Chapter 6
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Takumi was left alone in his room for 24 hours without any new tests or experiments. He welcomed the respite and spent most of the day sleeping and recovering from the previous day's ordeal.

 

As the day wore on, Takumi's thoughts turned to his life before he became a subject in the facility. He thought of his family and friends, wondering what had happened to them. Had they forgotten about him? Did they even know he was still alive?

 

Takumi's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps. He got up from the bed, still feeling sore from yesterday's experiment, and opened the door. It was Dr. Setme.

 

"Alpha, we have a new experiment we want you to participate in," Dr. Setme said.

 

Takumi's heart sank. He had hoped that he would get a longer break from the experiments. "What is it this time?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

 

"We want to test your reaction time," Dr. Setme explained. "You will be shown a series of images and asked to react to them as quickly as possible. It's a simple experiment, but we need to know how fast you can react."

 

Takumi nodded, resigned to his fate. He knew that there was no point in arguing or resisting. He followed Dr. Setme to the testing room, where he was hooked up to various machines and sensors.

 

The experiment began, and Takumi quickly realized that it was anything but simple. The images were coming at him fast and furiously, and he struggled to keep up with them. His mind felt foggy, and his body felt heavy. He could hear the doctors' voices in the background, urging him to do better, to be faster.

 

Takumi's head began to ache, and his vision started to blur. He felt like he was going to pass out. Suddenly, the room started to spin, and he lost his balance. He fell to the ground, his head hitting the cold concrete floor.

 

Dr. Koch walked over to him, looking unconcerned. "Hmm, Alpha fainted. It looks like it’s a bit too early to do such instensive mental conditioning. Should we hold off for another year?" Dr. Koch asked.

 

“No need rather we should push him harder. If he can’t take it and breaks then we still have Aurum 1. She’s still young but she’s shown higher levels of regeneration than Alpha.” said Dr. Setme in a cold voice

 

Takumi tried to get up, but his body wouldn't cooperate. "My head is killing me," he managed to say before he passed out.

 

When Takumi woke up, he was back in his room. He felt disoriented and weak. He tried to get up, but his body was still too weak. He lay back down on the bed, feeling defeated and hopeless.

 

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Takumi lost track of time, and his world became a blur of experiments and tests. He had given up hope of ever leaving the facility and returning to his old life. Unknowingly to him, his eyes began to slowly lose their light as time went on.

 

But deep down, Takumi still held onto a small glimmer of hope. He knew that he had to keep fighting, no matter how hopeless the situation seemed. He had to keep his spirit alive, no matter what those two sadistic doctors threw at him. Because in the end, he knew that he would survive.

 

As time went on, Takumi began to notice subtle changes in his abilities. He was able to react faster to the images in the tests, and his physical endurance had improved. He was still weak and tired after every experiment, but he was slowly getting stronger.

 

Takumi realized that he had to use these improvements to his advantage. He began to train his mind and body during the times when he wasn't being experimented on. He did mental exercises to improve his focus and concentration, and he did physical exercises to strengthen his body.

 

The doctors didn't notice his training, and Takumi was careful to hide his progress. He knew that they would only increase their experiments if they found out he was getting stronger.

 

One day, Takumi received a surprise visit from Dr. Setme. "Alpha, we have some good news for you," Dr. Setme said with a smile. "You have been selected to participate in a special test."

 

Takumi was wary but curious. "What kind of test?" he asked.

 

"It's a test of your abilities," Dr. Setme explained. "You will be put through a series of challenges to see how well you can adapt to different situations. It's a chance for you to show us what you're truly capable of."

 

Takumi nodded, knowing that this was his chance to prove himself. He was determined to do his best and show the doctors that he was more than just a test subject.

 

He was taken to the helipad and flown to a remote location. It was cold and snowing and he was given a jacket and a knife. He was then ordered to reach an object that could barely be seen by the end of the night. The test was grueling, and Takumi was pushed to his limits. But he kept pushing himself, using everything he had learned in his training. And in the end, he emerged victorious reaching the object which turned out to be a flag pole half an hour before his time limit.

 

The doctors were amazed by Takumi's performance. They had never seen a test subject perform so well in their experiments. Dr. Setme congratulated him, “Well done Alpha you’ve impressed us with your overall growth so I shall be kind and offer you a reward for your success.”

 

“I’ve taken up an interest in machines, programming, and robotics. I would kindly ask for books on those subjects.” said Takumi

 

Dr. Setme was taken aback by Takumi's request, but she agreed to provide him with the requested books. "Very well, Alpha. We will arrange for the books to be delivered to you as soon as possible," she said.

 

When Takumi opened the books and started reading he unknowingly started to tear up. All this time he was experimented on and called Alpha he had almost forgotten that he used to be an engineering and robotic student from Earth. This was what he loved to do and now he could do it again which cause his dying heart to revitalize with emotions again. At this moment he truly felt like he had come back to life as the light returned to his eyes.

 

Over the next few weeks, Takumi spent all of his free time studying books on machines, programming, and robotics. He was fascinated by the subject matter and found it to be a great distraction from his bleak surroundings. He also was amazed at the technological superiority that this world had over Earth. Studies on things that were considered theoretical were laid out in front of him and he absorbed it like a maniac. Whenever he was free from the experiments and tests he would have his nose in the books.

 

As he continued to study, Takumi started to realize that he could use his newfound knowledge to his advantage. Takumi started to collect spare parts and tools by asking Katia’s colleagues to bring him whatever they could. In the end he received all the parts necessary and an IPad. He would secretly sneak them back to his cell and work on his project throughout the night. He would tinker with the parts, writing codes and testing circuits.

 

After several months of hard work and a full year in this hell, Takumi finally had a breakthrough. He had managed to program a small spider-like drone that could he could use to navigate through the facility undetected. He knew that this was his chance to gather information on the layout of the facility and all the people here.

0