Chapter 1: Beginning
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of a small building, a crowd of children of different ages could be seen surrounding what appeared to be a boy and an adult man.

All the children had looks of shock as they saw the scene before them, and anyone else who saw it would likely have the same expression, because what was in front of them was a very brutal scene.

"Stop—!" Before the adult man could continue speaking, his face was slammed into the floor.

"Do you want me to stop?" said the boy who pulled the adult man's hair a bit, the man now against the ground, while the boy crouched down with one of his feet on the man's back.

"Hadn't I warned you not to come near?" When the boy finished asking his question, instead of waiting for a response from the man, he simply pulled the man's hair even more until his head was facing upwards, before slamming it into the floor again.

When the boy lifted the man's head again, to his surprise, he wasn't having a tantrum like the last five times he had done the same.

He looked at the man's face and saw blood flowing from the man's forehead and nose, along with tears spread across his face. He ignored that and simply focused on the man's eyes and saw that they were closed.

He sighed and muttered, "How boring," before squeezing the man's head with his hand again and smashing it against the floor for the seventh time, in case the man was pretending to faint.

He stood up and looked towards the children surrounding them. "What are you all looking at? Do you want to go through the same thing he's going through?" The children's expressions turned even more fearful, and they shook their heads from side to side, before some of them started crying simultaneously.

"Tsk" "Shut up!" The boy's shout echoed throughout the room, and there was an uncomfortable silence from the children for a few seconds, before they began crying even louder than before.

"Tsk"

'How annoying,' the boy thought before picking up a case and putting it into a backpack. Once he did, he moved away from the man on the bloody ground and the children who wouldn't stop crying, looking at him with a greater fear than they had for the man bleeding on the floor.

He approached the door, and when he opened it, he saw three men. Two of them dressed entirely in black, while the one in the middle was dressed entirely in white and stood out, because unlike the two black-clad men, who were two meters tall and had a horn on their foreheads, the one in the middle was of average height and had orange-colored cat-like eyes, along with cat ears.

"We apologize for disturbing, but by any chance, is Evan present in this place?" The boy looked at the men warily and hostilely, but shook his head before saying, "Sorry, I don't know anyone named Evan." To the boy's surprise, "hehehe," the man in white chuckled in a strange manner, while the black-clad men simply stood like statues.

"I love your temper. I'll be happy to work with you from now on." This made the boy more alert, but the man didn't care and just stared at him before saying, "Take him away." As soon as he said those words, the black-clad man on the left disappeared and reappeared behind Evan. Much to the men's surprise, Evan managed to stop the hand aimed at his neck.

But that surprise was only momentary, and the man grabbed the hand Evan used to block his own, as Evan was about to strike with his other hand, the man also grabbed it. Despite that, Evan's expression remained unchanged, and he planned to use the hands being held by the man to kick, but the other black-clad man disappeared, and before he knew it, he had already fainted from the blow to the back of his neck.

"What a surprise, he has a lot of strength despite not having trained or manifested any kind of core," said the first man who attacked Evan.

When the man heard his response, he showed a smile that seemed to be that of a friendly person. But no one knows what might be going through his mind.

"How would you compare his strength to that of an aura user?" said the man who kept smiling, and the response he received satisfied him.

"I would say the strength of an aura user at the 'Fusion' stage limit, nearing the 'Resonance' stage."

When he finished hearing the response, the man in white murmured, "Take him along with all his belongings." The man looked inside the building and saw all the children inside and the man on the ground with his face covered in blood.

"Don't forget to clean up the mess either," was what he said before leaving the place with the man carrying Evan.

1