Marine Imposter
206 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{A/N: Tenth chapter :D Thank you everyone who reads!!!}

Rose lifted up the cuffs of her three-day-old pants and pulled the rowboat into the water, making a mental note to 'borrow' some spare clothes from some female researchers when she gets the chance. After landing the boat in the water she started rowing in the direction indicated by the log pose while she finished setting up her Den Den Mushi. The team of Whitebeard pirates that are following her as backup now have access to everything that she sees.

Rose quickly arrived within the range of the Marine base and, after quickly scanning the water around her with Observation Haki, informed her backup to stop tailing her lest they be caught, and quickly used [Collision Error] to allow light to pass straight through her, leaving her invisible. To avoid having to maintain the [Error] for too long, Rose quickened her pace and arrived at the giant building amidst the sea.

Rose quickly sunk her rowboat so that the Marines wouldn't have any cause for alarm, then crept into the base through a window in the side of the building, and made her way to the bathrooms. Rose picked up a newspaper and tore a page out of it and quickly waited for a low-ranking marine to make their way into the bathroom.

A few minutes later, a young ensign with no access to Haki or a devil fruit walked into the bathroom. 'Perfect'. The thin strip of paper Rose was holding began to crackle with her [Collision Error] before she placed the paper inside the neck of the young Marine, a method that Rose determined to be most efficient, as it involved the least possible material affected while still achieving the desired result.

[Overwrite] [Perception Error]

The 'marine' walked out of the bathroom, having already thrown 'his' own body 7 meters under the ground using an [Error], and then stuffed another clean sheet of paper into 'his' pocket and walked through the base, saluting any superiors on his way to the ports.

MADS, the mobile laboratory, was a steamboat, one that needed to restock regularly on fuel, food, and other supplies, as well as one that needed to routinely swap out guards when they finished on their shifts. Rose found herself a copy of the guards' timetable and determined the lowest rank individual present on the base that would be entering MADS today. Rose waited for the young man to go into the bathroom and...

[Overwrite] [Perception Error]

After a five-minute break to recover from the energy usage of continuous use of [Perception Error]. 'Junior Lieutenant Franky' walked out of the bathroom and grabbed five pages out of the newspaper, deciding that grabbing one at a time was inefficient, before gathering at the port, where a ship is set to leave to change out guards in 15 minutes.

A marine walked up to 'Franky' and began talking to him, "Oi Franky! Where'd ya go man? We're head'n out in a couple o' minutes!"

'Oh shit,' Rose panicked before regaining her composure, and making her voice sound as much like Franky as possible before saying, "Just in the toilet man, these cafeteria meals do a number on you!"

The marine crinkled his brow, clearly finding something strange in Franky's words, but he seemed to forget about it and move on to talking to one of the other marines quickly.

'I need to abandon this disguise soon, can't be caught unawares twice in the same disguise.'

'Franky' walked into the boat headed to dock with MADS, and caught the eye of a nervous junior researcher, clearly headed to their first day in the lab, 'He'll do nicely.'

The young researcher smiled at 'Franky', and thought 'Do all marines smile this creepily?'

14