15. Documentation and Assurance – I
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You can’t be serious, Lydia…

Is what TL Ava wants to say but he merely looks at Lydia in complete disbelief at what just happened and while I don’t blame him, this cooperation between the two TL’s tackling on a potential tech case could yield the best results. That or sending in the CAT or Esca but that would be going against the client’s wishes.

"I've heard quite a bit about TL Ava," the Dragon Priestess begins. "I understand that your White Providence, or at least that's what they were called, played a pivotal role in exterminating threats and providing suppressive fire for retreating parties when they faced challenges from villages that were overrun with demons. These mighty metal creatures certainly left their mark."

“Yes. It is MagicPerformax at its finest.” Lydia declares, beaming with price as TL Ava merely shakes his head in response.

“I was doing my duty.” He immediately responds while lowering his head towards Ta’ul.

“Then I would expect you and Alliana to help out with this affliction that me and my fellow heroes are facing.” Ta’ul says, a tone of high expectation in her voice.

Indeed.” Lydia affirms in agreement. “TL Ava and TL Willingford will gather all the necessary details regarding your case, Dragon Priestess. If needed be, they will go out and conduct field work to the site on where you first experienced this affliction. Given the various potential causes, we require an approach that will yield the most effective solution. This is not only for the sake of our company but also for the well-being of our valued clients.”

As Lydia and Ta’ul continue their discussion, TL Ava requests a moment to leave beforehand begins to lay out initial plans for the upcoming work. After obtaining the necessary approval, the two of us step out of the room together. The glass door closes quietly behind us, and TL Ava places a hand on my shoulder.

"SME Avelus," he addresses me, his tone serious, "please let your TL know that we'll need to meet at the cafeteria later to discuss our plans. This is a sensitive case involving one of MagicPerformax's most valued clients, and we absolutely cannot afford any slip-ups."

"Of course, TL Ava," I reply promptly, nodding in acknowledgment. "I believe he's still engaged in a conversation with the Violent Cus—"

"I'm here, Vaughn," Alliana's voice cuts in from across the operations floor, her signature grin visible even from a distance. "Also, TL Ava, if you're attempting to intimidate my SME, you might want to put in more effort. Vaughn isn't—"

"I need you at the cafeteria within the next 45 minutes, TL Alliana," TL Ava interrupts, his tone firm. "Your SME will brief you on the specifics. Punctuality is expected."

"Understood, TL Ava," Alliana acknowledges. She then adds, her tone light and teasing, "And do consider trying some of that strawberry ice cream they're offering. It's supposedly complimentary for TLs, and it might help cool off your temper."

With a parting glare, TL Ava heads back to his team's bay. Alliana lets out a chuckle in response. "Ah, that man... always so quick to react, especially when he feels challenged. Remember how friendly he was during our first conversation? Just when I’m about to report about that case where his SME gave an inappropriate solution?”

"Yeah, he's not usually like this," I agree. "But we've got a situation to address, TL.” I tell Alliana as her smirk slightly fades.

I guess it's related to Ta'ul's unexpected visit. For her to come here in person... Let's continue the discussion at my desk."

After recounting the details of the earlier discussion, Alliana leans back in her chair and opens the laptop placed beside her.

"Runes, huh? If it's code corruption, there should be traces of it at the point of deployment. Did TL Ava inquire about where Ta'ul first encountered it?" she asks.

"I don't believe so, TL. The Dragon Priestess did show us her arms, which were covered in these strange runes. Given the way she described the situation, it's possible that it's affecting her body as well," I respond.

"That's a valid assumption, Vaughn. If it's a severe case of code corruption, it could indeed be lethal. Did she mention anything else?" Alliana inquires.

"It's affecting her and her party's ability to assume their draconic forms," I explain.

"I see. Then it's not a typical case of code corruption. It could be the result of an injected bacteria. The method of administration could vary, potentially through aerosol or a more specific delivery method, especially if it's impacting their ability to transform," she elaborates.

"Wouldn't that be similar to code corruption, TL?" I ask, seeking clarification.

"Yes, it has some similarities, Vaughn, but it would progress much more rapidly. Code corruption essentially attempts to restructure an individual's genetic makeup. It's a complex concept, and you'd likely delve deeper into it if you were to specialize in a tech-related field. To put it simply, if it was indeed code corruption, Ta'ul wouldn't have survived the journey from the Crimson Enclave to our office. So, I suspect it's something more specific," Alliana explains.

"I understand. Sometimes, I wish you had been in that conference room," I admit, and she stands up, patting my back.

"Don't worry, Vaughn. Knowledge comes with experience. Now, let's go meet that grumpy TL, shall we? I'm quite curious to see him enjoying his strawberry ice cream halfway through," she says with a mischievous grin.

"Come on, TL. I think TL Ava is just being serious about the case." I sigh while she shakes her head.

"Yeah but he could loosen out a bit but then again, as someone who invented that weapon of mass destruction, White Providence then I guess seriousness fits him well but still, let's try and catch him enjoying that strawberry ice cream. Would be a good picture to take and send to the social media team for the year-end party."

1