Chapter 37: Warning
510 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Charlotte's POV--

"Hah~? Are you really an idiot?!"

"You said that as soon as you touched your crush's body, you would faint due to your overexcitement!?"

A harsh voice from a certain alpha male scolded me badly.

"No, I had already fainted...And splashed her face with my nose blood"

"..."

I honestly retold what happened.

There was a brief silence on the side of my phone. I realized that I'd messed up again. And then, I looked at the hand that had touched her tummy...It was so soft that I was surprised and had to doubt that she was made from pudding. Who would think her body was soft like that? Ugh...the image of her being in that embarrassed lingerie that you could find in those 18+ materials had deeply imprinted in my brain. Oh my, Oh my, those moles inexplicitly highlighted her body. It was hard for me to suppress my reproduction instinct.

*Guh*

My nose blood came out again...

At first, I just wanted her to learn how to be greedy towards me. Therefore, I let her have all the ways to my body as she liked...but...It had failed miserably. It had backfired as I couldn't control myself...

Maybe she was too pure to have such a vulgar thought. She had touched my chest, but her eyes showed no excitement but confusion. Perhaps, I was the only one who had such a disgusting desire to her. My heart had beaten so fast...What was about her?

I had made our relationship even more awkward without turning back. She liked women for sure, and I was glad that I was a woman, even Alpha one to be able to pair with her. Yet, I was wrong about one thing...She didn't have any experience in love as the mysterious existence of her second personality had caused the current her.

Love...What was it? How could I help her understand its definition? Being mutual from both sides was as obvious as the Sun but how could I get the way from her? Emotions and personalities, etc...I had tried it all. It was just she couldn't give me the satisfying answer.

"Hmm...Hey, Charlotte, confess to me, are you an Alpha?"

The other side of my phone spoke after a long break.

"Of course, I'm Alpha, you idiot!"

I retorted while covering my bleeding nose. Of course, I wouldn't dare to tell him about my lucky perverted event...

"Oh, is that so? This is the first time that I've ever heard of an alpha being fainted just touching their favorite Omega"

"Shut up! Kousuke! Go back and touch your fiancee to see if you faint!!"

I scolded my best friend from my middle school.

"Heh~"

"Gyahahahaha~"

He laughed out loud and gave me a cold sentence.

"We'd already kissed. You rookie!"

"..."

So uncomfortable!!! I couldn't find a single sentence to retort...

I rolled my eyes and didn't know how to fight back, so I could only swallow this grievance. The existence of the blind date partner made me feel threatened as if someone I loved was about to be stolen away from my hand. Honestly, that girl was a real threat to me. First, she was a woman in the range of taste from Suiri. Second, her background family wasn't inferior to mine...even slightly superior to mine. Third, this girl also confessed her intention as she was interested in Suiri.

I could only use my body to get Sui-chan's attention, but I had forgotten about her second personality. Did she do something to Suiri? Or It was just simply that Suiri didn't have sexual desire. If so, she was too pure! Speaking of which, I didn't see the true Ice Queen again...

"Alright, you're superior!! I admitted it!"

I surrendered to this boastful bastard.

"Hahaha~, that girl isn't easy to conquer. If she were easy, there would be no name of 'First Love Killer' in our school"

"To be honest, I felt amazed that you haven't still become one of the victims"

He spoke on the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah~"

I replied ignorantly.

"You should know her reputation in school. At first, they called her Ice Queen, the perfect existence but later she became our school's mascot. Once the Icy Queen exposed her flaw and comedian's trait, the name of Goddess was attached to her name in school. Because she had flaws so other students accepted her as a goddess. Unlike the rom-com novel, the heroine is perfect in everything and stands at the top of the castle"

He said while smiling casually.

Of course, I knew very well her reputation. Kousuke was right. The novel's heroine was good at studying, exercising, and perfectly associating with others. However, she was the opposite of the fictional heroine from the rom-com manga as she stood at the top of the monthly exam but at the bottom of the PE class. Moreover, she didn't associate much with others except when you constantly tried to talk with her. For example, the trio from the seaside had become her circle of friends.

In short, except for studying and playing music, she was a scumbag in every field so she was voted to be our school mascot. Every old student understood that her facial features were defective so they didn't mind when talking with her emotionless face. By the way, she also had Tenonji-senpai as her backer and was promoted by this sister-in-law to get the cute side of Suiri from reality into our students' impression.

Her fame has always been good. She was even at the top of the list of the people you wanted to date in the Stardust Academy.

Don't look at how she constantly gives her rejection to all confessions. Instead of reducing the frequency, it increased dramatically to the point that her shoe cabinet couldn't maintain its function of storing her shoes. I had taken a peek at the names of her letters. To my surprise, those names came from various genders. I meant someone even had the same sex as her wanting to be her partner. Moreover, same-sex love wasn't an abnormal thing in this world. I couldn't help but be jealous when many students confessed to her.

It could be said, "The more difficult you could get something, the more valuable the thing is". Countless people wanted to get something impossible. Her future partner would be the most tempting position in countless people's hearts. She was just adorable like that but I hated it. I was the first person who discovered her true side, her cute and silly side...It was unfair, wasn't it? I even wished that other students wouldn't know about that side and stay away from her. Or the nickname Ice Queen was still attached to her name...At least, I would be the only one who knew her adorable side.

"If she were the heroine, then...what were you, Charlotte?"

"..."

Kousuke spoke on the phone.

"Are you sure that you're the protagonist? Or just a loser childhood friend with the motif of 'Never win'? According to your description, you almost committed a major crime. If others hear that you acted unscrupulously toward their Goddess, they will tie you to the cross and burn you alive. Not to mention, forceful skinship isn't good when your relationship hasn't been clear from the beginning"

"What I'll say next may sound offensive but your behavior matched the villain or I will say the third party who plays their role as a blocking stone in the rom-com manga to promote the relationship of the two protagonists..."

My face turned paler as if my mind was clear...Was I a character to promote her relationship with the Otonashi girl!?

"No...It can't be...This is reality..."

I rejected this idea...I couldn't imagine that I would lose her one day and become a supporting character like he said.

"I knew you got more impatient...Then, as your best friend, I could only give you advice from the third point of view...as a supporting character in your love story...After all, it has already been 5 years since you had this feeling toward her...When you fall in love madly, you don't know what is right or wrong...This time, you almost hurt her...You should feel lucky because you fainted at the right time"

"..."

He was right...

"Um...I messed up"

I admitted my mistake...If I kept insisting that I was right, then another person would do the same as me. I wouldn't have the right to stop them from doing so...If I could do that, why couldn't they?

No one was perfect...People kept making mistakes, so they had to fix them. I was no exception to this flaw of humans.

"Okay...Well...Have you apologized to her?"

He hesitated and spoke while thinking of my affair. 

"Ah"

"Hey, what do you mean with 'Ah'? Huh?"

"She's bathing...I had dirtied her gorgeous face with my blood after all..."

I was nervous and looked at the door of her bathroom while lying on her comfy bed. The sound of water behind the door was so tempting and it triggered my wild imagination. God, I was guilty!!!

"..."

"What!? You lucky bas..."

"Huh?"

"..."

Then, there was a female voice on the side of the phone. He shut his mouth immediately as I knew who the other party was. This was his fiancee who was 1 year older than him, Nakashima Ayaka. That girl has a possessive desire toward Kousuke as she showed up in our class frequently to declare the owner. Sui-chan was the threat in her eyes but it was still in the past...Until I got the moment to explain clearly and showed my intention of chasing my crush, so...She knew about my affair and even played a supporting character in my love story.

According to the phone, it seemed my good brother wouldn't live long if he kept the humourous best friend persona like the rom-com manga when he already had his partner.

"Ahaha, Ayaka-senpai...The weather is so good today, isn't it?"

"Don't senpai with me!! Repeat what you just spit!!!"

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!"

"..."

I took the phone out to protect my ears from this exaggerated but seeming-to-be painful scream...I was speechless, but Kousuke, Ayaka-senpai...I was jealous of you guys. Even though they had conflicted many times, they would resolve their quarrel and act like a newlywed couple again. I knew them very well...Kousuke just teased his senpai fiancee...

*Sigh*

It would be better to turn off the phone and wait for Sui-chan to come out.

*Tut tut*

And then...

*Click*

The door sound opened and my heart jumped up immediately. However, instead of the white-blue-haired girl I'd expected, the crimson-haired girl opened the room door with a mature white hair woman, a.k.a Suiri's mom.

My face went ugly instantly as if I swallowed a fly. It wasn't that I felt bad about her mom but the person coming with her.

I had listed that girl as the potential enemy...even a powerful threat.

"Ara~, Char-chan, where is Sui-chan?"

Her mom asked me, making me turn red a little.

"She...She's bathing..."

"Eh? Strange~ Didn't she just bathe in this morning?"

"..."

Stop!!! Don't ask for more!! What if she knew what I had done to her daughter? Perhaps, she knew...I could see the smirking under that gentle smile on her facade...

*Imagination*

"I'm disappointed with you, Char-chan. You have let me down! I can't give her to you"

Her blue eyes turned cold and looked down at me like some garbage that you could find on the street.

"No, please give me another chance"

I pleaded for mercy.

"You almost hurt her and I can't forgive you"

"So let Sakura-chan become her fiancee"

Then, the crimson-haired girl held Suiri intimately while smirking toward me!

"No!!!!!!!!!!!"

*End*

"..."

"..."

"What have you done, blondie?"

Otonashi-san inquired. Eh? Blondie...Since when did I have such a rude nickname? Her tone was extremely unpleasant to my ears despite the maturity being blended into it. Her voice wasn't soft like Sui-chan but it was in the middle of a tomboy female with low pitch...

"I didn't do anything. Why do you ask that?"

I lied without blinking. However, her sharp eyes scanned me to speculate something. It was like she wanted to dig my sin just now...

"Don't you know that staring intensely like that is impolite, Otonashi-san?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your behavior just now was a little suspicious...And there is a red mark under your nose"

*Guh*

She was so sharp...Damm...

"Mah~, Mah~, you two...Thanks for coming there to help her move, so stop this unnecessary conflict, please"

This was also the reason the two of us were there...We would help Suiri to move her stuff and musical instruments to the new house, which was located next to this place about 3 buildings. However, it was just an excuse. We came from the wealthy families so we didn't need to do such a laborious thing. I and Otonashi-san were here to help her pack her stuff and move together to the new house...no...it should be a competition. I had an advantage because I had known her family since the Middle School.

Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san decided to step in to stop this uncomfortable conversation. I felt grateful to Suiri's mom because she had helped me from being interrogated like a criminal.

Seeing the two of us calming down, Mrs. Hoshiyuki gave us a reassuring smile and then, she had a thoughtful look while looking at me.

"Nee~Char-chan, do you have a problem with your health today? Your nose bled a lot?

"No...It's not...It's just..."

Then, she showed an expression that you could find in those children when their innocence was still pure and hadn't been tainted yet. It was like the children still believed that just holding hands would be pregnant. However, I knew that it was a facade...How could an adult have that face? Don't forget that my crush's mom was once a famous actress in the past...She showed an amused look while enjoying my reaction.

I was angry inside but I didn't dare to do anything. I acted like a pathetic loser virgin protagonist in the romcom manga even though I didn't know if my readers could laugh or curse me for being pathetic.

At the next moment, she brought her mouth near my ears and whispered something dangerous.

"Ara~, Char-chan, you turned on when seeing her in that set, didn't you?"

"Eh?"

"..."

Yabai!! She definitely teased me! Every time I came to her house to play, she would pull tricks to tease the virgin me...However, that set was indeed dangerous and inappropriate with Suiri's image. It was just lewd...

"I...I didn't see anything..."

I lied again with an awkward smile while turning my head to dodge her gaze. My hand tried to stop her approaching but it was no use.

"Is that so? But your pheromone betrayed you...you know? My daughter's room is full of rose scent now"

"..."

Stop!! Don't tease me!! Why were you constantly trying to dig a hole for me to jump in?!

"Pervert"

Otonashi broke the atmosphere and looked at me with disdainful eyes. I forgot to control my pheromone...I also forgot that other Alpha could perceive my intention in the pheromone...Wait...She, a futanari, also had that ability. It was new.

"Are you saying that you also didn't have any sexual desire?!!"

I retorted...I hated hypocritical people...Why did you comment rudely in front of the other party?

"I have...But I didn't show it in front of others like you"

"..."

"Guh!!!"

Otonashi replied perfectly without giving me any chance to talk back...It was like I was talking with an adult. Wasn't she the same age as me? I have seen many people in the world and their personalities when talking with me. Some of my friends were just to seek a connection with my family. Some were interested in me and wanted to be my partner while Kousuke and Ayaka treated me as a true friend. Sui-chan was just hiding and was afraid of relationships so she always kept a barrier to protect herself although she had everyone surrounding her. She never let anyone step into her comfort zone...Not to mention, the second personality was quite troublesome as well. Luckily, when I made a skinship with her today, the second personality didn't jump out to stab me.

"Hahaha~ It's a joke...But it's normal to have that kind of desire. There is no shame in hiding it"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki waved her hand and said.

"Otonashi-san, and Char-chan, please take a seat"

"Mitsugu-san..."

"Yes, Madam"

Then, Suiri's mom ordered her maid to bring us some tea to drink and we settled down on a Japanese table, which was small, portable, and enough for 4 people to sit down.

"Okay, let's talk when Sui-chan isn't here"

*Slurp*

We raised our cups and tasted the hot black tea in this cold weather. Speaking of which, the snow outside hadn't melted yet.

Then, Suiri's mom began to hand us the envelopes suddenly.

"Happy New Year, Char-chan, Otonashi-san"

Ah...I forgot that there was lucky money at the beginning of the year. Although money wasn't a thing to me, receiving proved that we would have a fortune in the New Year. 

"Happy New Year, Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san"

Otonashi spoke and bowed her head gratefully. Her etiquette didn't need to be mentioned again. I didn't know why I had paid too much attention to this girl...Maybe she was my rival in love or I tried to find a comfort point to be superior to prove my worth...my pride as an Alpha to get Sui-chan.

I didn't want to lose.

"Happy New Year, Natasha-obaa-sama"

We received our respective envelopes and gave her back our wishes.

"Okay, don't need to be so formal. Then, let me get straight to the point"

"Please, take good care of her through 3 years. I know there is only one of you guys chosen by her. I just hope that you guys will get along with my daughter no matter what. This arrangement involves political marriage so I can't help it"

"I just want Sui-chan to live a happy life without worrying about anything. You know that she has been afraid of relationships since a child..."

"Excuse me, can I know the reason why she is like that?"

Otonashi raised her hand to ask and I was also curious as well. I knew she was like that but I didn't understand the main reason.

"Until she trusts you, she will give you the answer...I can't expose it without her permission...I'm sorry about that"

"..."

Ah...It was so disappointing...Gaining her trust wasn't easy. 

"I understood"

Otonashi nodded her head to express her understanding. However, she couldn't hide her disappointment like me and she seemed to have a bit of surprise. What was she surprised about? Suiri was like that from the beginning.

"Ah...um...Everyone is here?"

An emotionless voice broke our conversation. Sui-chan had done her bathing. When I looked at her, she was still as gorgeous as ever. She wore a casual sweater with long wide pants. It was simple like that...

"Ah hum...Sui-chan, I have something and need to talk with these two girls. Can you go to Rei's room and play with her to kill time?"

"Yes"

"Hello, Otonashi-san"

"And...Charlotte..."

"..."

With that, she walked out of the room and closed the door. However, that wasn't the case...She didn't even look at me...Was she angry? My heart panicked quickly and I couldn't control the urge to chase after her to explain clearly my stupid action before.

Unfortunately, Suiri's mom's gaze had held me back to the table and I could only suppress this urge.

"Okay, now, the rule when you guys live with her"

"First, no sex or overboard intimation until you get engaged successfully and confirm your relationship with her clearly"

"Do you understand?"

Then, she looked at us with a gentle smile, but her eyes didn't...It was scary and had a murderous intention blending into it.

It was like a warning to us not to use force to act on Suiri. Under that fierce gaze was the intention "If you hurt her, I won't mind who you are and where you come from". In short, we will be finished no matter which family we belong to.

The gentle facade only made her tone more solemn and even liked the death penalty from the court.

20