's... not an ordinary spell," he mumbles to Lydia as she also rises from her chair.

"If I may, Dragon Priestess," Lydia inquires, and Ta'ul extends her arm, revealing the full extent of the runes spiraling from her palm and fingers. I notice the CAT members intently observing the markings.

"To make an assumption, Dragon Priestess, when you mentioned a curse, are you considering this not as a magical affliction but rather a technological one?" Lydia asks as Ta'ul retracts her arm.

"If that was the case, I wouldn’t be here and we wouldn't be having this conversation," Ta'ul responds sharply. "This is a phenomenon unfamiliar to most heroes, Lydia. This curse has incapacitated most of my comrades, preventing them from transforming into their draconic forms, including myself. This has put us in quite a predicament as the kingdom we discovered is hostile.”

"So it's not a conventional spell," TL Ava confirms as he approaches closer. "Could it be a corrupted code deployment? There are numerous possibilities to consider. I'll need to cross-reference our resources, but if—"

"We should refrain from involving the teams that are helping the other parties of my enclave.” Ta'ul interjects, standing up.

"Of course, Dragon Priestess. As one of MagicPerformax's esteemed clients, your requests will be accommodated. However, regarding the handling of your case, do you have a preference?" Lydia inquires.

"I believe I should be the one helping her out.” TL Ava proposes. "Given the potential technological nature of this issue, it would be prudent to—"

"May I offer a suggestion on behalf of TL Willingford?" I interject, causing Chelsea's TL to shoot me a piercing glare.

"Certainly, Mr. Avelus," Lydia acknowledges, and I notice a small smile forming on Ta'ul's face. "Please, share your thoughts."

"Well, based on my observations earlier, I believe it would be best if my TL were to assist with this case. She has already established a working relationship with our client, making the process smoother. Additionally, with her experience in handling technical issues, she would be the most suitable candidate to assist our client."

The room falls into a deep silence, punctuated by TL Ava's stern glare and the scrutinizing looks from the CAT team members.

"It's... just a suggestion," I stammer, attempting to explain my rationale. "I proposed it because ultimately, customer satisfaction is our top priority."

"Customer satisfaction is our gold standard," Lydia concludes with a reassuring smile. "I believe this approach aligns with our commitment to addressing this unique case. I trust the Dragon Priestess would agree?"

"It would be an honor to work with Alliana once more," Ta'ul remarks while slightly bowing her head toward Lydia.

"Indeed, but with this unique case, a collaborative effort would likely yield the best results," Lydia proposes, turning to TL Ava.

"I apologize, Lydia, but what exactly are you suggesting?" TL Ava asks, clearly seeking clarification.

"A collaborative effort, TL Ava. I want you and TL Willingford to work together in resolving the Dragon Priestess’ case.”

2