“Humble” Beginnings
475 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The television played the upbeat voice of a young straw-hatted pirate over the sounds of a slob - our protagonist - stuffing her face with unhealthy snacks in nothing but her underwear while being seated so uncomfortably that her spine would show up as a loop-de-loop on an x-ray.

As Rose was about to eat the last of her bag of chips, the show suddenly paused. Through the television, the voice of a narrator sounded.

"Rose was an interesting girl. She clearly had the intellect to do whatever she wanted with her life, and for a certain amount of time, she used that intellect well. She created new theories, expanded horizons, and won her Nobel prize quite early on in life, at the ripe young age of 24.

Her life seemed to be going quite well, so what turned her into the current chip-eating, couch-potato failure we see currently melting into the sofa and staring like a dead fish at the 1000th episode of One Piece?"

"What did you just cal-"

"Well this useless failure started out her life on a pretty good track, she made discovery after discovery in the world of physics. Such a shame that she got a bit too good, she discovered something that those bastards desperately wanted to cover up. The fact that their sacred [Laws] aren't as unbreakable as they would hope you to believe."

Rose suddenly felt her breath hitch, an anger so thick that it was faintly visible radiating through the room was taking hold of her heart, after the voice in the television sighed, the anger vanished as quickly as it came.

"In order to cover up this blunder, and due to the fact that there was no chance in hell they could actually manage to sneak into this place without being detected, they resorted to simply driving you to suicide. They took your stage from you, they manipulated those around you, they turned you into a heretic."

After listening to the voice's monologue, Rose felt that she finally had enough of a voice to speak, "Are you trying to play the mysterious outside factor, just tell me who 'they' are, moron, or are you just enjoying the sight of me in my underwear too much to cut things short?" Rose winked.

The voice went silent for a moment, and then "COULD YOU BE SERIOUS FOR ONE SECOND OF YOUR LIFE!?"

"Nah."

The voice in the television sighed, "I'll get to the point, you are no longer safe in this reality. Those bastards may not be able to exert much of their influence here, but with the strength that you currently have, they'll probably be able to give you brain cancer should you stay here another year or more. So I'm here to give you a choice-"

"One Piece please."

"What do you mean?-"

"I know where this is going, you say this world is dangerous, so you send me to another world, I get ultra-strong, I beat the baddie for you (probably with the help of some cheat), and then retire in that world having become a god. Standard stuff really - elementary."

Rose could have sworn she heard a facepalm through the TV.

"Yeah, fine, whatever. One Piece it is. Kill the god of that world for me and I'll leave you alone after that. Get out of my sight."

Rose suddenly found herself in a set of headlights, strange given that she was on the 538th floor of the empire's most secure apartment complex.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FU-"

*BANG*

All in a day's work for Truck-Kun.

The television spoke for one last time as the picture on it began to fade.

"Why do they always put me in charge of the weird ones? Alright, who's this next guy - Kazuma? Hopefully, he's slightly more normal than this wench."

The voice vanished.

26