Chapter 2
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takumi slowly opened his eyes, groaning in pain as he felt a throbbing headache. He looked around and realized he was in some kind of lab. The walls were white and sterile, and there were machines beeping and whirring in the background.

 

He tried to sit up, but he felt a sharp pain in his chest and he immediately lay back down. That's when he noticed something strange - he looked down and saw that his body was that of a child, around five years old.

 

Confused and scared, he looked around and saw a group of scientists approaching him. They introduced themselves and explained that he was the first successful enhanced human, given the code name Alpha. He couldn't help but feel confused and scared. "Wait, what's going on? What did you do to me?" he asked the scientists surrounding him.

 

One of the scientists, a middle-aged man with thinning hair, turned to him and said, "Oh you’re awake that’s impressive. You have been enhanced, Alpha. You are now the first successful human prototype of our project."

 

Takumi's eyes widened in shock. "Enhanced? Prototype? What are you talking about?" he asked, his voice trembling.

 

The scientist sighed, "Ah it seems your memories suffered a bit under the treatment. Looks like we were right an infant would have a better compatibility with the process. Allow me to refresh you this is a place named The School and here we have been working on a project to create the perfect soldier, one with superior physical and mental capabilities.  And you, Alpha, are our first success. We have given you enhanced strength, speed, and regenerative capabilities, as well as enhanced mental capacity. You should be thanking us for this."

 

Takumi couldn't believe what he was hearing. "But why me? Why did you do this to me?" he asked, feeling a wave of anger and fear wash over him.

 

The scientist looked at him with a mix of pity and admiration. "Because we believe that this is the next step in human evolution. And with you, Alpha, we can create an army of super soldiers to defend our country and the world. Also, it wasn’t you specifically we had many test subjects and you’re the only one who survived so we’ll study you. Be grateful you’ll be the cornerstone in building the next stage of human evolution."

 

Takumi shook his head in disbelief. "This is insane. You can't just experiment on people like this!" he protested.

 

The scientist simply shrugged. "We have a duty to the human race and to protect our country, and sometimes sacrifices must be made. But don't worry Alpha. You will be well taken care of, and you will play an important role in our mission as a valuable research subject."

 

Takumi was shocked and overwhelmed. He didn't know what the implications of being an enhanced human were and the possibility of facing a side effect of these enhancements. He wanted to ask more questions, but before he could, the scientists instructed some assistants to take him away.

 

As he was being wheeled out of the room, he saw the scientists working on implementing the data to make Aurum 1, what seemed to be the next stage of their project. But what really caught his eye was the sight of a baby being brought into the lab. Takumi wondered what kind of future lay ahead for these enhanced children, and what kind of world they were being prepared for.

 

Takumi was about to protest further when he saw the scientists bringing in an infant. "What are you doing with that baby?" he asked.

 

The scientist smiled. "Ah, that's our next project. We're going to create a second prototype, one with even greater enhancements than yours. We're calling it Aurum 1."

 

Takumi felt sick to his stomach as he was wheeled away, wondering what kind of horrors these scientists were planning to unleash on him.

 

Takumi was taken to a small, cramped living quarter that reminded him of a documentary he saw about a prison. The walls were bare, the bed was hard, and the room was dimly lit by a single bulb in the ceiling. As he lay on the bed, he tried to process everything that had happened to him. The words "The School" kept repeating in his mind, and he knew he had heard that phrase before, but he couldn't quite remember where.

 

Suddenly, the door to his cell opened, and in walked Dr. Águila Setme, a female researcher who looked old and decrepit like a walking bag of bones. Takumi was taken aback by her appearance, but he tried to keep his cool as she approached him.

 

"Hello, Alpha," she said, her voice laced with a hint of amusement. "How are you feeling?"

 

Takumi hesitated for a moment before replying. "I'm...I'm okay, I guess. Just a little confused and scared."

 

Dr. Setme nodded sympathetically. "I understand. It can be overwhelming at first. But you'll get used to it. You'll see, this is all for the greater good."

 

Takumi wasn't convinced. "What is this place? And why am I here?"

 

Dr. Setme smiled. "You're in a government facility known as The School. It's a training facility designed for children to become Personal Trooper pilots. But that was a long time ago. Now, we're working on something much bigger and better."

 

Takumi's eyes widened as he realized where he had heard the phrase "The School" before. It was from a game he loved playing called Super Robot Taisen Original Generations. The School was a government program operated by the Earth Federation Army, where children were trained to become soldiers. The training there was extensive physical and mental conditioning while surviving brutal conditions. It was eventually shut down because only a handful out of hundreds of students survived its so-called "graduation".

 

"You mean the training program?" he asked, his voice trembling slightly.

 

Dr. Setme chuckled. "Ah Yes, it seems your memory is improving that good data. Regardless now that you understand follow me it’s time for us to test your limitations."

 

Takumi felt a sinking feeling in his stomach as he realized the gravity of his situation. He was part of a government program that experimented on children and turned them into soldiers. And now, he was one of them.

 

"I...I can't do this," he said, his voice trembling with pain and fear. "I'm not feeling well. Please, let me rest today. Can we do it tomorrow?"

 

Dr. Setme pulled out a remote from her pocket and pressed a button on it. Takumi's body convulsed with intense pain as if he was being electrocuted. He clenched his teeth and tried to bear it, but the pain was too much. After a few seconds, Dr. Setme let go of the button, and Takumi gasped for air, panting heavily.

 

Dr. Setme ignored his plea and instead grabbed him by the arm, and waved the button in front of him. "Enough of this talk, Alpha. You're here for a reason, and it's time for you to start fulfilling your purpose."

 

Takumi stumbled as he followed her out of the cell, his legs weak from the shock. He followed Dr. Setme down a long, dimly lit hallway, his heart racing with anxiety. He had no idea what was going to happen to him, but he knew that it would be the most unpleasant thing he’s ever experienced.

0