Chapter 268 Priorities Part 2 Z
28 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"These are exquisite, my Lord. I've never seen anything like them. But you mentioned a cradle of life. What exactly is that?" asked Valna

 

Zero smiled, producing a small, blood-red egg-shaped object on the table. "This is a cradle of life. I created it by melding my power over creation with a spell I found in Dracula's castle. The spell is called devil forging which allows one to create a demon familiar. I've used the cradle before, but there were a few issues."

 

Valna examined the blood-red egg with intrigue. "Issues? What happened?"

 

Zero explained, "The cradle of life, in its original form, can create a living creature if a soul and mana are fed into it. However, what I want to create are not living creatures but a living familiar bound to its master and able to grow stronger. However, it can’t create a spirit, so Yoko and I designed a new cradle just for this purpose." He pointed to a space where another egg appeared, this one clear and translucent, glowing with a soft blue hue.

 

"This new cradle is specifically designed for creating elemental spirits. It took us a few days to perfect it. If our calculations are right by inserting the elemental crystal, like the ones you created, a memory, and a soul into this cradle. The magic within the crystal, along with the essence of the soul, will intertwine to give birth to an elemental spirit. The elemental spirit that will be born will be shaped by the crystal and the memory. Once they’ve been inserted they must be placed in an area filled with their element to incubate and feed on once born." explained Zero

 

“Why a memory thought? That seems weird.” asked a confused Valna

 

“Because without it it will just be a floating ball of mana without any instinct other than to feed endlessly with reason. The memory with shape its form and give it the instincts needed to not only feed but evolve and grow.” explained Zero

 

"So, a memory is like a blueprint for the elemental spirit," Valna summarized, trying to grasp the concept.

 

Zero nodded in agreement. "Bingo. The memory is a very crucial element in this process. It ensures that the elemental spirit is not just a formless mass of mana but a being with purpose and direction. Now, we have the cradle, the elemental crystals, and soon I’ll add the memory and soul. Once everything is in place, then I’ll need your help."

 

“My help? It seems like you’ve got everything figured out so what can I do?” asked a confused Valna

 

Zero walked over and grabbed her hand. “Simple when the process is complete the egg still won’t hatch. For it to hatch it needs to be incubated meaning we have to place the egg in a place filled with the spirit’s element. Such as placing the fire crystal in a volcano or such. So I want you to take the complete cradles and place them in such places and wait till they hatch.”

 

Valna looked at the translucent blue egg, a sense of exasperation settling in. "So basically you wish to create the catalyst whilst I take care of the rest. I suppose I should feel appreciative being a part of this, right my Lord?"

 

Zero chuckled at Valna's remark. "Appreciative? Well, you're not exactly wrong there. You're a crucial element in bringing these elemental spirits into the world. Besides neither Yoko nor I can leave here right now."

 

Valna sighed, a mix of resignation and amusement in her expression. "I suppose I can't argue with that. Fine, I'll take these cradles to the designated places once you've completed the elemental spirits. But I have a question, my lord."

 

"Ask away," Zero replied, still holding the translucent blue egg in his hand.

 

Valna hesitated for a moment before continuing, "Why are we doing this? What's the purpose of creating these elemental spirits? Is there some greater goal you have in mind?"

 

Zero's gaze turned thoughtful, and he released Valna's hand. "The creation of elemental spirits is, in a way, an experiment. Yoko and I have been studying the nature of this world’s magic and mana, and we believe that these spirits can help elevate this world. The spirits can act as guardians and slowly nurture this world in our place. It's a step towards filling this world with more mana and elevating the souls of the mortal creatures. I plan to make this world something like a home base for us. All the other divine beings all hold dominion over multiple worlds and we need to start building our own  territory."

 

“Then why don’t we take off these rings suppressing our strength and truly working on controlling this world? If your fears are founded and there is another deity here then we can overpower it. The best strategy is to consolidate our strength quickly,” said Valna

 

Zero rubbed his head in exasperation. “Valna we’re staying lowkey because we don’t know if there are enemies out there and if there are how many. I agree with you but first, we need information. That's why I had our servant go out and look into this world for us while Fenrir and Jörmungandr go look into the current star system we’re at.”

 

Valna nodded, understanding the need for caution. "Information is key, indeed. However, I must express my concern. The steps we've taken to gather information seem slow and will most likely yield nothing. We're essentially hiding and waiting. In my opinion, a more direct and efficient approach might be beneficial. Instead of waiting, we could act."

 

Zero raised an eyebrow, a look of amusement on his face as he waved intrigued by Valna's proposal. "What do you suggest, Valna? Go on I’m listening."

 

Valna took a deep breath before presenting her idea. "We have powerful servants at our disposal. Instead of waiting for information, why not use one of them out into the world as bait? Sacrifice one of our stronger servants to draw out any potential deity or threat. It would be a faster and more direct method. Waiting and hiding only wastes time."

4