20. Employee Upskill – IV
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[XX Years Ago] 

"Outstanding job, TL Liese and TL Willingford. I didn't expect such seamless collaboration in resolving the customer's concern. This demonstrates that agents from both the Techtrae and Arcanae divisions can work harmoniously together!"

The entire team erupted in applause, filling the operations floor with a resounding cheer as they acknowledged the two young Team Leaders, Harmony and Alliana. From promising SMEs to becoming some of the company's most capable leaders, it seemed like there were no limits to their potential.

"Exceptional work, Harmony," Alliana said, offering a warm smile as she shook her close friend's hand. "The client was practically in tears when we finally resolved his issue."

"We made a great team on this, Alliana," Harmony responded with an even brighter smile, reciprocating the handshake. "Your automation skills are truly impressive. It's no wonder so many clients have left us 5-star ratings. Your team's performance is rock solid too."

"Well, as we always say, it's all in a day's work, right?"

"Absolutely! I hope we can continue working together like this for years to come," Harmony said, suddenly embracing Alliana.

"Of course, Harmony. It's so enjoyable working alongside you."

...

"Your pursuit of knowledge has never changed, Harmony." Alliana says with a sigh while helping me stand up. "But if this is going to end up with employees getting hurt, I wouldn't allow it." 

"I respect your decision, TL Willingford." Harmony answers with a small smile while turning towards me small bow. "My apologies, SME. The Ruina Thesis is still in its early ages and the reason that I had shown it to you both was in the hopes that the new agents who will take hold of this specialization would be able to control its power, channel it and use it to help our clients." 

"I'm...I'm sor-" I tried apologizing but Allliana covers my mouth and pulls me close to her. "You don't need to say sorry, Vaughn. Now, would be able to move to the next specialization, Harmony?" She then asks. 

"Of course. If you two would follow me, this would the last specialization that's currently an open thesis." She then starts explaining as the door opens in front of her.  Looking at her hands that caught the axe, I notice that it as already been healed and the axe from earlier has morphed back to the demon, its hands back in chains." 

...

A few doors away from our previous location, we entered a room that resembled a classroom. Chairs and tables were neatly stacked to the sides, and a young man in a MagicPerformax uniform stood in the center. Harmony closed the door behind us and, with a flick of her fingers, the man turned around and greeted us with a smile.

"TL Willingford, Manager Liese," he greeted us briefly.

"Agent Christopher, I have a curious SME interested in the last thesis our hall has to offer," Harmony said. "Would you mind giving us a brief demonstration of the Acedia Thesis?"

"Certainly, Manager Liese," Agent Christopher responded in a businesslike tone. "But for me to showcase its full capabilities, would TL Willingford join me for a brief demonstration?"

"Eh, me?" Alliana blinked in surprise at the sudden invitation. "I'm not sure how I'll be able to help-!"

Suddenly, streaks of purple and green lightning filled the area, prompting Alliana to grab my arm and jump away.

"Oh, shoot. Are those anti-tech electric fields?" She snapped at Harmony, who let out a snicker.

"It's been a while since we had some fun, Alliana. I think the Acedia Thesis will remind you of the old times."

"You sneaky rascal. If I get out of this without a scratch, I'll go and unhook your bra as punishment... Vaughn, I need you to work with me on this," Alliana said, turning to me as more streaks of electricity followed us and Harmony continues to laugh, streaks of red and pink filling her cheeks. 

"I'm at your service, TL, but how am I supposed to help in this situation?"

"Like I said, I just need you to follow me. If you're lucky, I'll let you unhook Harmony's br-"

"TL!"

1