Foundational Principles
285 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon waking up, Rose found herself lying in a slightly uncomfortable bed, two nurses to her side whom Whitebeard had asked to ensure Rose's health. Upon seeing Rose wake up, they ran out of the room.

'Damn, my head hurts like shit.'

Rose tried to muscle through the pain shooting through her brain from overexertion and started to analyze the events of the previous day.

'Well, at least I've begun to understand my abilities. Slipping through the cracks of the laws of physics, huh? An interesting power.'

Indeed, Rose's ability functions by abusing the laws of physics. By breaking, bending, or otherwise manipulating the 'source code' of reality. She can cause events that would be impossible without her ability, like her use of [Collision Error] to allow solid objects to pass through one another.

'I have a few more hypotheses to test about my abilities. Let's hope that Whitebeard doesn't refuse my requests.'

And as though it was necessary for the plot to progress, right on time, Whitebeard entered the sick bay of the Moby Dick.

"Gurararara~, you've impressed me, little girl. Your abilities are strange and aren't from a devil fruit. We dipped you in the sea to check if you'd lose all strength but it seems not! You have earned your right to stay aboard my ship."

'Wait, what did he do to me?' Rose decided that thinking about this any further would just give her a headache, so she decided against it.

Whitebeard continued, "I still haven't accepted you into my crew, however. You are too weak. That ability of yours took you out of commission for a day just to block an attack from one of my weakest sons!

If you want to earn a permanent place on this ship, you have a long way to go! Gurarara~!"

'Man, Whitebeard was way more chill when he was younger, huh?'

Rose decided that now was as good of a chance as any to fully discover the extent of her abilities, given that she now understands the mechanism behind them, she shouldn't collapse after using them this time, "Whitebeard, could you do me a favour?"

Whitebeard raised an eyebrow and signalled her to continue.

"Could you stab my hand with Armament Haki?"

Whitebeard was clearly taken aback by this request, but quickly regained his composure and smiled, "Want to test just how far that strange ability of yours can go? Gurararara~, fine, stick out your hand."

Rose set her hand down on a bedside table and readied herself for Whitebeard's attack.

Whitebeard coated a finger in black Armament Haki and stabbed towards the back of Rose's hand.

Just before his finger penetrated Rose, the space around her hand and Whitebeard's finger started to glitch and distort. Pieces of space were flickering like a malfunctioning VCR.

[Error Manipulation: Collision Error]

Whitebeard's finger hit Rose's hand, and then...

"YEEAAAOOOOWCH!!!!"

He pierced a hole straight through it.

While Rose grabbed her wrist, in severe pain, her brain was working overtime.

'I knew it, my ability can only break the laws of physics I understand. So while I can allow objects to pass through each other by negating the effects of the strong nuclear and electromagnetic forces, I have no idea how Haki works scientifically. I need a laboratory, and some test subjects.'

Whitebeard looked away from Rose and spoke, "Your ability feels much like that of a logia devil fruit. I felt my flesh pass through yours, but my Haki did all of the damage it needed to."

Whitebeard turned his head back to Rose, expecting to see a girl in tears from pain and fear, after all, she had just been stabbed, but when he locked eyes a madwoman rambling to herself in scientific jargon with a crazy grin nearly splitting her face in two, Whitebeard raised an eyebrow.

"Utterly fascinating... look for an operating principle... new fundamental force..."

'She's smiling? Despite having been stabbed? Gurararara~! how interesting. Don't disappoint me, Rose, having a daughter doesn't sound too bad!'

19