51
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had a couple questions that I could think of but the most important ones I asked yesterday were what he could teach me, how long it would take, and how to get out of here.

I also asked about his situation and how he became a talking or apparently telepathic monster but he said that he wasn't going to answer that.

In order of the questions he told me this.

     I will teach you how to sense and control your aura.

     It is difficult to say but it should not matter as long as you aren't a slow learner.

     You'll return once I am satisfied with your progress.

Since I didn't have much to do other than rest, from a debuff from suddenly losing and gaining a lot of health, I picked up one of the books he had on his shelf. He saw this and jiggled before grabbing the book away from me.

You won't be able to do anything with any of these books, they're mostly for beings past their 200th level. The only others are stories I was part of if that interests you.

"It would very much interest me Jeff" I said out loud. He picked out a book and tossed it to me. By stories he was part of apparently means fairy tales. I don't know which is him because there are a couple of repeating characters but they are all at least S- rank but were called hero class in the book. It was dated in some foreign calendar such that I couldn't figure out when they were from. 

In the story a group of 6 people was apparently roaming around in search of a certain arch angel. The angel had disappeared one day and a god of one of the members of the group had requested they find them. This took them through a couple dimensions and kingdoms before they found the angel was studying with evil magic, trying to turn monsters into players. The group couldn't understand the angel since it was not blessed, only really powerful, and so they got into a fight with it.

This fight was written like a bar room brawl but mentioned that a couple cities were wiped out from the natural disasters that came from the fight. One in particular that I was leaning towards being Jeff, described as a whip grandmaster, got his whip stuck because the angel had summoned 3 ancient stone titans and he only sliced through two of them before stopping halfway through the third. For context they are the size of mountains. 

While this was fun and all I couldn't help but worry about getting back and wondered what Greg and Hannah were doing. 

_______________________________________________

"Wha... what do you mean he didn't meet up outside the dungeon?" Hannah stammered at Greg.

Greg was scrambling for words and found some "I waited for an hour but when he didn't exit I assumed he went ahe-wait!"

Hannah was marching out of the room muttering "No, no no no no. Not him too..."

Hannah notified the Candy Factory that she would be sick for a couple days and searched every floor of that dungeon for him with hundreds of weak summons. In each floor she only grew more and more worried, after the 17th floor she couldn't make it any farther and had to turn back.

Since she couldn't post a job to find him like normal because of the bounty and the thieves guild wouldn't be any help, she could do nothing more than hope. When she was forced to go back to "work" to keep the illusion that she had only been sick she went in, cheerily greeting the other clerks.

She questioned on whether she should give up on getting Denny back, it would be far harder to steal the potion without Lee and she seemed to not be making much progress, only knowing where the break room was. Guards protected other areas and she could see now why the manager hadn't cared to identify her. There wasn't a point if she couldn't get anywhere important.

She soldiered through with hope, mostly at Greg's insistence to believe in Lee, that it was all part of the plan Lee made. Hannah didn't believe it but she forced herself too anyway. Greg somehow did, though he was growing increasingly calmer and less boisterous. He hadn't destroyed anything in the couple days that Lee was gone, unlike before when he smashed a table every other day in a sparing match.

One thing that brightened her day though on the fifth day was that she figured out how to get into the pantry. A few tiny summons and a late shift allowed her to sneak into the alchemy lab through the vent system. She was sick from the smells that passed through the ducts but she saw a girl and the manager creating a muffin and potion. She didn't see what they did but the screams from prisoners and sometimes "new hires" tipped her off.

1