Chapter 33: Blind date
843 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since when have I considered the main heroine Shinonawa Charlotte being stuck to me as an obvious fact in my life? This was not her obligation to be together with me, but I unknowingly had taken for granted under the disguised banner 'She's from the most prestigious family, so I can't offend her to kick her out of my side'. Moreover, she was the novel's main heroine, and I didn't know what bad luck would cause to my second life.

Looking back from the beginning, I didn't even see her as a true human being, but as a paper figure described by a string of text. Only the illustration of her with the twin-drills hairstyle together with an Oujo-sama's temperament.

In the dark, she'd silently helped me from time to time again without yelling out 'I help you so you have to be grateful for me'. Her emotions were all real. She could cry...She could smile...She could express her hurtful expression. Not only her but also Mizuno-san as well...

Heroines...What was the definition of heroine? A future partner of the main protagonist...And I wasn't the main protagonist but a villainess instead. Was that position changed to me like some villainess novels from Shoujo manga? I didn't have any idea at this moment.

Did I love her? It would be a lie if I said no. I quite liked her from the moment I read the text.

Shinonawa Charlotte.

The sole daughter of the Shinonawa family. Despite having an M attribute and being funny all the time, her tolerance was greater than anyone in the novel. She just needed a push...A push to escape from the dilemma of her family.

Her parents weren't that bad. It was just a lack of communication.

The huge pressure from the 'Number 1' has haunted her from childhood. With the help of the protagonist, Charlotte finally accepted the push and escaped the chain that tied her heart all the time.

What did you expect from the Harem text? The drama was quite short and needed more content to fill another waifu.

Actually, in the text, Charlotte can't tolerate the idea of a harem so she intends to give up the main character.

However, with the existence of 'Suiri', the villainess was the final burst to make her accept the Harem's term.

She realized that with her alone, she couldn't confront the 'viciousness' from the villainess so...Yeah.

Unlike Yandere Himeki, ex-fiancee Mio, or the ex-loyal servant Sasaki, Charlotte had a unique personality because she knew what was right from wrong.

It seemed that I had solved her trouble without my knowledge...Then, she began to stick with me by every means.

And I...didn't realize that problem...Maybe the pamper from Hyouri has covered my eyes as I could only live by myself.

However, I didn't blame Hyouri for my lonely life. After all, she was the incarnation of my wish in my previous life. Yet, she had disappeared strangely as if she didn't even live with me in the first place...I couldn't find her again but I gained a new connection with the family in this world.

I was too bad, wasn't I?

*Sigh*

If she left me suddenly like the way Hyouri left me, I...

Ah...It seemed that I became arrogant when believing that Charlotte wouldn't leave me...Because I have not tasted that sense of crisis yet.

"Sui-chan, have you done?"

Natasha-Okaa-sama asked me. She wore a party dress with a decent design. Her outfit was not too luxurious but had a neat and clean outer look of a mature woman in her late 30s. Her beautiful appearance didn't get ruined by the cruelty of time but changed to the beauty of women in her late 30s. For short, cultural fellows would use the term 'Milf' to call her.

Her figure had been a little out of shape. After all, she had three children already. I would like to call her immortal if she could maintain her shape like her teen.

"Yeah"

I was sitting on the makeup table. However, I just applied light makeup to my face since my mom said that I was still too young. Besides that, my facial features didn't need to apply heavy makeup.

It almost took more than 2 hours to prepare my appearance.

So...This was the legend among men in my previous life when they had a girlfriend and waited for her to prepare.

My white-blue hair didn't get tied into any style but let it straight to my waist. Instead, many kirakira (glossy) hair ornaments were put on my head. My ears were equipped with shiny butterfly ear cuffs around. I was grateful for their existence so I didn't need to do an ear piercing painful process. My face was just simply applied some moisture liquid and transparent red lipstick on my lips.

My outfit was a one-piece dress hugging my body with a turtle neck design.

Ugh...I hated wearing high-heeled shoes.

"Hiyori, Let me see my precious granddaughter!!"

A middle-aged man's voice echoed from outside my room. As you expected, he was my grandfather in this life. Hoshiyuki Souji.

Despite having a high age, he was quite muscular. As he got older, he began to care for his health and prioritize his healthy life. As for his purpose, he wanted to live longer as his life was already satisfied with his career so he wished to have a healthy body to accompany his children to his old age. In conclusion, he was in the enjoying period of human life.

"No, do you intend to tell her not to choose her partner, Souji?"

"You should know clearly who the other party is, right?"

A strict voice...No mistake...It was my grandma in this life. Her name was Hoshiyuki Hiyori. She came from a prestigious but traditional Japanese. A true high-class and educational Omega...It was not wrong to call her a typical image of Yamato Nadeshiko. Every virtuous point of traditional Japanese women was founded in my grandma. Not to mention, my etiquette and manners of females in general were taught by her. She was extremely strict but soft at the same time.

I heard that my mom Natasha-Okaa-sama had to pass the trial to join the Hoshiyuki family as the foreign daughter-in-law.

Of course, the test was my grandma's design.

"Gununu...Who can tell me why my precious grandaughter is so good? Many wolf alphas bare their fang toward her?!!!"

"Not only the Shinonawa family but also the Otonashi family...and not to mention, the Minamoto family also wants to marry my granddaughter to establish the Marriage Business"

Eh? What did he just say? The Minamoto family hadn't given up the marriage alliance yet. Speaking of which, when I received that half-heart confession from the sub-heroine Minamoto Aoi a.k.a Ex-Fiancee of the villainess 'Hoshiyuki Suiri'. She didn't even bother me anymore after that. It should be that I was too busy that I forgot her. Moreover, Charlotte always stayed by my side so...Yeah, although I met her occasionally in school, she caught a talk with me sometimes. The length of the dialogue was only 'Um, Ah, No'...

My personality has changed after reincarnation and I was less talkative than the old me.

So, it couldn't be helped when I replied shortly to cut off the maze of those unfamiliar people. Because they didn't want to engage to the main point but went around and around to take my time away.

I knew that this was a human thing, but I found it annoying. After all, I didn't know whether their heart and motives were dark or not.

"Stop it, Souji, wasn't I also engaged to you in the first place?"

"Besides that, at her age, she should've had her fiancee already"

"When I was 6 years old, I'd already followed my family's deal to marry you"

My grandma strictly scolded him.

"Yes, yes, you're always right, but it's only true when she's in our era"

"What's the current era now? What's the point of fiancee and marriage at an early age?"

"What's more important is that Sui-chan has to live happily, isn't it?"

"We're lucky because we also fell in love in the first place, so it was smooth, right? Hiyori"

Grandpa...He loved and pampered me the most. What he just said was so touching. I thought the common sense of rich people in this world would be bent by the will of this novel. 

"..."

"But at least, she should've associated more with people, meeting the other party, and having social relationships...Maybe the other party is her destiny like us before"

"She hasn't tried yet, besides that, we don't lose anything"

"If she doesn't like the other party, she could've made an engagement with the Shinonawa girl"

Ah...I'm sorry...Grandma, please forgive my anti-social attitude. Indeed, she had seen through my personality and even social manners. Not to mention, she had noticed my cowardice in interacting with other people.

"If she continued to be like this, I had to use another method"

"..."

"I don't want her to become the second Mei"

Hiyori-Obaa-sama raised her furious tone.

Scary...From her tone just now, she pressed me to the corner...Wait a minute...

"..."

Aunt Mei, what did you do to make her so irritated?

However, you should know that I heard all right?


"My granddaughter...You're so pretty, but hey, don't use too much makeup, what if you lure the other party's soul away"

Souji-Ojii-sama said.

"..."

Excuse me, I wasn't some vixen in the movies, trying to seduce others!!!! Besides that, I didn't apply too much makeup in the first place!

"Grandpa..."

"Hahahahaha, don't worry, Sui-chan, with your Grandpa here, if anyone wants to bully you, I will teach them a lesson"

"I know, Grandpa, I love you"

I immediately hugged him. After all, I only hugged my parents and sister this morning, and I hadn't hugged my grandparents yet. Hmm, his body is quite muscular inside but I didn't feel uncomfortable.

"Sui-chan, I also love you"

He smiled and patted my head. He gently put his hand on my head and patted very slowly...He avoided messing my hair up after a long time to prepare my hair. So gentle~

"Noechan, I also want to hug you!!!"

The little brat began to act spoiled toward me.

Geez~

I didn't know why, but Rei was quite clingy to me. Maybe, this was her perverted fetish from an early age as she liked something soft in her hand. It happened that my soft body was in her preference.

"You have to be good when you're at home, you know, Rei"

I said to her but only received her rubbing and nodding.

"Yes, I'll be good!"

"Yes, you have to be good, let, your grandpa kiss you once"

Souji-Ojii-sama immediately snatched Rei away from my embrace and stuck his mouth on Rei's cheeks.

"Yada~!!!"

Rei screamed as she couldn't stand his muscular hands and the tickled from his loving kiss. It was so funny because Rei hated others taking advantage of her. Maybe she was too spoiled...

"Sui-chan, it's time to go"

My mom called out.

"Yeah"

With that, I accompanied my grandparents and my mom. As for Shiori-Okaa-sama and Maria-Onee-sama, they would attend the party later due to the busyness of their work.


The business-firm party is a form of political meeting from the standard point of view. I, a commoner, in my first life, didn't even have a chance to attend such an exaggerated party. However, with my second chance, I was almost bored with this. Scheming, conspiracy, profit, cooperation, and relationship...

All were found in this party.

The rule to survive was as long as you could provide profit, and show your benefits, you could exist in this place longer.

I didn't know why my blind date was organized in this place, but I knew that the other party must've come from an unordinary family. After all, this place united many families, which had political influences.

According to Aunt Mei, the other party was the exceptional existence...Anomaly in this ABO world. They were neither Alpha, Beta, nor Omega because they had both organs for reproduction. Hence, the Government paid attention to this bloodline. Not to mention, they not only had this special physique but also their intelligence was higher than ordinary people.

Some people from the Government's system had them to serve the country. That was why my Grandma stubbornly wanted me to have an engagement with the other party. Luckily, the main Heroine of this novel had saved me beforehand, so it could only be reduced to the blind date.

Charlotte, I owed you too much but I didn't know how to repay you.

How long had I forgotten this feeling? The feeling of being nervous...If I were before, Hyouri would calm me down or simply swap with her to take care of those things.

I missed her...

Many guests came and went out. They found their target to accomplish their business cooperation. I could see that they smiled and chatted like they'd known each other for more than 2 decades.

It was so fake that I felt disgusted and nauseous.

Simply, I just found a corner to sit and wait for what would happen next. Standing next to me was the sub-heroine Mizuno Sasaki. However, I could feel that her gaze was penetrating my body...What was her intention?

"Anou, Sasaki-san, what's wrong?"

I asked.

She regained her expression and looked at me nervously.

"Oujo-sama..."

"Hmm?"

"What if...What if I can become a candidate to be your partner?"

Her voice went down instead, which made it sound like a mosquito voice.

"Hmm? Can you say again? I can't hear you"

"Um...I want to be..."

"Suiri, come here"

My grandma gestured for me to come over.

"Ah, yes"

"Sorry, Sasaki-san..."

I turned around to look at her and said. Then, her mood went down at extreme speed, making me puzzled.

Women were hard to understand, both in my previous life and this current life.


--Sasaki's POV--

I couldn't say it...I couldn't say it...F*ck me!!!

Ikkou-Onee-chan was right. I was always straightforward and got to the main point when I talked with others. However, my Oujo-sama was an exceptional. When I talked to her, my courage was strangely exhausted and I found that those words were being stuck in my throat, making it hard to speak out.

Scare...Afraid...It held me back...My cowardice made me stay behind for a long time as our relationship had been stagnant for 2 years without progress.

As time went by, many flies and insects increased and appeared around her. "Panick" is the correct word to describe my moods and emotions when I watched her being with others.

On Christmas day, the poisonous bee attacked her and used force against her. It was like a thousand needles stabbing straight into my heart, making it bleed nonstop. I realized how important she was in my life. That bee forcefully opened her heart, which was the thing that I didn't even dare to do. She was too fragile...And what that bee said was indeed true. If my Oujo-sama continued to live like that, it would harm her instead.

I knew that...I didn't dare to hurt her or forcefully open her heart. Time...Only 'time' was the answer to help me get closer to her. I believed that my relationship with her could slowly change her concept. Unfortunately, that poisonous bee had one step ahead.

I could perceive the change around Oujo-sama. It seemed that she was more open and positive than her old self.

I had watched her since she was still a middle-school student. How could I not realize her difference?

She had changed. No...It should be that she revealed her true self.

"If you keep the process like this, you can't get her at all, my silly sister"

Ikkou-Onee-chan said to me. She asked me whether I was in love with her, but I didn't know. How could I be worthy of such an Omega? Then, she changed the way she asked. 

"Are you willing to see her in the bribe dress and hand in hand with other?"

At first, I just wanted to watch her grow up and bloom in the process, but unknowingly, she had attached to the first half of my life. As a result, when I saw her being cornered by that poisonous bee. I knew that I couldn't evade my feelings again. No matter how many times I refused to be in love with her, the bitterness from the taste of love was still lingering in my mind.

Then, Ikkou-nee-chan suggested "If you worry that you don't deserve her, just try your best to be matched with her. You know that, our family's rule, as long as you could make her fall in love with you, you would be the head of the Mizuno family. That old man will wholeheartedly support you when you chase the second daughter of the Hoshiyuki family"

Her sentence was still in my memory until now.

As long as I could be the heir of the Mizuno family, I could stand by her side justly.

Yet, my cowardice had ruined it.

I felt suffocating inside.

In the next second, I could only watch her walking toward her grandma to the other side, where the rumored partner stood there.

To my surprise, the other party had crimson hair like me, but it had a bolder color. Her pinky eyes excluded the allures to attract others.

It was outrageous because I couldn't clearly perceive her pheromones like other Alpha. Strange...I found her pheromone also attracting me, an Alpha...

Curiously, I also looked at Oujo-sama's expression. Her face was still emotionless without movements but her atmosphere was full of cautiousness.

The other party had an unisex appearance as I couldn't tell whether she or he. However, according to the outfit, she had more feminine points. Then, a question popped up in my mind. How could an Alpha attract another Alpha? It was impossible.

Her outfit was a decent dress with enough luxurious points.

Her face was always wearing a smile.

Then, the identical adult standing next to her began to introduce herself.

"Hello, Ms. Hoshiyuki, this is my daughter, Otonashi Sakura"

The middle-aged woman, who had almost the same appearance as that partner, talked fluently.

"My name is Otonashi Sakura, nice to me you"

With that, she bowed her head and did a textbook posture that you could find in the library.

That adult woman had a name. Otonashi Kazuha.

Ms. Hoshiyuki, Hiyori nodded in satisfaction as she found pleasant from the other party.

"Good, then, this is my granddaughter, Hoshiyuki Suiri"

"You must've heard her name in the music circle"

Ms. Hiyori began to boast about her granddaughter's deeds. Indeed, my Oujo-sama was a talented person like that. Her music...How could I say? She didn't follow the trend but she played it with however she liked. She just simply didn't care whether it was profitable or not. She just played her way.

"My name is Hoshiyuki Suiri, nice to meet you"

Oujo-sama spoke in an emotionless tone...What could you expect?

Then, unexpectedly, a hateful voice sounded next to the wall behind.

"My name is Shinonawa Charlotte, nice to meet you, Suiri"

Spoiler

7071a5f9-5914-49e9-874a-2a1035827801

[collapse]
24