001 – Washed up.
2k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amidst the tumultuous expanse of the sea, a lone figure stood resolute at the helm of a small, weather-worn vessel. The salty wind wove through tangled strands of hair, tugging at tattered clothes that clung to her form. Eyes, the color of stormy seas, peered out at the horizon with a mixture of determination and trepidation.

 

The sky, once serene and azure, had now transformed into a tempestuous canvas of gray. Dark clouds loomed overhead like giants, their roiling forms obscuring the sunlight and casting an eerie pallor over the churning waters. The boat creaked and groaned in protest as the waves, relentless in their fury, rose and fell in a symphony of nature's wrath.

 

Rain pelted down, each drop like a tiny percussion against skin, mingling with the taste of salt on her lips. With each crash of a wave, water sprayed over the bow, drenching her to the bone. Yet, her grip on the helm remained unyielding, hands calloused from days spent at sea, fingers clutched tightly around the worn wood as if it were her last tether to the world she knew.

 

A particularly monstrous wave reared up ahead, a watery titan poised to swallow the boat whole. The timeworn vessel groaned in protest, unable to escape the clutches of the impending deluge. The roar of the storm and the rush of water filled her ears, drowning out any semblance of rational thought.

 

And then, with a deafening crash, the wave descended upon the boat. Wood splintered, and the world was swallowed by a whirlpool of foam and darkness. The boat shuddered violently as the water enveloped it, and she was plunged into an abyss of chaos and sound.

 

In the heart of the maelstrom, consciousness ebbed and flowed like the tides. The sensation of being tossed, turned, and spun around seemed to stretch on for an eternity. And then, as quickly as it had begun, the chaos subsided, leaving only the distant echo of the storm in her ears.

 

Blinking, she found herself lying on a foreign shore, waterlogged and dazed. The air was different here – thick with an unfamiliar humidity and carrying scents she couldn't quite place. Struggling to her feet, she looked around, her stormy eyes wide with wonder and confusion.

 

Before her, a sprawling beach stretched toward the water's edge, its sands a mosaic of soft gold and shimmering silver under the cloudy sky. A steep incline beckoned beyond the shoreline, a path carved by nature's hand leading up to an overgrown jungle that clung to the slope with wild abandon.

 

Amidst the verdant tangle, a colossal tree stood sentinel, its gnarled roots woven intricately into the earth like ancient tapestries of life. Its towering presence seemed to pierce the heavens, and its branches, adorned with leaves of a thousand shades of green, formed a living canopy that filtered the sunlight into dappled patterns upon the forest floor.

 

As the rain ceased and the air grew heavy with the chorus of unseen creatures, she knew that she was not safe. An uncharted island, she had mused. The air was thick and pure. 

First things first, she needed a source of fresh water. Surviving was much easier after that. 

 

She had no idea. 

WHAT SHOULD OUR LOVELY PROTAGONIST BE NAMED?!
  • Hanna Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Sofia Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Sigurd Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Astred Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Morgan Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Kimiko Votes: 1 10.0%
Total voters: 10 · This poll was closed on Aug 24, 2023 04:38 PM.
54