The Troupe Master – Shun
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the hold-up on chapters. For reasons (I'm busy playing Splatoon), I don't write or release chapters on the weekends.

 

I attacked one of the Wheels, aiming to cut it to pieces.

 

My blade collided with the spinning creature. I heard the sounds of bones snapping as it was flung away. Some of the black goopy substance inside of it splashed onto the ground. To my surprise, it's HP dropped a significant amount.

 

[Wheel]

[Level X] [Hollow Vessel]

HP: [7,500/10,000]

MP: X

SP: X

[Spd: 38] [Str: 200] [Atk: 170] [Mag Atk: 70] [Def: x5]

 

I knew for certain that my Atk stat was not 2,500, so the Wheels must have had an attribute that made them receive more damage. Their defense was 'times five', so maybe that was it. I slashed a second time and it'd HP dropped to only half.

 

Because they took damage so easily, I finished three in barely any time. I turned and saw Leston swinging his blade, which he had lit on fire for some reason. When he swung at one of the Wheels, I saw why. The creature went up in flames when the fire touched the Wheel's goopy interior. In literally seconds, all that was left was a pile of burnt bones.

 

"These things die so easily," Kanata said, punching one of the Wheels. It shattered, sending shards of bone and bits of goo all over.

 

"You have nearly four times our Atk," I said. "It takes about four hits to kill it for me."

 

"Whatever," Kanata said.

 

After barely a minute, all the Wheels were dead.

 

"The hell is this goopy shit?" Nexus asked.

 

"It's the actual body of the Wheels," Leston answered. "The bones that make up their shells are scavenged from dead things."

 

"That does not sit right with me," I said, shuddering.

 

Just then, soft, creepy music began to play. It sounded almost like the Phantom of the Opera from Earth.

 

"Oh fuck," Leston said. A blue glow started to come from underneath the many plants. Then hundreds of tiny flying creatures that looked like dracibats shot out from the undergrowth. They swarmed around us, creating a vortex in the clearing. We tried attacking the creatures, and they all died in one hit, easy.

 

[Grimmfly]

[Level X] [Lesser Vessel (Troupe Master)]

HP: [1/1]

MP: [0/0]

SP: [10/10]

[Spd: 25] [Str: 4] [Atk: 10] [Mag Atk: 0] [Def: 0]

 

"These things are so weak, what the heck?" Nexus said. Her weapon sliced up hundreds of them. They fell to the ground and dissolved.

 

"They're Lesser Vessels," Leston said. "They're spawned by an actual Hollow Vessel. These ones are from the Troupe Master."

 

Then a loud burst of organ music cut through the clearing. Blue spotlights shone from the ground, illuminating a thin figure. He wore a dark cloak that covered his whole body. A strange mask shaped like the head of a dracibat covered his face.

 

[The Troupe Master]

[Level X] [Hollow Vessel]

HP: [700,000/700,000]

MP: X

SP: X

[Spd: 85] [Str: 12,000] [Atk: 5,000] [Mag Atk: 10,000] [Def: x5]

 

"Welcome, welcome," The Troupe Master said. He had a voice that sounded like he smoked a pack a day. "I see we have new visitors to our wonderful performance. What might you young people be doing here?"

 

I do not endorse smoking, I'm just including this as a description for the Troupe Master's voice. If you want to hear what the voice of the Troupe Master is supposed to sound like, find a video of Grimm in Hollow Knight in the mod 'Hallownest Vocalized. The Troupe Master also kinda looks like Grimm but with a blue color palette.

 

"We're just passing through," Leston said. "We mean no harm."

 

"You've killed several of the Wheels already," The Troupe Master said. "And many of my Lesser Vessels."

 

"We attacked the Wheels in self-defense and we thought your Lesser Vessels were attacking," Leston said. "I promise that we will leave and not cause any harm to you if you let us leave."

 

"Oh, but we can't have that. . ." The Troupe Master said. "You haven't seen my performance!"

 

"We don't really have the time-" Tiran started.

 

"Refusing?" The Troupe Master asked. "Then die."

 

Announcement
On another, more positive note, I've been wondering which characters you readers ship together. Tell me in the comments and I might tell you if you're right! There are also some whose love interests haven't been decided yet, so I might use some of your ideas.

I also have a discord server. The link's in the description of the story. Once it gets old I'll replace it.

0