Chapter 33, Rime and Ruin
1.4k 8 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I would've gotten this out earlier but work was not cooperating. Anyways. Discord Server? Thoughts??

The first thing that Hanna learned about the Legiana is that it is too fucking fast! Her speed isn't anything to squint at, but with a broken wing she not going to be able to match the Legiana should it take to the air.

The Legiana wasted no time. It descended upon Hanna, talons gleaming with deadly intent. Despite the searing pain in her injured wing, Hanna knew that her only option was to fight. With a surge of adrenaline, she rolled out of the way just in time, narrowly avoiding the Legiana's deadly pounce, and retaliating with a hard Crack across its head, sending its serpentine neck whipping back before it focused on her. 

The Legiana spun, sending a wave of frost at her, which crashed into her, tearing a gash into her side, splitting the scales but not puncturing her body. 

She groaned and spat forth a fireball in retaliation, which collided with the flying wyvern and sent it reeling. Hanna pounced on it herself, her smaller humanoid form standing atop the beasts, a flurry of claws and poisonous breath, wounding it and causing immense venom to flood its system. Hanna was angry, angry that she had been brought to injury twice by such a weak creature.

And it was indeed weak. The Legiana couldn't contend with her physical power, nor the sheer arsenal of abilities she had. 

It managed to squirm free, bloody and screeching for its life, but as soon as it made to take flight, Hanna caught it by the tail and yanked it back to the ground, then, with both hands on its tail, swung it around in a half circle before swinging upward and then back down towards the ground, dazing the wyvern. 

She had not yet vented her spleen, it would seem, as she walked forward and stepped on its leg, pressing down hard as her two hands gripped the base of the tail and started pulling. 

And pulling.

And- ~POP~

With a pained screech, the Legiana's tail came from its body. The limp appendage hanging from Hanna's left claw dribbled blood. 

Hanna gave the beast a kick to its chest, A harsh Crack sounded out, letting Hanna know she had broken some ribs. Hanna breathed in deep and exhaled, a deluge of high-pressure water, thanks Gunk Sac, escaping her throat and blasting the Legiana, keeping it forced down. Finally, when she needed to breathe, Hanna cocked her leg back and have a harsh kick to the Legiana's neck, breaking it. 

She wasted no time, breathing fire all over the flying leviathan, cooking it. 

Legiana tastes vaguely of duck? But the skin is like catfish skin. It's a delightful texture experience, though a little bland. 

What she was waiting for was the two hundred years of bioenergy she got from eating the cooked wyvern and the new Frost Sac trait. Instantly, she boosted it to rank four and assimilated it around the other sacs so she could breathe the new element out. She could feel her body healing as she ate.

Deá POV

I caught the end of that fight. It was brutal. Beautiful. Monstrous. Magnificent. I have never seen a monster toss another around like that. I could feel her anger from here. Imperialis was blindingly furious about being wounded and took its aggressions out on the Bird Wyvern. It was also healing at a rate never before seen from the guild. 

Its wings made wet noises and cracks as the bone, sinew, and wingflesh slouched away and regrew in a matter of minutes. If I wasn't used to cutting into the guts of wyverns, I'd have been sick. 

But more than that, such a display of raw power and aggression?

Oh my fucking God, I'm so wet. God, I wanna fight her! Then fuck her. 

Of course, father might not approve of any sort of relationship with the Elder Dragon, but I don't always do what father approves of. 

Wait, she's moving. And now she's not? 

I watch as she scarfs down her meal only for her to whirl around and stare up the hill, completely frozen. Right when I was wondering what in the fuck has her so spooked, I see it- no, them. 

The fluffy mane of powder blue hair, the singular spiral horn, their lion-like faces, and the two-tone, striped blue equine body. 

Kirin. 

A mated pair. 

And Imperialis was challenging them...

34