027 – Feast
800 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hanna POV 

 

Why is my stomach killing me for more food? The Anjanath was the size of a two-story house and I ate down to the bone marrow! This isn't normal, I know the system is converting anything I eat into bioenergy, but I should at least feel slightly sated. 

My urge to eat was growing and I charged into the forest, feasting on everything I could get ahold of. Fish, Jagras, Wingdrakes, bugs, you name it. Anything that I could take bites out of was eaten bones and all yet nothing could curb the aching pain in my stomach. 

I must have combed the entirety of the forest before I stopped finding anything. Whatever was put there was avoiding my attempts to find it and it was frustrating me to no end. 

But then I picked up a scent. 

And oh, did it smell good.

I took to the skies and flew up and over the huge tree in the center of the ancient forest, and my eyes widened at what I saw. I looked around and saw a desert region, a vast region of coral, muted pinks and blues, but what my senses were driving me to was a crevasse in the ground of this coral region.

I flew in, rocketing toward the ground before spreading my wings and pulling up to a halt abruptly. Have I mentioned how fun flying is? Third favorite thing behind evolving and sex. 

My nose is assaulted by the stench of rot but rather than make me retch, the maddening ache in my stomach made me regard this place as if it were a land of sweets. 

I descended into this place after the System that it's called the Rotten Vale, the remains of a giant monster that is still decomposing to this day. Hearing this, I couldn't help myself and gouge a hunk of meat from the wall and use my claws to cut it in half, cooking one with my fire breath and eating it. 

My eyes widened, the taste of this monster was heavenly! How could something that was a rotting corpse taste so delicious?

Then my jaw dropped.

「Bionergy Gained: 50 Years」

Just that much from a HALF hunk of this meat? Just what in the hell was this thing for it to be so packed full of bioenergy this long into its decomposition. 
 
More than that, it tasted so fucking good. 
 
Soon I was carving off slabs of this meat and cooking it, eating it with gusto before, in my maddening hunger, I opted to forgo cutting pieces out of the surroundings and just breathed fire on the fleshy wall, pausing only to eat. The notifications came more and more and I lost myself to the sensations of feasting wantonly. 
 
Shai POV
 
Imperialis had been gone. It hasn't been sighted for nearly a month at this point. It flew off, soon after its mutation, the sound of its stomach growling giving us the reason why. We'd dispatched some hunters to trail it and what they reported back to us terrified us all. Imperialis was mindlessly hunting, killing, and eating everything that it could catch, which wasn't much. Not even a DevilJho could match such a pace.
 
Soon after the elder dragon had finished hunting, it caught a scent and took to the sky, and hasn't been seen since.  Meanwhile, the guild has come back with a report. Imperialis has officially been designated as an intelligent Elder Dragon, and a formal investigation has been launched.  Step one of every investigation: Assessment. We have to be careful to not overstep. Elder Dragons are not known for their patience, and a sapiosentient Elder Dragon is new territory. 
 
Hanna Pov
 
When I came to, my stomach was hurting but now for the opposite reason as before. I had eaten, too much,  my belly bloated and my body lethargic as I tried to fly away from the Vale. 
 
Urgh, this sucks. 
 
My eyes check at my bioenergy reserves and I can't help but grin as I see the number in the ten thousands. 
 
Now, what was I going to do with all this...?
37