Beginning of the Infiltration
212 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Moby Dick approached the civilian island where MADS was last sighted, and Rose began formulating her plan. Rose attached the Den Den Mushi to her wrist, before immediately springing into her role as strategist. She screamed at the Whitebeard pirates.

"We are on a covert mission! Subdue any fighters on the island and confiscate any means of communication! Allow no news of our arrival to leave this island!"

The boys of the Whitebeard crew immediately sprang into action, searching the houses of the terrified civilians to unearth any way their plans could be exposed, then sinking any ships docked on the island except for a small rowboat, and restraining all fighters in the small village.

'Step one complete, a temporary base of operation secured.'

Rose walked over to an old, white-haired man, the elder of this village and spoke to him, "Hey old man, you have any idea where exactly the closest Marine base is to this island? A log pose is preferable if you've got one."

The old man looked at Rose in disgust, and then spat at her, her body glitching slightly as the spit flew straight through her. Rose sighed as she turned away from the old man and picked up a pebble. "You know, you'd save a lot of time and pain if you just told me."

The elder snickered at Rose and spat, "You want to torture me, girl? You can go ahead, I've felt more pain in my life than you could dream of."

Rose kindly smiled at the old man before the pebble in her began to glitch. "Well, old man, have it your way."

[Collision Error]

Rose tossed the pebble at the old man, but to his surprise, the pebble just passed straight into his stomach.

[Overwrite]

The old man let out a yelp of absolute agony, so loud that even the Whitebeard pirates slightly cringed upon hearing it. The man writhed in pain, his screams only getting louder when he did.

Rose lifted the old man's chin to make eye contact with him, a wonderful grin on her face, "I wonder what got overwritten? Was it a part of your intestines? Maybe a piece of stomach? Maybe it was the muscle, you do seem to scream louder whenever you move. So, old man, how about it, you want to speak up now?"

The old man, with tears in his eyes, stared back at Rose, still with some determination in his eyes.

"Not so easily broken, eh? Maybe we need another..." Rose picked up a second pebble, which was finally enough to coerce the information out of the old man. He directed Rose to a log pose he kept in his bedroom which pointed to the nearest Marine base. Apparently, a young marine had given it to him long ago.

Rose patted the sweat off of her forehead, recovering from the energy usage of such a draining technique. It took Rose nearly all she had to send a single pebble into the old man's stomach, in truth, if the old man had not spoken after the second pebble, Rose would have had to give up.

Rose turned to her brothers, who were now thoroughly creeped out, and took a swig of water from one of the flasks that they were holding. She spoke, "I'm heading out to infiltrate the marine base, I'll go on the rowboat to get as close as possible to the base without being detected, half of you follow after me as backup, the remainder stay here and ensure that no news of our presence leaks. Don't kill them yet, it might not be necessary."

Thatch nodded quickly, standing straight up with his arms to the side and shouted, "Yes, strategist!"

After Rose went out of earshot, Thatch turned to Marco and said, "You know, Marco, maybe falling through the floor isn't so bad".

Marco, white in the face, just nodded his agreement as he watched Rose tinker with the log pose, and then enter a rowboat and begin rowing.

12