Curiosities
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Worlds:

Earth – Our world, modern days

Crosslot – A Magical World. Portals often appear in caves deep underground, and from there come all sorts of strange creatures that take residence in those caves and tunnels.

Animals:

Bone Boars – A boar as big as a cow and covered with armour made of bones that can deflect swords and spears. His massive fangs can tear a man apart with a single blow.

Beekers – A strange bird with four wings as big as an eagle that hovered strangely. While one set of wings was going up, the other set was going down and had a long, pointy beak. The feathers are used for mattresses and pillows, and the meat is usually roasted and tastes like turkey.

Grolagians – Animals that looked like rabbits but had small, round ears and tall, thin legs. They looked like rabbits because of their eyes, noses, and long frontal teeth, but everything else was strange. Several people appreciate them because of their tasty, tender meat. Most Demis like to eat them raw, but Oomans prefer to cook them a little. Not too much, or the meat would lose most of its flavour, so that was why it was served in thin fillets in many places. Despite looking like big rabbits with long legs, they were absurdly fast and very hard to hunt. Their pelts had high demand because of the warm clothing that could be made from them.

Karkadann – A flying horse that is taller and bulkier than a normal horse. They are completely black, which makes them almost invisible at night. They are powerful, scary-looking draft horses with smooth, backwards-curving horns on their foreheads. The hard plates that cover their bodies can be used to make shields.

Plants:

Brot – It looks like an apple, but it is soft, squishy, and tastes like a strawberry. It is usually eaten raw, but people also make juice out of it.

Brogglie fruits – A dark purple fruit that grows in groups in a small bush, which people let grow until waist size and trim once a year to keep it at that height. People use them to make an alcoholic beverage. Very similar to grapes.

Drinks:

Sapnectar – A yellow liquid that could be fermented to create an alcoholic beverage with a sweet taste. Made from the liquid produced by trees that have a dark green colour with large leaves. The tree trunks were round, with the shape of a barrel, and more than three meters tall and five metres in diameter in the largest part, right at middle height.

Brogglie Nectar - An alcoholic beverage made from Brogglie fruits. Very similar to wine.

Wake-up juice – It has medicinal properties. It can cut the effects of alcohol almost immediately, and it gives a power boost in cases of lack of sleep.

Religion:

Goddess Cinna – The Deity of the Crosslot World. She doesn’t like Oomans very much and wants to eradicate them.

Jobs:

Explorers – They enter the caves where Monsters dwell, and they make lists of the species they encounter and draw the maps that are later used by Adventurers that go there to kill the Monsters and collect the materials to sell. They also do escort work. They have the highest death rate, and usually, Explorers don’t live long. Most of them change jobs in the Guild when they suffer a severe injury.

Adventurers – They protect the Explorers in their group and also enter caves to kill the Monsters and collect the materials to sell. They also do escort work, collect herbs to make Potions, and hunt prey that they later sell to clients.

Receptionist of a Guild – She is assigned to a group made of one Explorer and four to five Adventurers. She does all the paperwork for them, researches the work they want to apply for, deals with customers, and makes the last design of a map made by an Explorer.

Rules of Magic:

Magic of the Elements – Water, Wind, Fire, and Earth

Monster Tamer – They use their rare internal Magic without the need for a Magical Crystal to control Monsters and, in some rare cases, animals.

Magical objects:

Magical Crystals – The colour depends on the Element they can use.

Water – blue

Wind – yellow

Fire – red

Earth – brown

The crystals are dug from mountains, caves, and mines and are very rare. There is supposedly a vast source of Magical Crystals in the mountains of the Demons’ country, and that is why Oomans are often trying to invade it.

Countries:

Demis’ Countries – Kingdom of Malgrudia, Mangavasia, Oka, Shoq League.

Ooman Countries – Kamawara Kingdom, Laichian Empire, Kingdom of Leyan, Shian Empire.

Cities:

Amberstar City in the Kingdom of Malgudria – Where Meryda and Craydon Crawler live and where the Guild of Explorers and Adventurers is.

Sumgon City in the Kamawaran Kingdom – Where Meryda and Craydon met the old Demi-Cat Mage, Adad Rholed.

Rokumizu City – Oka’s Capital.

Byadri – The City in the Demons’ country where Meryda and Craydon slept when they arrived.

Kaihua – The Demon’s country’s capital.

Land Monster:

Lyzy – A Salamander able to use Fire Magic. A strange orange lizard the size of a medium dog. The tip of his long tail was bright red, like the top of his head and the tip of his paws.

Jelly – A Slime, able to absorb everything inside of him. A gelatinous creature that looked like green jelly with the shape of a bean and was as big as a cat. But it couldn’t be jelly because it wiggled and jumped up and down.

Emptiness – A dark, compact cloud that is always hovering a few centimetres from the floor. It is supposedly a live Monster, but since it has no physical body, people often say it is a Demon. When surrounded by a circular pit of water, they stay there and can be used to dissolve organic material that then serves to make manure. Or to get rid of prisoners condemned to death if needed. Mages catches them by using Water Magic.

Sub-Demon or Sub-Monster – A lower-class Monster used to do tasks in a house. Demis and Oomans think they are Demons. They are light grey beings with bald heads, big, round, and black eyes, and thin arms and legs. One ankle always ties them to a metal ball with a metal chain. They are trained since they were very young to obey their owner by using click sounds that mean a certain task or by being tortured to obey if they are caught when they are older.

Black Shuck – The canine of nightmares, the size of a Great Dane dog, with glossy black fur. The male dog is often 76 cm at the shoulders and weighs 54 kg, and the female is 71 cm and weighs 45 kg. The teeth are absurdly sharp, and thanks to the length of the front teeth, which are always out of the mouth and downwards, they are frequently used to make knives. They all have large, flaming, saucer-sized red eyes, which are always threateningly glowing. Usually seen at night on dark, lonely roads or fields, it is a harbinger of death.

Water Monster:

Sea Serpent – A massive underwater serpent that often attacks boats to eat people.

Flying Monster:

Drake – A big, enormous, and dangerous flying lizard. Their front arms have wings attached to their bodies. They have two legs and long tails, which they use to change the direction of their flight like a ship’s rudder, and their teeth have venom. Drakes are very intelligent, even more so than Bone Boars, and they are extremely tough to kill because of their raw strength and hardened scales. They have six or ten-metre-long bodies, and the tail is half that size. Their wingspan is double their length. They can fold their wings by the middle and keep them close to the sides of their bodies so that they can use their front paws to grab things like cutting down trees, carving wood to make sculptures, and all sorts of things. Some of them work on construction sites, making houses or helping build ships, and there are even some who work on farms, preparing fields or harvesting them.

Demons:

Dark Eight – The Dark Eight is a coven of High Demons in charge of ruling the Demon’s country. They also plot and strategize the movements of Demon’s armies.

Mambabarang – The Herald of the Swarm. A low-rank Demon who tames Monsters to be used as border guards in the Demon’s country, but they prefer to use a swarm of destructive insects, specifically carnivorous beetles. They torture and later kill their victims by infesting their bodies with insects if their tamed Monsters catch a victim alive.

0