Chapter 41: Helper
317 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Onoe-chan"

A soft and milky voice reached out to my ears, waking me up from my absentminded state. Today, many things have happened one after another, causing my brain to be unable to work properly. Moreover, it seemed that I would leave the house today and move to another house, which was next to my house about 3 buildings.

I didn't know what my mom and the two future partners were discussing behind my back.

The anxious feeling wanted to eat me clean without a single bone left.

"Hmm...What's wrong, Rei?"

I patted her head and asked.

The white-haired loli frowned her face and gave me a speculating look. Her newborn ahoge moved on its own, making me speechless. I thought it only existed in a fictional fantasy but didn't expect it to be a real product in front of my naked eyes. You must know that the possibility of humans being able to control and move their hair was 0%. I couldn't even move my hair freely like Rei.

In a 2D world, this would be called cute and lively, but looking at this phenomenon from a real-life perspective, it was creepy, as if Rei had something possessed on her to control her ahoge. My skin raised a goosebump when I thought of this problem carefully.

Right now, we didn't stand outside to give the wind a chance to move my sister's hair because we had a light meal at the dessert shop this afternoon. The shop was equipped with a heater to warm up the cold weather so...Seeing the ahoge on my sister's head, I had to cling to supernatural beings like Buddha. As a person who believed in science, I quickly glanced at my surroundings to observe outsiders' expressions...

Sure enough, the customer only looked at my strange disguise instead of staring at an ahoge moving on its own on my sister's head. It might be a blessing in disguise. If it weren't for common sense in this world, my sister would be kidnapped by some mad scientists to do some inhuman experiments.

"Onoe-chan"

She called out to me again.

"Yes, I heard you"

I confirmed again because Rei was quite weird.

Then, she shook her head mysteriously.

"I mean...Where is Onee-chan?"

"..."

She said again.

"Ah, about that...Maria-Onee-sama will come home tonight soon"

I continued to pat her head. My sister got busier than ever when she went out to work with my Shiori-Okaa-sama. Even my old self couldn't stand the pressure from her position, not to mention my jealousy of her. I somehow understood the old hag's feelings, but what Rei said next made me frozen.

"No...I meant another Onee-chan. Another sister with the same appearance as Onoe-chan, I wanted to ask where she is..."

"Rei wanted to give an invitational letter to her to come to our house to celebrate Rei's birthday"

"Hehehe~ Is Rei a good girl?"

"..."

She smiled innocently with a smug face. Her proud face wanted me to praise her but...Only me...I couldn't say anything because I didn't know how to find a word to speak with her.

Hahaha...In my head, I smiled sarcastically toward me. Not only me but also Hyouri...

Our proud role play of each other had a fatal flaw that all family members knew about Hyouri's existence.

I thought only my parents and oldest sister knew about her. It seemed that Rei was no exception.

Then, how could I reply to Rei? I had lost contact with her. Until now, I couldn't even find a clue or make a way to come back to our cherry blossom world in our mindscape.

However, Rei's question helped me a little bit because the time I spent with Hyouri was real. She wasn't a product of my imagination to cure my loneliness. Maybe...

I wanted to tell her how wonderful my decision was when I decided to step out of my comfort zone. Yet, I had been scared...After all the time, she kept me inside that zone and wouldn't let anything happen to me. Wasn't it considered as my betrayal toward her? I had disappointed her...

If she came back and saw this mess, would she leave me again and hate me?...

"..."

"Rei is a good girl, but this Onee-chan has moved somewhere far away"

"She can't attend Rei's birthday"

Finishing speaking, I witnessed the ahoge on her head seemed to be down like a puppy's tail to express their moods.

Sorry for letting you down, Rei. Your Onee-chan was a problematic person with a dissociative identity disorder from an outsider's point of view. I couldn't promise anything to you because I didn't even know how to get her back. 

I lost her...

Perhaps, I wouldn't meet her for the rest of my life. If she was another person with a distinctive body, I could've found her already. Unfortunately, she was originally inside me but I was powerless to find her.

"Hmm...You're a liar!"

"Onee-chan is still singing there. You have to find her for Rei!"

"..."

Rei suddenly burst out, giving me a heart jump.

Ah...

At first, I didn't understand what she meant. Then, I realized the problem...

Inside the shop, there was my song being played through the speakers...A weird but familiar voice almost gave the listeners a lullaby through the dramatic melody.

"♫ Why is there such a nostalgic feeling when smelling the aroma of rain? ♫"

"♫ Why does my heart flutter when the summer is coming?♫"

"♫ Who can tell me why I have these feelings about such a normal thing?♫"

"♫ Can it be I may forget something important?♫"

How could I not know this song? This was the first song I had decided to sing in my own voice. 3 years...3 years...Almost 3 years, from an antisocial animal to this problematic girl...What a development! Readers would hate me to death if my life were written into a story.

Nothing changed much when I stepped out of my comfort zone to confront my family. Yeah, I still hadn't found my purpose in this life. You knew that human greed was bottomless. When they achieve something, they will want more and more. There was no way to put a stop to end the road of their life. In my previous life, I yearned for musical instruments, music, strings of melodies, and even fame.

I had them all in my current life. In my heart, there was a feeling to urge me to desire more. Yet, I hadn't found anything interesting. If it were cooking, Erina-sensei would say that I belonged to the dark cuisine...Anyway, cooking wasn't my specialty...Nonetheless, I believed I had reached the light cuisine after almost 3 years of hard work.

As for the song being played, this was another version of the improvisational piece I'd come up with in the live concert. Despite it originally being a Rock song, I had to create another version to ensure that my fans' money wasn't wasted. It was more like Pop instead. If you performed like the original, fans would be better staying home to listen to my song than spending a lot of money to listen to the piece, which wasn't different from the original.

And...I knew why Rei could be so sensitive to distinguish between me and Hyouri...I didn't want to believe it either. However, after listening to Rei's childish and unreasonable demand, she wasn't wrong in the first place...Because...This version was performed by Hyouri in the past...

People say that children can distinguish clearly what they believe and see...It seemed this saying wasn't wrong.

Rei's eyes had a trace of resentment because I couldn't find Hyouri for her. Sister, your request was impossible.

"It's just a record..."

"But, Rei...you can eat more sweet, you know. It's my compensation for not completing your request"

I hurriedly changed the topic and her eyes shone brightly when she heard my bribe. She was no longer caring about Hyouri's existence anymore. Children were easy like that.

I had to sigh a relief after that.

"Or you say♫ only I can know the answer♫

Just...♫

♫I just want to sniff the forgetful smell from that summer

I just want to let the wind bring that 'silhouette' in front of me

Was it selfish for me to return to that oblivious summer?♫"

Hyouri...She obviously had a musical talent...Why did she constantly deny her talent and say I was better than her?

She just excused that she inherited my memory...Perhaps, she felt that this talent originally wasn't her. Ah, I missed her...

Something inside my heart felt proud when our songs could be used in a public place like this. Hyouri, did you see that?

"Hooray! Onoe-chan was the best!"

Rei smiled childishly and hugged me tightly. 

"Excuse me, here is your order"

The waitress spoke to me and brought out the two cups of parfait with the same build. There were three layers in the cup. The top layer was built full of strawberries, which were put on the creamy second layer. While the last layer was a mix of orange and chocolate, the combination could make all the sweet-tooth people drool over it. 

"Thank you"

"Onee-san, thank you"

Rei and I expressed our gratefulness.

"Please, enjoy yourselves, and call me if you need something"

She bowed her head and walked away.

Finally, I could enjoy myself a little bit...

"Oujo-sama"

"Hyaa~"

Before I could pick up the spoon to eat right away, someone whispered into my ears, making me startle. My heart almost jumped out of my chest and I could still hear it beating loudly inside. 

"Sasaki-san, you almost kill me"

I turned around and looked at the red-haired woman. Her breath just reached my ears and tortured them mercilessly with the sudden tickle.

Rei had entered her own world with the parfait and taken a spoon to eat a mouthful of food.

Although I was expressionless, I could still be startled...

"Yes, I will kill you"

"..."

She smiled gently while saying that. I almost thought that I had entered a bad route. There was a bad feeling rising in my heart...Don't tell me...

"Sasaki-san, I have gifted you..."

My eyes swam away immediately and I tried to find an excuse to dodge that thing...

"No...Your gift is one thing and eating a ton of calories is another thing. They aren't matched in the first place"

"..."

"You should know that your menu is always controlled"

"Don't forget that you're still a public figure"

"How can I say to your mom and aunt about the fatty Hoshiyuki Suiri?"

"I don't want to lose my job, Oujo-sama. Please, understand for me"

She spoke earnestly.

"Therefore, after eating this thing, 5 laps around the mansion, deal?"

"..."

There was always a price for something. Since when was I  bothered about my weight? Of course, it was when I had become a girl. Unluckily, I didn't have a cheat of the body never getting fat no matter how much the owner ate.

What did you expect from the voluptuous body?

I wished my body could be tender and slender like the original villainess 'Suiri' in the illustration. Why did I become her, making my body distort from the original one?

"Deal"

I immediately replied...Who could withstand the sweet placed in front of me like this? Living was to enjoy, not suffer!!!

 ----

--Sasaki's POV--

Oujo-sama, you seemed to be more open than in the past. Or was it only my illusion? From a girl closing herself to a girl talking more, I would've felt proud and happy that you had grown up. Yet, my personal feelings had ruined my first intention, which was to watch and observe her, and then leave somewhere far away. 

"..."

I had lost my gut to leave you before I knew it. 

When you changed yourself like that without my knowledge, the ugly feelings inside me wanted to push me down a cliff called 'obsession' according to the description of the vocabulary in the dictionary.

Another word wanted to gnaw me clean. "Envy"...Based on what I'd known, the moment you'd changed was the same time when you met your newly appointed future fiancee. What did she do to make you change like that?

You even gifted me something that you'd never done before. You're indeed an idiot in the love field. Last time, you dared to flirt with me, provoking my patience...

Geez~

Before I knew it, I had loved you and even considered you to be mine. Ikkou-nee-san was right. There was never a pure friendship between alpha and omega. Especially, for those whose appearance was top-notch, it was impossible.

I grabbed tightly the butterfly necklace inside my pocket and looked at the young girl eating parfait deliciously.

I didn't have any courage to tell my feelings. In the previous party, I had failed miserably due to my cowardice. How about this time?

Scare...

Fear...

Terror...

It was the nightmare of humans, the dread of the unknown.

After my confession, what would she say? What would she do? Or was it also the last time we had a conversation?

Leaving her was more intolerable than holding my feelings back and staying with her. It was just that the feelings became heavier and brought more pressure as time passed by. It was still getting bigger and I was afraid that one day, it would break out. I wouldn't know what my future self would do...

"Envy", and "Jealous", are the two words that caused my head a headache. I didn't want the word "Possessive" to be born from it. Her new 'partner' almost poured the whole vinegar bottle into my mouth. 

What a distorted mind of mine.

How could I stand the training back then in the Mizuno family? Perhaps, I had returned all I'd learned to my trainer.

Love wasn't beautiful like the book said. It was bitter, scary, and even the most pressure I had ever felt in my life.

Could I turn back time to tell my past self not to indulge in the poison named 'Suiri'? Hey, Sasaki, I was your future self. Don't ever fall in love with this Omega...

"..."

Her song was quite famous, wasn't it?

Everywhere I went, I could still hear her voice...The more I thought about it, the more ridiculous my first intention was. How could I restart my life when her trace was everywhere?

Unknowingly, I had become a negative person when constantly thinking of the worst situation after the confession.

Once I said the line 'I love you', there would be no way back to restore our previous relationship. With no love experience, how could I move in this rough path ahead?

Many questions tortured and consumed my spiritual energy inside my head. 

Geez~

Actually...

She wasn't fat...I glanced at her whole figure. 1m68 and 55kg were indeed ideal numbers for an Omega girl. All nutrients gathered in the right place, shaping her figure 'Erotic' instead. Where it needed to grow, it would be there.

*cough cough cough*

Out of my reaction, my hands reached her back and rubbed it smoothly to calm down this hasty foodie.

"Oujo-sama, it isn't the last time you eat parfait...Don't be in a hurry"

I said while keeping my hands on her back. After that, she turned to give me a look and her eyes indicated 'Whose fault is it?' in them. Despite her emotionless face, I understood her eye language after getting along in the past years. Her food was always strictly managed and my job was to guarantee that she was always healthy.

"I know...Thanks"

She said that and another cough happened.

*Cough*

My Oujo-sama immediately panicked and patted my third lady of the Hoshiyuki family, Rei-sama.

"..."

No wonder they were sisters...They were somehow similar in a way.

"Rei-chan, are you okay?"

"Okay...*cough cough*"

"..."

Looking at the two sisters having sweet, I felt disappointed inside. The ugly feelings, which I couldn't suppress, were at the peak of my control limit.

It seemed that I had to use the privilege of the Mizuno family...

In the Mizuno family, there was an unspoken rule that I despised and even gave my contemptuous to it. Originally...I had forgotten this despicable rule in this messy family. Until Ikkou-nee reminded me on the phone, it was like a tiny hope appearing for my grasp. Who could blame the poison 'Suiri' for being so expensive? If Suiri were just an ordinary Omega, I wouldn't use this rule. However, thinking back, I realized that if she were ordinary, how could she penetrate too deep inside my heart? Wouldn't it be the same as my first ambition when receiving this job?

Therefore...

I had to use this method reluctantly under the excuse of the name 'Love'. If my 'dad' heard that I wanted to marry Suiri, he wouldn't mind using all the resources at home to support me. With the benefit of the Hoshiyuki family, no one would let it go. The family in the first list of the technology field had the most beneficial potential and countless profits. I guessed my 'dad' even supported me wholeheartedly instead.

Yet, there always came a price. If I used this method, would Oujo-sama hate me to death? My love in her eyes would turn into a business marriage. She would only see my greed instead of my inner feelings. By winning the heir's position, I could've had the qualification to engage with her but our relationship would be distorted from the definition of 'Love'. I didn't want it...

"Fuu~, Rei is full. Rei is full"

The third lady patted her stomach and said satisfyingly.

"Rei...There is food left on your face"

Oujo-sama took care of Rei-sama by using her handkerchief. 

After arriving home, Oujo-sama would live with those two dangerous elements. Even though I could live in that house under the label of 'Bodyguard' or 'Maid', my heart was unwilling to accept that position. I wanted more...

I wanted the position of her future partner!!!

I wanted everything about her to be mine!

Obviously...I was the first person to know her. It was unfair! Why did I become an inferior person? Was it because of my family's background?

"Rei-chan...Sasaki-san, I will go to the toilet to solve my need"

"Sasaki-san, please take care of Rei for me"

My Oujo-sama said.

"Yes, Oujo-sama"

I compromised.

Oujo-sama stood up and walked hurriedly to the toilet.

After a few seconds...

Rei looked at me and spoke.

"Hmm...Onoe-chan only belongs to me. You won't get her away from Rei!"

"..."

*Guh*

It hurt...

Rei-sama humped angrily without caring about the etiquette.

"Rei-sama, what're you talking about?"

I excused myself as I couldn't believe that a child could notice my ugly feelings.

"Rei has noticed today that your red-haired eyes have always stuck to my Onoe-chan as if you want to steal her away from Rei!"

"Is Rei wrong?"

Rei-sama spoke her childish reasoning. However, it was true.

She asked back.

"Ah...it's my job to protect you and her so I have to keep my eyes on you"

I found a clumsy excuse. In my heart, I just wanted to dodge this question from the child. 

"You're a liar!"

She retorted.

"Your eyes didn't even look at Rei"

She folded her hands and said.

Were children troublesome like this? Recalling my time with Oujo-sama, she didn't cause me too much trouble or demand something unreasonable. It was so peaceful except for some bad guys wanting to kidnap her in the past. I had to protect her and eliminate those threats.

"Rei-sama, I confess to you that I like your sister but won't take her from you...But can you keep it a secret?"

I decided to be honest.

"Eh? Why?"

She asked

"You must know that your sister is awesome and she has many people having high favorability toward her. I'm also one of them but I can't let her know that"

It would be the best way to talk with a smart child-like Rei-sama...And I just told the truth.

"Fine~"

Rei-sama nodded.

"As long as you don't steal her away from Rei, it will be fine"

"And your secret will be safe with Rei"

Luckily, Rei-sama was too young to understand the whole picture. At her age, she would be only selfish as a child should be.

While waiting for my Oujo-sama, I continued to break the rule of attendance by using my phone to do my private problems at work.

[Ikkou-nee

I need your help]

17