42
27 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Greg stood up when he saw me enter and Hannah stopped reading her book. I leaned against the side of my bed and began to speak "Before we start, GC told me in my quest reward that Denny will probably head to the frontlines because of his species of monster. Now, we need to get another one of those potions."

"Let's just go get one from the guy who made those, he's in Rocksford so we can stop by and steal a couple" Greg said.

Hannah sighed "It's going to a bit trickier than that Greg, you know how strong Ria is right? Well the guy who makes these potions has been around longer than her so if he isn't stronger than her himself, he at least has bodyguards who are."

"Who's Ria?" Greg asked.

"The player we had to run away from in Hak" I answered "Maybe we could intercept another shipment, not to Hak, but to another place doing experiments."

"That's assuming there is another place doing experiments and we wouldn't know which one that is or when its going to happen. For now the best plan might be to go to Rocksford and get a feel for the situation" Hannah provided.

"Yeah, we can think on the way" Greg put in.

I tried to think of anything else we need to account for and realized we might have a problem getting into Rocksford "But how are we going to get into Rocksford? The frontlines will take just about anyone who is from this kingdom and criminals openly work for them."

"This is something Denny would know about..." Hannah whispered.

We took a moment before continuing "Maybe the Icus cult can help us get in. They seem friendly enough to us" Greg said.

"They do but they likely don't have much influence this far into the continent. It was a good thought though" Hannah responded before releasing Flas and scratching his chin.

"Hold on, maybe they can introduce us to the thieves guild there, and then they can help us get in"  I spoke, yes this could do just fine.

"I'll release Flas to go try out his new body a bit more and ask Tyre if that's possible" Hannah walked out of the room with Flas to go find Tyre. A couple minutes and a long explanation on why Greg shouldn't punch the walls for his warmup she came back.

"He says that as long as we cover the payment they can work something out" Hannah shared. 

"Sounds like a plan then" Greg cheered.

"As good as we are going to get right now, I want to leave after lunch so find something to keep you busy till then Greg" I said "Hannah, let's go outside." I held the door for her and Greg who said he wanted to go find a sparing partner. I took Hannah out of the cave to the entrance where Flas was doing circles in the sky. She smiled at that and we started walking towards a small pathway the hunters must have made.

Hannah whistled for Flas to follow us and I was content to just walk for a little bit. The air around here was better than in the caves and I missed fresh air. Hannah scared away some horned rabbits and a snake monster before we found a place to stop and rest. 

"So how are you doing Hannah" I asked.

"I'm doing fine, we can get him back. It's just ... I don't like the fact that there's a chance we won't" she answered.

"We will get him back. We have everyone we need to pull this off, just like in The Royal Heist that you read. We'll steal the potion and figure out a way to turn him back" I stated, trying to sound determined.

"But what if something like last night happens again or we can't turn him back anymore" she asked, holding her hands and rubbing some dirt off.

"That blasted cleric isn't us, he didn't care or understand. We do and we'll figure it out" I said while thinking, we might need to grab a devil's turning or two to start the transformation process and possible an even stronger holy power. The latter would be tough since we would need high grade holy water since we can't exactly get a cleric to work for us anymore.  

While I was thinking Hannah had cleaned off the dirt and was staring at me "Figure something out?" she asked with a smile.

"Yes, just some more we might need to steal. This might turn out to be a nice way for me to stock up on those rarer ingredients" I replied.

"Always thinking, it's a wonder you never burnt anything with how much you do" she chuckled. "Well quit thinking and lets have some fun, Flas told me he saw a nice watermelon creeper that we can eat over there" she pointed.

"Alright, lead the way" I smiled.

For the next hour we killed and looted any monsters we could find before heading back. I added watermelon to the lunch menu and proceeded to cook up a real feast for everyone. Lunch was served later than I had originally planned but it worked out. When I went to drop off the prisoner meals Jizal, the previous chef, even loudly thanked me through her cell at which her cellmates smacked her on the head. I wonder how long they'll have to be here before the Firren cult trades prisoners for them. Tyre might have been purposeful but I'm sure that the cults have something worked out since they can rely on the other's pride. 

I was really confused about her thanking me but I didn't care that much and continued on my way. I then sorted through everything we needed and gathered up the others to leave. May had a little ceremony to give us the rings and her ID and sign the contracts before leaving. The contract was pretty light as she said and pretty much stated that we would have to let May know who we told if we were worried about it spreading too much.

We got side-eyed by Tiffany as we left but she didn't stop us. I guess she was willing to let us go this time and Teddy gave Greg a firm handshake before letting us go.

After that we started walking towards the road while I explained what I had thought up talking with Hannah.

3